Whisky

Robochan

cstmg8, I'm really curious to hear about the Papas Pillar since you will have both a Bourbon Barrel and Sherry Barrel cask version. Have you had the regular before?
I have not. I really enjoyed the bourbon barrel though. I need to do a little research on how often they release, as my bottle is a 2018 and I'd like to get another if they aren't going to release continuously.

I'll let you know on the sherry. I am by no means a connoisseur but I do like rums and have become a fan of the rum barrel bourbons as well. It gave me a good place to start into the bourbon world, which I'm still struggling with, lol.

Off the shelf, I'm a Capt Morgan's private stock drinker and not a fan of Bacardi, if that gives you any insight on my tastes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[emoji38]guy:

You want me to get you BTBC for real? I can no worries. It's only ~$20.

I'll let you know. There were a couple other simple things I was looking at ordering, so I might throw it on there.

I have not. I really enjoyed the bourbon barrel though. I need to do a little research on how often they release, as my bottle is a 2018 and I'd like to get another if they aren't going to release continuously.

I'll let you know on the sherry. I am by no means a connoisseur but I do like rums and have become a fan of the rum barrel bourbons as well. It gave me a good place to start into the bourbon world, which I'm still struggling with, lol.

Off the shelf, I'm a Capt Morgan's private stock drinker and not a fan of Bacardi, if that gives you any insight on my tastes.

Have you had the Mount Gay Black Barrel? It's fantastic.

Have you had the Mount Gay Black Barrel? It's fantastic.
I haven't been able to find a bottle. I've been keeping an eye out since I heard you mention it on the podcast.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my previous order (stupid $30 eagle rare was back ordered). Nothing exciting, though the Don is super smooth and I have actually never tried regular Buffalo Trace [emoji44]07637879d788778be4cbba59ec7330cb.jpg

...I could have gotten all of that for you. [emoji38] Well, unsure of the Leopold, but most importantly, how have you never had BT? I have a handle of that. :)
Hahaha, it's just easy to have it delivered right to the door.

Not sure, when I started dipping into bourbon I always went for the more "unique" stuff. It seemed like it was always sold out, when I decided to keep some around for company.

I have a handle of Weller SR (green label) and see it regularly while travelling around. I can get some and let y'all know. I'll be WFH for a bit right now but when I do I'll post here. No mark up. If I get it I'll just ask what I paid.

If anyone finds any cheap green label Weller could they hit a fella up? My Kroger/Giant Eagle hasn't had any in a couple months.
Not sure which part of town you're in but it looks like there's some around town. None in Pickerington though.4cff58ea871bd5e4cfb82e95815795cc.jpg

I'm not going to look through the posts, to see if anyone has said anything about this site but take a look:

caskcartel.com

They have a bunch of stuff

They have a bunch for sure, their pricing is beyond awful though.

Thats sweet. Have you found that App to be accurate?
It's actually the Ohio liquor agency website. The stores are required to report sales. It's pretty accurate.

The main thing I use it for is to know which stores to call. Saves me from calling 20 stores looking for a product.

I have a handle of Weller SR (green label) and see it regularly while travelling around. I can get some and let y'all know. I'll be WFH for a bit right now but when I do I'll post here. No mark up. If I get it I'll just ask what I paid.

Awesome, thanks man

It's actually the Ohio liquor agency website. The stores are required to report sales. It's pretty accurate.

The main thing I use it for is to know which stores to call. Saves me from calling 20 stores looking for a product.

There's one right near my work. Might run up at lunch and test it out.

The OHLQ site is awesome and I’ve found it to be pretty up to date. The state owns liquor inventory not the stores so this is a look at the agencies inventory system. I’m just not sure how often it updates.

Weller sr is a great example of why you should be careful buying online. It's $80-120 online, but is in stock in state at $29-49.

If it's not $22.99 for a 750 of WSR it's not legal in Ohio. Tell that store to shove off and get their prices right.

Im 0-2 so far.

Stopped at the wine and spirits shop in New Albany on the way home. Nothing there. The guy grumbled something about them not putting it out on delivery day and it wouldn't be on the shelf until the weekend?

Im 0-2 so far.

Stopped at the wine and spirits shop in New Albany on the way home. Nothing there. The guy grumbled something about them not putting it out on delivery day and it wouldn't be on the shelf until the weekend?

That's a bummer, I've had decent luck with it. I do usually call though, which can be it's own frustration at the big box stores.

Im 0-2 so far.

Someone in a Facebook group showed Graceland Kroger has a bunch right now.