Hellcat Swapped Prowler

wagner

YAASSSSS. So much this thing. I love it!

The Prowler came out when I was Freshman/Sophomore in college. Keeping in mind that Boyd Coddington, Chip Foose, Troy Trepanier were battling each other for modern hot-rod bragging rights, it was stunning that Plymouth built the body and stuffed it with parts-bin stuff to make a RWD roadster.

Also, without Googling, I can't say I've ever seen a Prowler with non-factory wheels...will be cool to see what the rolling stock is for this thing. Very cool that it's going to SEMA.

I loved the Prowler then, and love this variation now. Great article.

EDIT: LOL @ this "winga-dinga" special :lol:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=498619752&zip=32789&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D32789%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Don%26endYear%3D2020%26modelCodeList%3DPROWLE%26makeCodeList%3DPLYM%26searchRadius%3D50&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2020&modelCodeList=PROWLE&makeCodeList=PLYM&searchRadius=50&makeCode1=PLYM&modelCode1=PROWLE&clickType=listing

Silver is super-boring. I dig the rear bumpers painted. Front bumpers, you can do whatever you want to yourself, but YOU'RE OUT. Be gone, heinous bumpers....

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=496935927&zip=32789&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D32789%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Don%26endYear%3D2020%26modelCodeList%3DPROWLE%26makeCodeList%3DPLYM%26searchRadius%3D50&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2020&modelCodeList=PROWLE&makeCodeList=PLYM&searchRadius=50&makeCode1=PLYM&modelCode1=PROWLE&clickType=listing

I know they had to heavily modify the nose, but it's still unbelievable they got it to fit. Can't wait to see it run and see how it can handle all that power. :lol:

Also, without Googling, I can't say I've ever seen a Prowler with non-factory wheels...will be cool to see what the rolling stock is for this thing. Very cool that it's going to SEMA.

The Prowler Purple Metallic paint job and original alloy wheels will also remain untouched, making it something of a sleeper (if that can be said about a car that looks like this regardless).

:)

Why does it have to be purple..ugh

Somebody I follow on IG is doing a Hellcat swap in a 64-65 chevy truck I think.. Can't remember who. Ill edit the post if I find it.

Boris Maryanovsky at Street Machinery in Euclid is building a Hellcat swapped old C10 for Power Tour right now and I think he’s done one before. Might be him you’re thinking of.

The Prowlers still turn heads, despite being terribly underpowered. I think they look great with the bumpers deleted. With the leaps in technology since they were built and the limited space in the engine bay, it’d be cool to see one with a turbo 4 or 6 cylinder swap.

Boris Maryanovsky at Street Machinery in Euclid is building a Hellcat swapped old C10 for Power Tour right now and I think he’s done one before. Might be him you’re thinking of.

Yep, that's the one I was thinking about. I love all the vehicles they post. I can't believe how many old cars/trucks they pickup to build/resell.