Online liquor site?

zeitgeist57

Wifey is hosting a Christmas party later in December. I'd like to avoid restocking the bar cart at Giant Eagle's liquor agency with full-retail prices. I don't host a lot at our house so our choices/supply is low.

Any recommendations on sites to buy multiple bottles and ship them to our house? The other option is a trip up to Cleveland, where my dad is retired Navy and gets ridic-cheap stuff at the Coast Guard Exchange...

Go to Anderson's.

THE Andersons? Those closed last year.

Military people are your best bet. There are a few locations around here if you know any other local folks.

Probably not worth a drive to Cleveland...youd save what, $2-10 max per bottle. Might just need to bite the bulliet and just restock lol

Thanks for the great suggestions, guys!

Yeah talk to your military friends (the ones whose truck purchases you don't shit on) who can get anything for pennies on the dollar.

Did I ask you for help??

$45k Tee-ruk LOL.

*spikes football*

:gabe:

How I really feel about NB:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fI5hFr1-tJE/VhEtibskMNI/AAAAAAAAARo/2T3tg59QK9M/s1600/hand%2Bheart.jpg

If you're stocking up for the year(s) a trip to KY can absolutely be worth the time.

I don't remember the store (may have been the party source) but I was blown away when I saw handles of sailor jerry on sale for less than half what i'd pay in ohio. I absolutely bought out the 4 remaining bottles on the shelf.

I'd say make the trip to KY, hit a few different stores and pick up sale items and some 190 proof everclear since I believe its now illegal in all states but KY and NV. Good for drinking, cleaning, disinfecting, engine fuel, brain fuel...you name it. Just use it like vodka, only use less than 1/2 of much. Less "watering down" of your drinks.

I've bought a couple of bottles online, but only pricier stuff that you also can't find or is very hard to find in the idiotic state controlled liquor stores here.

Rum selection in most stores here is pretty abysmal.

There are laws but if that specific liquor can be sold in Ohio then you can buy it from out of state and shipped into the state

I don't even know how that could be realistically controlled or enforced. Best case it would be controlled by the (online) store you are purchasing from.

The store would have to know the exactly list that Ohio stores 'can' get, and make sure they don't send you those, but can send you anything else. The store is not in Ohio, so what in the hell is Ohio going to do? And, how would they even know to enforce against the purchaser or seller?

I trust what you are saying is true, it just seems dumb and pointless.

Probably it has some teeth for commercial purpose e.g. a restaurant or bar.

I bought a bottle of Pyrat Cask 1623 online a few years ago. I saw one at Weilands maybe six months after that, so I'm guessing it was 'available' in Ohio... but not actually since that's the only bottle I've ever seen in a store in Ohio. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯