Gives me hope if I ever sell my 69 coupe....

Ackbar00

Well people can ask what ever meth fueled fever dream that strikes them, what the car actually sells for is a different story.

Based upon what I see in the pics, and what I see in the market for this car It's a high price but not so high as to accuse the seller of taking lots of drugs. The factors that play an important part are the stroker 427 (which I am guessing is a crate since it's "jegs built"), the TKO 5-speed, the ford 9" (although not mentioned in the description which may be a negative) with signs of a recent rebuild, disc front brakes, and the repaint which if it wasn't a "frame off" was certainly a down to the rolling shell job.

The things that maybe keep it from getting that crazy ask? no A/C, carb'ed, no "Aftermarket disc brakes" and no rear disc brakes, the non-standard color (although it is still pretty), the rear tires not being a 300 series rear or something massively meaty, the boring interior (it's not even a pony interior), and the fact that at $27K it's close enough in price to a halfway decent 1969 fastback.

The car should be trading for around $18K, but I have no problem believing that the owner spent $30K and the shop selling is trying to find the one guy who "has to have it" and is willing to pay a premium. Who knows, they may get lucky.

Old cars are a racket. Unless you can do the work on your own you will very rarely get the same money you put into back out when selling.

Unless its the right combination of original options.

I will never ever do another restoration. It would have been so much cheaper to buy a finished car than to redo one from the ground up.

But price is all about what someone is willing to pay. So the right person might come along and give the guy the money he is wanting. Doubtful, but maybe.