Whisky

Robochan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife got me a bunch of different tasting sets by drinks by the dram who also did the whiskey advent calendar she got me this year. Great way to try different whiskeys without having to outlay for bigger bottles. Lots of different ones I’m looking forward to trying.

I actually saw some info online about guys using pipe tobacco to smoke some bourbon. Sounds interesting

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm sure you CAN but as someone who regularly enjoys a pipe and occasionally a good cigar often while sipping on whiskey/bourbon they do not taste the same as a smoked mixed drink IMO...but that's just me. YMMV.

I tried redbreast 27 this past weekend. It was phenomenal.

I'd love to try it but lol @ $500.

I know, I know. My palette isn't sophisticated.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled out another silly 2019 Christmas gift from the wife, and a bottle I've had since the same era.

Not my favorite, but it's not terrible odd buttery start and the rum smooths out the flavor, but I wish it were a little higher proof or at least showcased a little more bite/bourbon forward. Definitely drinkable.0456bb64c4152e5aba7e602f33d5d0f7.jpg1a1647df3c766891f0087e0390ec7f2c.jpg

This may be a step toward things being easier to get in ohio down the road. It'll probably be a while before your "shopper" will be able to grab a bottle of buffalo trace off the shelf, but a step in the right direction.

Did anyone see the article on the 40/20 year old Buffalo Trace??

Apparently, in 1980 some BF was placed in barrels but in '92 (I think) sazenac(spelling) bout them.

Anyway in y2k the barrels were found and to stop the ageing were placed in stainless steel vats.

It is now 20 more years(total of 40) and they are being poured. There are only 240 bottles and the initial price is $4600.

Can you imagine the secondary market price????? YIKES

It'll still be from single source Ohio Liquor Control Board meaning if you are looking for something specific they are unlikely to have it, especially for anyone like me that likes rum. We'll still have to order from online out of state for anything 'special'. A step in the right direction overall though.

It'll still be from single source Ohio Liquor Control Board meaning if you are looking for something specific they are unlikely to have it, especially for anyone like me that likes rum. We'll still have to order from online out of state for anything 'special'. A step in the right direction overall though.
Have you tried papas pilar rum? The bourbon barrel aged is excellent.

Have you tried papas pilar rum? The bourbon barrel aged is excellent.

I originally got some down in Key West, the normal stuff which I'm still working through. I haven't had any of the barrel aged yet. I need to pick some up next time I see it in a store.

I originally got some down in Key West, the normal stuff which I'm still working through. I haven't had any of the barrel aged yet. I need to pick some up next time I see it in a store.
Unfortunately it's not sold in Ohio yet, so you have to order.

The Class Six has had a supply of Angel's Envy lately at $48 a bottle. I don't think that's a great price but I don't know how hard it is to find, so if anyone's interested I can grab some tomorrow.

That's normal retail for the port wine finished AE. It's pretty readily avail. The rye finished in bourbon barrels is $100 and harder to get.