2020 Toyota Supra track tested

l36tols1

. Assuming a 200# driver, that is 3572 race weight. With 335 Flywheel HP, no way it runs 12's. The best calculator is 13.43@106. Far cry from 12.3.....

Keep in mind even stock S4's and even my car when stock run 13 or better and weigh in at 4000lbs. Don't put much in calculators like that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

M2 / M2 competition didn't already fill that void?

So I thought long and hard about that actually. the M2 Competition is still a 2+2 car weighing 3600lbs where as the cayman is a 2800-2900lb 2 seat sports car. I think the M2 kinda ends up doing the same work by accident but in a very different way.

While I do think there are some people who would cross shop the two cars, I feel like that back seat would disqualify the cayman for a lot more people as a DD and the M2 for a lot of others looking for a real sports car. I know you were looking at cars earlier this year and probably cross shopped both and bought an M2, but I feel like you are the exception rather than the rule. I know that if I were in the market for a $50K car with a stick I would be cross shopping new M2s with used 911s because I have a kid and a need for a back seat (and I probably would also be looking at camaros and mustangs).

The F-type and Supra are a little porky when compared to the cayman too at 3300lbs, but at the very least they are true 2 seaters which gets them closer to being competitors.

they are all in the same price bracket, but the price bracket isn't the deciding factor alone, otherwise we would be talking about corvettes and lexus cars and other big heavy GT cars. Which bring up the question: Are the new GR Supra and the Corvette competitors?

So I thought long and hard about that actually. the M2 Competition is still a 2+2 car weighing 3600lbs where as the cayman is a 2800-2900lb 2 seat sports car. I think the M2 kinda ends up doing the same work by accident but in a very different way.

While I do think there are some people who would cross shop the two cars, I feel like that back seat would disqualify the cayman for a lot more people as a DD and the M2 for a lot of others looking for a real sports car. I know you were looking at cars earlier this year and probably cross shopped both and bought an M2, but I feel like you are the exception rather than the rule. I know that if I were in the market for a $50K car with a stick I would be cross shopping new M2s with used 911s because I have a kid and a need for a back seat (and I probably would also be looking at camaros and mustangs).

The F-type and Supra are a little porky when compared to the cayman too at 3300lbs, but at the very least they are true 2 seaters which gets them closer to being competitors.

they are all in the same price bracket, but the price bracket isn't the deciding factor alone, otherwise we would be talking about corvettes and lexus cars and other big heavy GT cars. Which bring up the question: Are the new GR Supra and the Corvette competitors?

Fair analysis.

I can't stand convertible cars so when i looked for small, 2 door sports coupes the M2 was the only consideration for us in the BMW range.

We did cross shop Caymans and i would have much preferred a Cayman GTS or GT4 but she really liked the BMW and I really liked the tuning potential of them putting the S55 engine into the M2 now so that solidified the choice.

Real world M2 competitions are coming in closer to 3500lbs but it's still pretty portly compared to what it should be in my mind.

Keep in mind even stock S4's and even my car when stock run 13 or better and weigh in at 4000lbs. Don't put much in calculators like that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Im just saying. a 12.3 with those stats? Not buying it.