Fix Broken Seat?

Wease

So the passenger seat in my '86 Mustang GT has been broken for a while. I've never really been able to find anyone that can fix it. It's actually completely out of the car, and has been for a couple of years, because it doesn't stay up anymore. :(

It's basically this: http://mustang.zeroentity.com/howto_artcls/howto_glean.html

Which is the classic Fox Body Mustang leaning / broken seat issue.

Something in it needs welded, I believe. The entire seat goes all the way back, nothing is stopping it anymore. Does anyone know anyone that can fix this? :confused:

You sure it's just the broken seat back? If it won't stay back all the way from the hinge, it's more than just the back being broken/needing welded, the latching mechanism is broke too. My drivers seat has a mild case of this. Been on my mind to take it apart and see if I can fix it, I hear it's not hard.

For your part, if you don't want to fix it yourself, call a few upholstery shops. Cold calling a few of the ones here in Pittsburgh that say they do classic car stuff, they all knew exactly what my problem was which is a good sign.