Anyone have a...

vonrottes

Crank pulley/damper puller for an LS?

Changed the old cracked squeaky belt on my G8 this morning and noticed the crank pulley was wobbling, so gonna replace it on Saturday, just curious if anyone has a puller I can use since it doesn't look like any parts stores have the right one.

I've read it's pretty common, but engines making noise they aren't supposed to irritates me.

Shit I can just use a 3 jaw puller? Pretty sure we have one in the garage [emoji28] wasn't sure if that would ness up the crank or not.

Thanks guys

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Should just be the same GM/Chrysler puller that’s been around for a long time. Parts store should have that for rent. The correct pulley installer is not as easy. If you can find the appropriate 16mm long reach installer at a parts store for rent I’d be surprised, but it’s become quite popular so...

Someone stop me if there is a better way, but I have always left the stock crank bolt in a couple threads and used a 3 jaw puller to remove them. I use a threaded rod from Fastenal m16x2.0 with a washer and a nut to pull it on (lock the crank from moving). Always works for me.

Someone stop me if there is a better way, but I have always left the stock crank bolt in a couple threads and used a 3 jaw puller to remove them. I use a threaded rod from Fastenal m16x2.0 with a washer and a nut to pull it on (lock the crank from moving). Always works for me.

You can certainly do it that way. The puller that is made for them is easier to use then a typical 3 jaw. An installer made for it typically has a bearing in it and is just easier to use also. Being a GM tech of course I have these things, but I have done it the same way you have in the past and it works fine.

Something like this

https://www.tooltopia.com/otc-tools-6667.aspx?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scbplpOTC6667&sc_intid=OTC6667

and this

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-900135