GM shutting 5 plants in North America

2 Sweet

Having done the training on the 2.7T recently I wouldn’t touch that fucker. Stupid overly complicated cooling system with no thermostat and too many lines, and it’s retarded sliding camshafts. Hard pass.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in one of Cordell's training sessions:

- Corporate trainers that are thrice-removed from the actual product engineers that designed/manufactured the parts...watched over by managers that are forced to know a product only through confidential corporate documents.

- Required classes filled with ASE Master Techs who maybe have faith in 50-75% of the components they are trained to service.

- Side-jabber about new technology being introduced to an unprepared market.

- Feedback from said ASE Master Techs to said Corporate Trainers about ways to improve the product.....after it's already being rolled out.

- Jaded people drinking themselves to sleep before moving on to the next region.

I listen to Cordell with great respect for his experience. When an all-new product comes out and he's already complaining, it gives me pause and helps me appreciate the LS-engine and Ford's EcoBoost lineups a little more.

Whatever happened to the Elio that one guy on this forum was all about? ;)

If you're talking about me, hey...hope springs eternal. I didn't put a reservation deposit towards that schyster!

What can I say? I'm a fan of new technology not as a bleeding-edge innovator, but someone that appreciates watching an idea come through the process all the way to a finished good for the consumer to buy...and maybe buy second- third- or fourth-hand years down the road at a discount.:D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to be a fly on the wall in one of Cordell's training sessions:

- Corporate trainers that are thrice-removed from the actual product engineers that designed/manufactured the parts...watched over by managers that are forced to know a product only through confidential corporate documents.

- Required classes filled with ASE Master Techs who maybe have faith in 50-75% of the components they are trained to service.

- Side-jabber about new technology being introduced to an unprepared market.

- Feedback from said ASE Master Techs to said Corporate Trainers about ways to improve the product.....after it's already being rolled out.

- Jaded people drinking themselves to sleep before moving on to the next region.

I listen to Cordell with great respect for his experience. When an all-new product comes out and he's already complaining, it gives me pause and helps me appreciate the LS-engine and Ford's EcoBoost lineups a little more.

If you're talking about me, hey...hope springs eternal. I didn't put a reservation deposit towards that schyster!

What can I say? I'm a fan of new technology not as a bleeding-edge innovator, but someone that appreciates watching an idea come through the process all the way to a finished good for the consumer to buy...and maybe buy second- third- or fourth-hand years down the road at a discount.:D

Bingo, GM doesn't listen to what people want and the support staff.

I just about hate all of the SUV that are made, they are car based crossed over crap.... I do like the real SUVs that were based on truck frames/etc, and can actually can a pull a trailer/etc.

All in jest :)

I've been trying to think of a new or new-ish GM product that was in my price range ($25-30k) when car shopping last year that I've really wanted to check out. I can't think of any. Maybe a Volt to to say I checked it out and I didn't find any SS that wasn't high millage or beat.