Whisky

Robochan

Have not seen any mention of it in the thread but has anyone tried Horse Soldier? It's made here in Columbus but not sold in Ohio (WTF sense does that make?) I picked some up in Kentucky off of a recommendation from a few of my buddies. Pretty good stuff.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1063&pictureid=9557

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1063&pictureid=9559

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not seen any mention of it in the thread but has anyone tried Horse Soldier? It's made here in Columbus but not sold in Ohio (WTF sense does that make?) I picked some up in Kentucky off of a recommendation from a few of my buddies. Pretty good stuff.

/

This whole “hobby” makes no sense.

Few things:

Bernheim Original is straight wheat Whiskey. It’s not a “wheated bourbon”.

Ancient age is the best/cheapest bourbon in existence. That, or JTS Brown BIB

In the 20-30 range. WSR, Elijah Craig, rebel yell 100, 1792, old Bardstown, and old forester rye 100 are all great prospects.

The best 30 dollar bottle used to be Henry McKenna 10yr. It’s not 50 and still worth it. Also, the lux row ezra brooks 7 year BP (117pf) is the best bourbon under 50 bucks.

But.... in summary... you may have noticed.... or not.... a lot of what I touted came from Heaven Hill!!!

JTS brown

Elijah Craig

Ezra brooks 7 BP

Henry McKenna 10

Rebel Yell 100

All HH juice ^^^

Oh, so is bernheim^^^^

Few things:

Bernheim Original is straight wheat Whiskey. It’s not a “wheated bourbon”.

Nobody claimed it was.

Ancient age is the best/cheapest bourbon in existence. That, or JTS Brown BIB

Haven't had JTS but AAA is far better than AA IMO and for the price it's hard to beat. I agree with ya there.

In the 20-30 range. WSR, Elijah Craig, rebel yell 100, 1792, old Bardstown, and old forester rye 100 are all great prospects.

100% agree on all except Old Bardstown since I've never had it. Can't say either way. Of those listed I think Rebel Yell is the weakest. It falls flat IMO.

All HH juice ^^^

Oh, so is bernheim^^^^

Yup. HH makes some fine whiskeys. It's the reason I even snagged the Bernheim. I'd never heard of it, saw it was from HH, and thought, "can't be too bad." Now I love it.

...I may go grab another bottle today.

The best 30 dollar bottle used to be Henry McKenna 10yr. It’s not 50 and still worth it. Also, the lux row ezra brooks 7 year BP (117pf) is the best bourbon under 50 bucks.

This is all I've been sipping lately. It's still very good, even if it's more expensive.

I don't know who needs to hear this... but someone referenced it in regard to soemone's comment about wheated bourbon. :)

106356672_10109786109560024_3319907674006180839_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=89eCrpbnVGEAX9hyT2A&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=f450b45f827c71c634e46ff588c2693c&oe=5F1C8A0C

I don't know who needs to hear this...but someone mentioned liking wheated bourbons and I recommended Bernheim. I did not say/claim it was a "wheated bourbon". I recommended a wheat whiskey to someone who said they liked "wheated bourbons". ;) ;)

I don't know who needs to hear this...but someone mentioned liking wheated bourbons and I recommended Bernheim. I did not say/claim it was a "wheated bourbon". I recommended a wheat whiskey to someone who said they liked "wheated bourbons". ;) ;)

Do you like Bernheim? New Bernheim? Or New New Bernheim?

• 4 months later...

Nothing exciting today, but I was able to stock up on all of the stuff everyone likes to drink when they come over.

Has anyone had any good seasonals or some different releases lately?7e486f4a8be8910b88f9b31fe4a6e389.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Trade ya a bottle of sampled Balvenie for the Blanton's, OWA, SR, ER, and BT.

Where'd ya get that haul? I need to replenish.

Bexley liquor let me buy two bottles of each Weller. kroger on high St I just got lucky and was having a nice conversation with the attendant when she whispered to me that a truck just pulled in with 6 bottles of Blantons. I waited 15 min.

Nice. That's a good haul.

I haven't had the Saz but I've heard mixed reviews with more "meh" from the folks I tend to align with. Others seem to love it and hunt it so it may be really good.

I would snag a bottle if I could find some just to try it.

It's available fairly cheap online just have to watch some sites shipping cost.

I'm looking for a bottle or two of Weller 12 now.

I got some of that Cap'n private stock a few days ago as well. Tasty stuff.
It's been my go to since college 20 some yrs ago. You're in florida, so if you like that, look for some papas pilar rum. I really like the bourbon barrel aged variety, and it's made in key west so I'd think you could find it around you.