Toolbox thread

Geeesammy

Interested to see everyone else's setups both for work and even at home. I finally got a new box that I have been wanting since I got into wrenching professionally. The Snap-On Roll Cab Express (big fancy truck with "model" boxes on it for you non-wrenching folk) came by about 2 months ago and I custom ordered this box to replace my old Harbor Freight 56"ish box. It was so overloaded in the top drawer I actually had to pick it up to get it to close, but it has close to 310lbs worth of sockets in it. I needed some more space and I wanted a "forever" box with the ability to add on lockers or whatever. Not the biggest out there but suits me well, plus the purple and matte black were a kickass combo. I couldn't see even a rendering of it when I got it since the trim had not been put on the website yet.

I also just wanted a chance to show off my fancy new purchase lol. My only big complaint so far is that the matte black shows fingerprints SO BAD.

For those curious it's an Epiq 84" with a bedliner power top. 10 or 12 outlets on the stainless steel top, and the drawer with the sticker on it also has power to it for battery chargers, etc and "holsters" for electric or air tools. I have been slowly switching to all cordless tools so that really pushed me further into getting this box. I don't have a pic of that it but I'll grab one Monday.

Hoping next year when this is paid off and the roll cab truck is back around I can get 2 matching lockers for my big stuff since this box is pretty well loaded up now.

LvXQAx2.jpg

Also would love ideas on how some of you old heads (ahghfgCordell) organize your box for a little more space.

I’m glad I gave up my matte black Snapon box, I liked it but it wasn’t big enough and everything that touched it made it glossy. Everyone thought I was crazy to get white, but with a good sealant everything cleans right off and it looks great. My Snapon rep knew I was ready and what I wanted, made sure to snag it at a tool show so I could get it as cheap as possible.

Here's my box and cart.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1000&pictureid=9251

My cart has all my hand tools in it, so the box doesn't need anything special for organizing. Cart has magnetic wrench rails and the post style socket racks, otherwise nothing crazy. Cart was custom ordered with the deeper draws so sockets can be stood up in the top draw. Short little draws are worthless IMO.

Beautiful box Grant, love the purple and black combo.

Scott I'm not getting any pics in your post, I want to see the white one!

In the elevator trade, I move my boxes often, so no matter how careful, they can get pretty beat up. I currently use a 41" masterforce box from Menards with a 16" side locker of drawers that I'm happy with for a cheaper box. My favorite feature is the latching drawers. Nothing really special for pics, but I can grab some Monday.

I think I may upgrade to a sunex box after I get my shop built. They seem to be a pretty decent middle ground box. I've seen some pretty good setups with the newer HF boxes on garage journal as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

In the elevator trade, I move my boxes often, so no matter how careful, they can get pretty beat up. I currently use a 41" masterforce box from Menards with a 16" side locker of drawers that I'm happy with for a cheaper box. My favorite feature is the latching drawers. Nothing really special for pics, but I can grab some Monday.

I think I may upgrade to a sunex box after I get my shop built. They seem to be a pretty decent middle ground box. I've seen some pretty good setups with the newer HF boxes on garage journal as well.

I uploaded directly to CR in my albums so not sure why it’s not working for you.

Mine is a Snapon Masters Series, alot of them now have 3 extra wide draws where mine only has 2. Of course I traded in a box I only had roughly $4k in and paid $4k on this one, when Snapon “list” price is $15k for this one with the black bedliner top. Just shows you how much markup is in these things.

Thanks man

Scotts are working for me, guessing it is on your side.

I use sunex swivel impacts, never heard about their boxes. I would not hesitate to buy another HF box.

It's not mine yet but will be one day and thats close enough. Dad got this after retiring from MAC. Serial number 0 Tech Series box done in scarlet and grey, signed by Archie Griffin (dad went to OSU same years)

Messy pics because old pics I dug up, this aint no photoshoot.

http://i.imgur.com/feiTSrQl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UFVmkP7l.jpg

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1040&pictureid=9256

I have had the matco for a while but ran out of room. Purchased the Husky on sale and quickly filled it up. Looking to add a vise to it.

Here is my hodgepodge. The Mac box was my dad’s. He bought it in the early 80s for $425 and kept the receipt all these years. It’s definitely got character but it’s part of the family.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1041&pictureid=9257

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1041&pictureid=9258

Alright. Finally got a fancy schmancy pic with the new phone. Just gonna do a pano instead of a pic of everything. I will freely and happily admit that this pole-barn (this part is pretty well insulated and heated and stays around 68-72 degrees while we work) is dads as are about 85-90% of the things shown in this pic. I work with him almost every time he's down there but I won't pretend this is all mine. Not even close. Dad was a Ford mechanic then a diesel mechanic before I was born/for part of my childhood.

Resized-20190316-182856.jpg

The coolest things to me are the 4 GM cabinets he got last fall at a moving to FL to retire sale. The graphics are great. He paid $20 each.

You can see multiple toolboxes and cabinets. The red Snap On on the right with the gray chest on top is hiding my tool box and chest. Nothing special. Most of my tools are in my blacksmithing/knife making shop or my truck aside from what's in that box.

There is an air compressor at each end of this bay and 2 vehicles can be worked on simultaneously with room to move about and not fall over everything.

This is where we're (obv) working on the Fam '52. The '49 that's coming next is in the other part of the barn and my '49 GMC chassis is sitting under a tarp out back.

That's enough. I doubt anyone cares to know more. :lol: As I said, I'm no professional mechanic so my old ass tool box and tools won't really impress anyone. They get the job though and I don't need anything more to wrench on hepatitis laden old man fart trucks.

The rolling Kobalt box was bought for $100 when I worked at Lowes. I got the gray floor cabinet for free when I worked at Grainger. I bought the red box from a pawn shop for $30.

http://i.imgur.com/xTLJExXh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sCpFMlWh.jpg

I'm no mechanic, and my garage is tiny, so that's all I really have. At least I have them stickered up nice and proper :lol:

My small work area. The Napa toolbox I bought when I worked at the parts store when I was 16. I remember it was $1680 at the time. I felt like I made payments on that thing FOREVER!. haha. It's served me well. I wish it had larger drawers but owell.

zH8ynPNh.jpg

Since photobucket said fuckit, I do vids now. House will be for sale Spring of 2023. 4 bedrooms, three bath, master and in-law suites, 15k back up generator, 3 acres with 1 acre stocked pond, and rifle and pistol range. 20 minutes from Columbus.

Edited by Mojoe

I meant to snag a pic of this, but a buddy was looking at ordering an Epiq as well and this vid reminded me. Pretty slick setup, maybe it will give some at home guys ideas on something to do with air/cordless stuff