Looking to have a remote starter installed

Turbs3000

Looking for recommendations on people or places to install a remote starter on my mom's 2005 Honda crv, the car is in dublin so west side if possible. Best buy had a deal for $270 installed but the next opening is 45 days out... Lucore doesn't do them. Called Pick ups plus in Hilliard but they quoted $470 installed (woof) and don't install themselves, they send you to Lewis center for that. My next call will be to Columbus car audio. I should probably give installing one myself a try but don't want to mess anything up.

So anyone know of any other reasonable options or people/places I'm missing?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

do not go to best buy. i got what i thought was a good deal through them to have one installed on my wifes car a couple years ago. set up my appointment, dropped the car off mid afternoon and recieved a call to pick the car up a couple hours later. go to pick it up, guy tells me right off of the bat that they couldnt get the trunk release button to work, so they just gave up on that. it wasnt a huge issue, so i just let it go and proceeded to head home. walk out to get in the car and realize none of my dash lights work. tried every switch, but nothing. i walked back in and told the guy about it and he tells me he is finishing up with an install, then he will look at it.

ended up going out to dinner and walking around walmart for another hour until they finally call me. headed back over just to have the guy tell me that all he did was search online forums to see why the lights werent working, hands me this 10 page print out about how the dash lights are notorious for going on my car (2000 bonneville), and tells me that if i want to go buy all new bulbs, maybe we could work something out to where they would install them.

i ended up telling the guy no, it was in your posession when they went out, it needs fixed or my lawer will be involved. got a call a half hour later saying it was fixed, they dont dont know what happend but appearantly they just ended up beating on my dash until all of the lights came back on.

do not go to best buy. i got what i thought was a good deal through them to have one installed on my wifes car a couple years ago. set up my appointment, dropped the car off mid afternoon and recieved a call to pick the car up a couple hours later. go to pick it up, guy tells me right off of the bat that they couldnt get the trunk release button to work, so they just gave up on that. it wasnt a huge issue, so i just let it go and proceeded to head home. walk out to get in the car and realize none of my dash lights work. tried every switch, but nothing. i walked back in and told the guy about it and he tells me he is finishing up with an install, then he will look at it.

ended up going out to dinner and walking around walmart for another hour until they finally call me. headed back over just to have the guy tell me that all he did was search online forums to see why the lights werent working, hands me this 10 page print out about how the dash lights are notorious for going on my car (2000 bonneville), and tells me that if i want to go buy all new bulbs, maybe we could work something out to where they would install them.

i ended up telling the guy no, it was in your posession when they went out, it needs fixed or my lawer will be involved. got a call a half hour later saying it was fixed, they dont dont know what happend but appearantly they just ended up beating on my dash until all of the lights came back on.

So now you have a car full of shitty splices under the dash. I wish I kept track of how much of this shit I’ve had to fix over the years. I’ve had to remove and repair wiring for things like this quite often, and like most techs all I’m willing to do is attempt to restore it to stock, you get this pile of aftermarket shit back in a box.

On even newer cars aftermarket electronics will fuck up so much shit you never even thought of. Just about everything in a modern car is controlled by a data buss, so in order for aftermarket shit to work it has to try and talk on said buss. I’ve had these cars go into limp mode just for having an insurance tracker plugged into the OBD2 port (that’s a whole other rant/scam).