Finally getting a place to work on project cars

cstmg8

The time has finally come to sell the bank owned house we bought six years ago with the intention to gut and flip when our kids were ready for school (Current house is In Columbus city schools). My only stipulation was an existing, or room for, a shop. After a whirlwind of a month, we ended up going into contract before even listing our house and then getting a full price offer on ours in 18 hours. Crazy Columbus market.

The new house has a 3 car attached with 12 ft ceilings, so my detached shop won't need to be quite as big. Right now I'm looking at plans for a 28x46, or 28x32. I would appreciate suggestions on what I should incorporate into the building, as I want to do it right from the start.

So far my list is:

1.Attic trusses on 2/3 then scissor over one bay.

2.In floor geothermal heating from pond.

3. Flush mount scissor lift and 4 post storage

4. Wood or pellet burner

What else needs to be considered preconstruction?

We close on 2/20. Excited to finally have room for projects.

https://www.remax.com/realestatehomesforsale/12490-ault-road-pickerington-oh-43147-gid600025078116.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love my detached shop and i don’t really work on cars anymore. The heated floor will be awesome. I have a 40’x60’ shop with 20’ ceilings in the middle, kept at 55 degrees in the winter. I have a separate 200amp panel to the shop with plenty of outlets everywhere, including 220 outlets for my 4 post lift and probably 3 others I’ll never use. I have the shop plumbed for compressed air in multiple locations with a separate compressor room for storage and so I don’t have to hear the compressor. I have 3 ceiling fans for the summer heat. A good durable non-slip floor coating is a must trying to think if there’s anything else I would add. The shop has a single main garage door that is 10’ wide, 12’ high. And a single side garage door to the compressor room

Thanks guys. It definitely makes all of the work done on the current house feel worthwhile, knowing it makes this one possible.

I definitely want to do an air system eventually. I'd love to have a separate electrical service, but have to check with the power company one we take possession.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk