Gm 3.6. Paging Cordell

TTQ B4U

I remember somewhere in the past you gave a great outline of all the concerns regarding the GM 3.6 liter motor. I am remote today on my phone only and I'm having trouble finding the thread. Would you mind you summarize the concerns regarding that engine or point me to that link/thread?

I have a friend at work dead set on a 3.6l used SUV and I'd like to provide them some points to consider.

Thx.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s pretty much it. I’d suggest having it checked over, there are worthwhile ones out there if that’s the route they’ve chosen but very easy to find something that nobody wanted to maintain and could prove problematic.

Also keep in mind there has been a second generation of this engine out for a couple years, so I’ll assume you are referring to the older one. Haven’t seen anything major so far on the new one. Easy to tell, second gen has AFM.

I'm reminded of Cordell's warnings every time I see a Lambda-chassis SUV from GM.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/08/29/2020-gmc-acadia-at4-pricing/#slide-1293416

So...let's abuse the chassis in the AT4 version, and stick a 2.0L turbo-4 in everything else? Wondering if the soccer moms and non-car people will notice.

I'm reminded of Cordell's warnings every time I see a Lambda-chassis SUV from GM.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/08/29/2020-gmc-acadia-at4-pricing/#slide-1293416

So...let's abuse the chassis in the AT4 version, and stick a 2.0L turbo-4 in everything else? Wondering if the soccer moms and non-car people will notice.

Funny thing is the new 2.0L turbos require premium fuel, and seeing as how the 1.5L (same engine design) is cracking pistons I'd probably run away from used ones.