Whisky

Robochan

So when I was in NC for my mother in laws funeral I bought a 1.75 ml bottle as most of them never tried it...so my wife has to go down a few weeks ago to to do some title work on her deceased mom's car..my uncle sends back a bottle of seagrams vi gold ans tell my wife to have me try it..a cheap whiskey..so i drink it and it's really pretty good

So has anyone here tried any??

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone in a Facebook group showed Graceland Kroger has a bunch right now.

crap. missed your post until now. I'm 0-3 now. My local giant eagle showed some today so I stopped on my way through and there was none to be found.. grrr.

crap. missed your post until now. I'm 0-3 now. My local giant eagle showed some today so I stopped on my way through and there was none to be found.. grrr.

Just saw a picture of two cases at Schrock Road Giant Eagle.

Well... That was fail.

Kroger near me showed handles and fifths of Weller SR so I ran up and the shelves were empty. Guess Ill call around. Shucks.

I have found that their site locator is not that great. Multiple times where they say the store has the product and empty shelves when I show up.

For the Wellers Green label, it's at Kroger on on Schrock in Westerville and I just picked up a bottle there about 45 mins ago. Guy said they had 7 cases they put out yesterday about 2 PM and down to 3 cases now so it will likely be gone by end of today. At the front register in the liquor store.

Would have bought another and passed it to somebody on here but they would only let me get one.

For the Wellers Green label, it's at Kroger on on Schrock in Westerville and I just picked up a bottle there about 45 mins ago. Guy said they had 7 cases they put out yesterday about 2 PM and down to 3 cases now so it will likely be gone by end of today. At the front register in the liquor store.

Would have bought another and passed it to somebody on here but they would only let me get one.

Thanks. Funny you guys mention that. My wife works at St Anns and said a couple of her DR's stop on Tuesday on their way in and they typically have a good supply. I'll try and get her to stop for me tonight.

There's better bourbons for $30 and under that aren't "one per person".

Such as what? Not saying Wellers green is the end all or best but bang for buck, it's damn good. I have far better bottles but for under $30 bottle crowd that I can pick up locally, I find it hard to beat but totally open to suggestions.

If your preference is a wheated bourbon I haven't found one I enjoy more. Im open for ideas though.

If you like super smooth wheated, Larceny is pretty damn tasty. Ultra smooth but not a big finish I think. About $35 a bottle and usually can get it anywhere. It's a bottle in my regular rotation of stuff for at home as I prefer wheated but learning to enjoy some rye's more in the past year.

If your preference is a wheated bourbon I haven't found one I enjoy more. Im open for ideas though.

I just don't get the whole limited buying stores give it. I haven't dabbled much on the wheated side, but I enjoyed Larceny when I tried it.

Such as what? Not saying Wellers green is the end all or best but bang for buck, it's damn good. I have far better bottles but for under $30 bottle crowd that I can pick up locally, I find it hard to beat but totally open to suggestions.

These aren't wheated. I'm going off price point. The two I recommend to everyone is Elijah Craig and 1792, both small batches, are right at $30 and very enjoyable. If you want something even cheaper, I'd recommend Evan Williams BiB.

If you like super smooth wheated, Larceny is pretty damn tasty. Ultra smooth but not a big finish I think. About $35 a bottle and usually can get it anywhere. It's a bottle in my regular rotation of stuff for at home as I prefer wheated but learning to enjoy some rye's more in the past year.

I read that but I just dont care for it. Ive tried it several times and am always just mehh.

Try Bernheim Original. It's recently become one of my fav's and is $29.99.

These aren't wheated. I'm going off price point. The two I recommend to everyone is Elijah Craig and 1792, both small batches, are right at $30 and very enjoyable. If you want something even cheaper, I'd recommend Evan Williams BiB.

Elijah Craig is pretty good and only $29.99. 1792 is good and just a buck more. Evan Williams BiB is also really good and lands in the same price range as you said. All great picks IMO.

For me WSR isn't all that special, but for $23 it's hard to beat and I grab it when I see it because the hoards flock to it like anything else from BT distillery. You're right that there are great alternatives available and I'm not going out of my way for it but I enjoy it personally.

We've reviewed things that were straight swill below bottom shelf level garbage and some that are $100-120. There's good and bad around all price ranges I think.

So I had some time today and made a trip to my honey hole. They don't always have the Blanton's, ER's, BT's, and what not but they're usually pretty well stocked on a lot of others I like. I grabbed a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 and these.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1009&pictureid=9551

Two are already spoken for but one is available. I can either sell it or keep it. I already have a 1.75 that's still about half full though and I can get these almost any time fairly easily.

This was their shelf when I got there. They get shipments on Thursday so this was the last day of their "supply week" and here's what they had.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1009&pictureid=9552

I can always grab more anytime anyone wants any. Not looking to make money. Just pay cost + tax and I'll grab it. No limit on them either. I could have grabbed all 9 if I wanted.

So I had some time today and made a trip to my honey hole. They don't always have the Blanton's, ER's, BT's, and what not but they're usually pretty well stocked on a lot of others I like. I grabbed a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 and these.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1009&pictureid=9551

Two are already spoken for but one is available. I can either sell it or keep it. I already have a 1.75 that's still about half full though and I can get these almost any time fairly easily.

This was their shelf when I got there. They get shipments on Thursday so this was the last day of their "supply week" and here's what they had.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1009&pictureid=9552

I can always grab more anytime anyone wants any. Not looking to make money. Just pay cost + tax and I'll grab it. No limit on them either. I could have grabbed all 9 if I wanted.

No pics showing up

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No pics showing up

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Odd. They're hosted in one of my albums here on CR and are working fine for me.

It's 3 bottles of Weller Special Reserve at my place in the first pic and a 9 on the shelf at the store in the second.

Thanks for offering to the group. My wife snagged one last night at shrock Kroger. I might have her make a regular stop on Tuesday and see if that can get my inventory back up.

Try Bernheim Original. It's recently become one of my fav's and is $29.99.

I've seen this popping up a lot lately. I'll have to give it a shot sometime.

I did like Elijah Craig a good bit last time I got a bottle of that. I will have to try 1792 next... thanks for the suggestions

No problem. I was over my friend's house last night and he bought a bottle of the 1792 on my suggestion. He's not into this stuff at all and he was really enjoying it.

I've also tried so much stuff over the past year or so that I've got a list my favorites for different price points. :lol:

My neighbor turned me on to benchmark..very tasty and inexpensive

If you like Benchmark (which I consider a mixer but a solid one) try to find Ancient Ancient Age. Not just Ancient Age though (also a cheap mixer).

AAA is just a few bucks more but coming from the BT distillery and having the same mash bill as Blanton's I think it's possibly the best bang for the buck you can get (because it is so cheap, not because it's better than anything else). Love me some AAA and I can drink it neat, with water/ice, or mix it and not feel bad.

If you like Benchmark (which I consider a mixer but a solid one) try to find Ancient Ancient Age. Not just Ancient Age though (also a cheap mixer).

AAA is just a few bucks more but coming from the BT distillery and having the same mash bill as Blanton's I think it's possibly the best bang for the buck you can get (because it is so cheap, not because it's better than anything else). Love me some AAA and I can drink it neat, with water/ice, or mix it and not feel bad.

Well thank you sir I will give it a try