Lost Title?

zeitgeist57

The guy I gave my LeBaron to last year has lost the title. Admittedly, he took the car and title and never signed it over to his name, and in his defense he hasn't taken it out until just recently when the weather broke. For as far as the BMV is concerned, I lost the title. :lol:

Has anyone gone through this process? Looks like I just need to show up with valid ID at one of the title agency offices....

I believe, but don't hold me to this - call the agency and ask, that some title agencies have a notary there who can notarize titles for a fee. So if your buddy comes with you - you might be able to get a replacement title and then transfer it on the spot to him in one transaction.

I believe, but don't hold me to this - call the agency and ask, that some title agencies have a notary there who can notarize titles for a fee. So if your buddy comes with you - you might be able to get a replacement title and then transfer it on the spot to him in one transaction.

Yup. Good point, Kerry. They have a notary at the title dept.

THEN make him buy you dinner and drinks. :lol: