New project - 1982 928

supldys

My 82 had a 3 spd auto.

They are unique cars. Fun to drive. I actually liked my auto better than the manual. The clutch placement felt awkward.

That’s interesting to hear. A friend of mine who used to race motorcycle, his family had one since new and he said the clutch would go bad every 5k miles like clock work. He recommended me to get an AT, but if I get an AT I’ll just stay with my AMG, lol.

Have fun with the Bosch fuel injection system! Electrically these cars require high maintenance, and the mentioned fuel injection system can and probably will be a pain in the ass at 36 plus years old. I remember having issues with the ignition switch, window switches, headlight motors, brake warning system, and headlight switch. The older the fuel car got the more the injection system would act up, lots of old rubber parts and old switches and specific fuel pump relays to turn the pump off during deceleration. I had an 81 euro spec S and it was impressively fast when I got it in 2000 or so.

Good luck, hopefully it works well.

Have fun with the Bosch fuel injection system! Electrically these cars require high maintenance, and the mentioned fuel injection system can and probably will be a pain in the ass at 36 plus years old. I remember having issues with the ignition switch, window switches, headlight motors, brake warning system, and headlight switch. The older the fuel car got the more the injection system would act up, lots of old rubber parts and old switches and specific fuel pump relays to turn the pump off during deceleration. I had an 81 euro spec S and it was impressively fast when I got it in 2000 or so.

Good luck, hopefully it works well.

I'm replacing all the fuel rubber as we speak, gotta avoid those famous 928 fires. Luckily I bought the car off an avionics tech, he had already fixed a lot of the issues you just mentioned. But I'm expecting to be chasing wires at some point anyways