Beautiful SL500 gets made gorgeous

TTQ B4U

So a neighbor and friend, JD Picked up this 59k mile 2000 SL500 and asked that I give it a good once-over both inside and out. It has had it's share of rub-downs so the paint is thin and some areas have been re-sprayed. The interior was pretty good overall but dirty and dingy for sure.

The approach was to keep the entire package in a reasonable range cost wise so we went with my Premium Enhancement Polishtopped with GYEON's CanCoat Ceramic Coating. The goal was to reduce the swirls a good bit but not chase perfection because it would compromise the clear too much. Interior wise we went with my Premium Interior Package as the carpet and fabric needed steam cleaned and the seats were embedded with dirt. Interior was most important and the leather was key since it was also very dry. Here the perfect solution is my Leather Restoration Option. This not only cleans the leather but also re-moisturizes it with the necessary oils that will keep it supple and free from cracking going forward.

All in all the car came out fantastic! Interior wise it's a 9/10 only because the driver side bolster is showing a bit of wear. It's an easy fix as re-dying the interior perfectly is a snap for my friend Phil Lacke at Firbrenew. No more old car smell and all the materials are back to like-new condition and color. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Exterior wise I'm very pleased too. The Magma Red Metallic now "POPS" and has a great tone to it. The clear was blended in several areas over the years so it's not as deep as it could have been in spots but the coating really helps make up for that by giving it a candy like glow. This is a weekend and top down only no-rain car so we went with CanCoat as it's effective life will go on for years being it's low use and no exposure. Why spend money on higher end longer lasting coatings that will never see their limits reached.

Anyway, onto the pics:

original.jpg

The wheels here are being replaced. I saw the newer ones that are similar to these but larger and are off to be later this week.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Reflection off the hood

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Tim, fantastic work on JD’s SL! He’s apparently an old man now [emoji23]

Now when can I schedule my M3??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx. I'm old too as I dig it. Interior is nearly perfect. I'll touch base on the M3 this week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk