Added an oldie but a goodie to the stable

TTQ B4U

So as seen in another thread, several of us here have kids with their their temps and are in the hunt for a good first vehicle for them. In one of those threads mention of this gem popped up and while I wasn't in the market for a Jeep, this one proved too good to be true. Add in the price was outstanding so I jumped on it. These things are selling for crazy prices with 135-200k on the ODO. This one has a mere 85k on her. Super low miles for the last year of the Jeep XJ, 2001.

Say hello to "Old Blue" as his former owner affectionately referred to him as. Great lady and one who truly took amazing care of her vehicle. This beauty will undergo a great detail but honestly, inside, the car is like brand new. If NEW is a 10 this one is a 7.5 to 8 as-is. Her main passenger was her elderly mom and she kept is as long as she did because her wheel chair fit in the back much easier than in the RDX she had eyed up and eventually bought. Even the underside is like new. She admitted to taking it in snow but not very often. She works from home and just plain didn't venture out much and when she did she drove her previous Acura, an AWD TL.

Overall plans are to keep her nearly stock. No real "Jeep" oriented mods. First updates will be:

• Full in/out detail and ceramic coating of course!
  • Tires. These measure at 6/32nds and it needs some quality rubber before I put my son in it.
  • Tint. Easy enough to do and remove if needed. Looking at 35% on the rears and 50% on the sides. I know some will disagree but I want him to be able to see out of the back at night.
  • Stereo. I'll keep the stock one but a decent set of speakers and a blue tooth head unit with android auto, etc. will be on the list for sure. He's going to want to have some tunes and like it or not, I don't want him holding a phone and we all know at some point they are out of our control...
  • Mechanically she's very sound and has had all the major stuff done. I'm going to check out the steering box and see if an adjustment will shore it up and go from there.
  • Lastly, I need to get a spare key fob. It's old enough that I'm sure a generic one may work but I have to read up on what's needed here and perhaps how they are programed.

Stay tuned for more later but in the mean time many thanks to Sean aka Crossle from North End Wrench!! :thumbup:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/168757863/original.jpg

Jealous, but excited to see it under your ownership. I think some outlined white letters would look good on it!
That's been recommended more than a few times already. [emoji106]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Nice pickup. curious on what you paid for it. Also the steering slop, there is no real adjustment for it. Thats a Jeep thing. As iwashmycar was saying find some rubicon take offs from a TJ the wheels are called Moabs.If you do consider a lift I would look at Rustys offroad they have a complete setup shipped for Just under a grand. That paired with a 30" tire will give it a better ride and a updated but still stock looking appearance.

Sure is a nice ride, perfect for a morning like today

Agree. I was bummed as I didn't have a chance to get the new tires on it and the ones on their now are so low that it wouldn't make for as fun a day. That's okay though, the Q50 plows through this shit with no problem so I had my fill of fun already.

That thing is awesome! I have always loved those. Great find!

Thanks. Looking forward to learning about the platform and getting this baby all ready for my son.

I just ordered up some new tires for it. Was originally going to go with some top-shelf Michelin's but after thinking about it and reading up on reviews and wieghing the options, I chose to go with a set of: YokohamaGeolandar A/T G015P and bumped up one size to 235 /70 R16 in Raised Outlined White Letters :cool: I think the aggressive pattern and lettering will look awesome and is a good look for a stock vehicle from this era. Some will hate but that's okay. They rate really well overall from all the reviews I've read and most importantly are a great on-off road tire that is not noisy and handles rain and snow extremely well.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/168767690/original.jpg