69 Mustang Saga - 2020

Ackbar00

Keeps getting better!!!!

If that blue and spoiler were gone, man it would really smooth that thing out!

If it ever got repainted, it would just be straight Oxford White, but it has like 15 paint jobs. I imagine that would be a pretty expensive update to redo properly.

Only two things I really want to do to the car:

The Shelby side scopes

3db5f24bf18ea35440ece9bd2fa73bb9.jpg

Ditch the spoiler and get something like this

bc1566ab8fe7098deab017020b6ea472.jpg

I love the ring brothers one, but its $900 !!

ford-mustang-fastbac-2_800x0w.jpg

• 2 months later...

So there was the rims and the Wilwood brakes I talked about in the other thread:

1puTT8p.jpg

GaDTPy3.jpg

Yesterday, we wrapped up the 9" install from Quick Performance. Big shoutout to my friend Dave for helping me with this.

So the housing was built longer than stock to accommodate the rims and to remove the wheel spacer. Tucked the wheels in just right. Adapted the lowering block a little and I think we got the ride height just perfect. The disc brakes install went OK, ended up having to buy some different lines to fit this application. I still need to figure out the emergency brake, QP claimed this setup would work with my cable, well, no it does not. Other than that we took it for a drive and having the new 4.00 gear is so much better than the 2.80.

Front needs to come down now, so it has a set of coilovers in its future. Might do that this summer, or make it winter project.

Xm2tInB.jpg

rPPUfMk.jpg

qE2By1c.jpg

Dzst5nd.jpg

vxzQhTd.jpg

GbL6K2X.jpg

Looks great, again, this is one of my favorite styles in the classic car scene, I guess it's the protouring look. I'd love to put a similar wheel on a lowered F100.

Great work, car really turned out nice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

LOVE IT.

Respectfully, the front could be lowered another 1/2" to an inch. :thumbup:

He probably agrees, you can tell when he said:

Front needs to come down now, so it has a set of coilovers in its future. Might do that this summer, or make it winter project.

• 4 weeks later...

Just been driving the car a bunch lately. Found out that I needed to cut the wheel wells for the back tires. On any real rough road, was starting to cut my tires. So that was a big help.

Also decided to add some resonators to my Magnaflow system. The resonance at 2200 RPM was getting pretty bad. These are the resonators I put in and the ground clearance is amazing! it did make a good amount of difference for how small they are.

https://aeroexhaust.com/i-30497638-aero-exhaust-resonator-tr251-tr-series-2-5-inside-diameter-necks.html

N8Uqsno.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got to take it to Kil Kare this week. Car did pretty good!

117302049_4736830216331004_4382554180291090_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=SxffMxf9RIIAX9PlZgY&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=1f5b95124b3cc7b6bf6adb60ba6bf00e&oe=5F580CBD

13.07@105.6 Best pass to date. I'm sure I could get a 12 out of it on street tires.

Car has a pretty bad vibration though. Found the driveshaft had hit the floor of the car, I am assuming from the 9" winding up. Looks like it ripped off the weight. Its at the driveshaft place this morning getting checked out. Guess its time for some Caltracs.

13.07 on those flimsy leaf springs with no traction bars is no joke. congrats.

if you are going to keep going with the pro-touring aspect of the car, an old hot rod trick to get an IRS rear end is to get a jaguar rear and weld the mounts into your mustang frame. might be worth looking into as a future project. All the heidts, kugel, etc...IRS hot rod rears are copies of the jag rear end.

https://dazecars.com/dazed/JaguarIRSSuccess.html

https://dazecars.com/dazed/JaguarIRS2.html

I was pretty happy with it, especially with the 1.97 60 foot.

I put together a small vid of the runs:

Well, Jag thing was a fun read, but with a new 9", thats not gonna happen. Got the driveshaft out and its at the shop now to see if its off or not. Might see about ordering the Caltracs this weekend after I get paid.