Whisky

Robochan

Curiosity killed my cat on vacay as well. I'm always looking for weird stuff to review on the podcast. No, I don't expect any of these to be amazing, but we'll see. I have sampled a couple of them before buying. These are all more about doing reviews.

130308293-222165789495569-7848417569600456383-n.jpg

130093702-1264799953884950-8523955899368810526-n.jpg

129843820-297041278344920-3598056233487508308-n.jpg

129348952-1136277143497878-7971581140063644406-n.jpg

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a Jack fan. At all. Use to drink Jack and Coke when I was younger because a LOT of folks down here did but switched to Captain and Coke real fast. That being said the SiB is surprisingly good. I agree with you on that.

I think a lot of people, myself included, overlook the specialty stuff done by Jack because of their standard line and history. Their single Barrell stuff seems to be getting noticed now though and that Barrell strength is great for the money.

I think a lot of people, myself included, overlook the specialty stuff done by Jack because of their standard line and history. Their single Barrell stuff seems to be getting noticed now though and that Barrell strength is great for the money.

Agreed and agreed.

I have a few close to me that love Gentleman Jack and Jack Honey. Not my go to but not the worst I've had. The SiB and barrel strength isn't bad though. Personally there are others in the price range I like better but I also respect those and would sip them any time.

My son was helping his girl friends family move and found a bottle of CC from 1980. So I thought I post pics of the bottle

https://mystuff.bublup.com/ui/landing_page?item_id=001-i-d2d6fd11-fa92-4ca7-bcac-a34fae2ebf3a

https://mystuff.bublup.com/ui/landing_page?item_id=001-i-38727f10-4e25-464d-849c-8484bfe031d0

My son wants to know if this bottle, because of it's age, is worth anything

Edited by Mace

How does he know that it's from the 1980?

Searching I found them all over Ohio (using OHLQ) for $12.99 at that price. The plastic screw top told me it was likely a bottom shelfer and not highly sought. It's also a blended whiskey.

I found some for sale for ~$20. I also found some a little older priced at ~$200 but they all appear to be overseas (so ~"$"200 really. I didn't take time to covert each).

Asked some bourbon buddies of mine to see if they might have more insight.

Thanks...he said if it isn't worth anything he would drink it.

He said he looked it up and the source said it was safe to drink if the bottle wan't opened.

How does he know it from 1980..well I've text him to ask him but of course no text back yet.

I'll update later

Edited by Mace

Have you tried angels envy rye..great tasting..even my neighbor's wife who isn't a bourbon drinker enjoyed it
The rum cask finish is by far my favorite bourbon/rye. I keep several bottles because they only release it twice a year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The rum cask finishing makes it so smooth and sweet.

That article is from 2015. According to the Angel's Envy Guardian (AE Rep for Ohio) we had on the podcast back in Oct it's more readily avail now. They've upped it a lot over the last couple years or so I guess. I have prob bought 4-5 bottles this year. Bought 2 on the way back home from TN and there were still 6 or 7 more on the shelf.

Bourbon hunters in OH swipe them up quickly. That's the main issue.

Why are your Rye and Cask Strength so hard to find? When are they released?

Due to production constraints, we typically only release Angel’s Envy Rye Whiskey finished in Caribbean Rum Casks in limited markets, twice per year in the fall and spring. As we increase our production, we hope to increase its availability. Due to our rigorous selection process our Cask Strength is even more limited in nature and we’re only able to release it in very select markets, once per year in the fall—usually October. We will never sacrifice quality for quantity.

So maybe it's still just twice a year but they have in fact increased production.

Our biggest issue in Ohio is OHLQ will stash them and release them sporadically then folks go ape shit like they do for Blanton's and grab them as quickly as possible.

I can keep an eye out for you if you want.

EDIT: Man, you too, Mace. Didn't know folks here actively hunted it. I could've bought every bottle on the KY/TN line.

$94.99. The ONE good thing about Ohio is they don't allow price gouging. They control the pricing. They ALSO hinder what we can get locally. Tits for tats I suppose.

The spot I got on the KY/TN line I paid that for AE Rye. They had, like, 12 bottles of Eagle Rare...for $79.99. :lolguy: Hard pass on that $32 bottle that I love.

If you ever want to check prices just go to ohlq.com and search.