Texas

Geeesammy

Who has moved/ lived here?

Who lives there now?

The wife and I have been talking about a move, and with my house nearly wrapped up I think now is the time. Looking around the San Antonio area since she has family there and that would make it easier.

I lived in San Antonio. Enjoyed being able to golf year round, loved the Riverwalk.

Biggest issue was getting the friends I had from Ohio, Georgia and Florida from my previous stays to come see me.

And vice versa when I wanted to come back home to Ohio or visit friends in the south. It's just a bit inconvenient to fly and rent crappy cars.

I like to hit the road and stop at random hole in the wall towns and meet rednecks if there's time.

20 plus hours on the road one way will wear you out and there's really no stopping as your only goal becomes to just get there.

Now I live back in Columbus and really like how the city has turned itself around and don't see myself moving back south for another year or two when I get the itch to go work back at Eglin, AFB.

All in all there's great food and people in San Antonio.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My 2nd cousin lives in San Antonio. Shes from central ohio area. She seems to love it there from the pictures she posts. She's involved with local tourism growth, etc. But as Matt mentioned its a long way from here. She makes the drive up here once or twice a year with her dog to see family.

I know a few people out there through the local drag strip and it seems nice.

I don't think that part of Texas is suffering from the California invasion so you should be good there. Just stay away from places like Austin and such that have had an influx of those types, they are making it difficult to enjoy Texas.

Wife and I moved from Columbus to Fort Worth in 2011.

I like the economy and jobs. I he pretty much everything else about it. The traffic, geography of most of it, the heat, etc. I like the falconry here. That and my job are my biggest reasons for being here. Outside of that, i'd prefer to live elsewhere. That being said, a lot of people move here and love the absurd heat and humidity.

Pros: No winter, good tex-mex everywhere, hill country is beautiful

Cons: Sprawl, everyone drives 5mph under the speed limit, you have to drive everywhere, no character other than people getting raging hard-ons over Texas itself

I've spent somewhere between 1 and 2 years of my life in San Antonio for work trips, I'm always happy to eat some good food and then I'm always happy to leave.

I know a few people out there through the local drag strip and it seems nice.

I don't think that part of Texas is suffering from the California invasion so you should be good there. Just stay away from places like Austin and such that have had an influx of those types, they are making it difficult to enjoy Texas.

Sa for sure has some of "them"

Wifes cousin is "one" and its cringy, good people, but whacky views

Sa for sure has some of "them"

Wifes cousin is "one" and its cringy, good people, but whacky views

No doubt, I've heard some horror stories of "them" going to other states and throwing fits over things, cringy is the best word to describe it.

If you do move to SA let me know and I can hook you up with some of the locals I know.

Texans are incredibly proud to be Texan and the funny/sad thing is, I'm pretty sure most of them have never left Texas. Yay, you were born in Texas, something you had absolutely no hand in accomplishing, yet take so much pride in. It's weird.

I find things I like and dislike about every state. It's not all bad here. Worst drivers of any state I've ever lived in though.

No doubt, I've heard some horror stories of "them" going to other states and throwing fits over things, cringy is the best word to describe it.

If you do move to SA let me know and I can hook you up with some of the locals I know.

Just curious, like what?

When I visited Boise last year all the locals had the same complaint, an influx of Californians were ruining their town somehow... fucking Boise, Idaho.

Sorry to get off topic OP.

Just curious, like what?

When I visited Boise last year all the locals had the same complaint, an influx of Californians were ruining their town somehow... fucking Boise, Idaho.

Old people and their sense of entitlement. "Wah, my ancestors squatted on this square of dirt 80 years ago and now I'm entitled to it never changing." Damn snowflakes.

Just curious, like what?

Lets hope they escaped Cali. With renewed common sense son they don't fuck up yet another state.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just curious, like what?

The best way to describe it is a bunch of people coming in and talking down to you, how you live your life, saying you need to change to make them happy, and they're offended by everything.

One of our script writers lived in Idaho, went to work in Cali, got sick of the bullshit, moved back home, and is now pissed because the Californians are invading there. Some problem in parts of Oregon and Washington.

If i hadnt met Nathan 17 years ago, i would be living in San Antonio right now. I loved it there, i was in thr process of buying a house and relocating via GM

People are friendly, lots to do, its beautiful weather..

maybe one day when we retire...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry late to chime in, but I'm in San Antonio now. Lived here in 2011 and 2015 and loved it. However do to some poor leadership this place is falling apart. Roads are garbage and the highways are expanding at about a third of the rate of housing development. It was a big city with small town feel before, now it's just a big city where everyone thinks they're the most important person, when clearly I'm the most important.

My commute use to be 35 minutes, now it's an hour and a half. Same distance.

All my cars have windshield cracks from the rocks and trash on the roads.

We live in one of the good parts of town and the school was built for about 450 kids and it's pushing 900. Everything's overcrowded.

Certain policies , or maybe just the policymakers, are destroying commerce and the schools around here,

Fun town to visit, but we'll be moving back to Ohio as soon as I get my air Force separation approved.

Sorry late to chime in, but I'm in San Antonio now. Lived here in 2011 and 2015 and loved it. However do to some poor leadership this place is falling apart. Roads are garbage and the highways are expanding at about a third of the rate of housing development. It was a big city with small town feel before, now it's just a big city where everyone thinks they're the most important person, when clearly I'm the most important.

We live in one of the good parts of town and the school was built for about 450 kids and it's pushing 900. Everything's overcrowded.

Certain policies , or maybe just the policymakers, are destroying commerce and the schools around here,

Fun town to visit, but we'll be moving back to Ohio as soon as I get my air Force separation approved.

^This

ya, my sister said that a lot of Liberals have moved down there and taken over the government.

One of my Air Force friends lives in Austin and he says the California invasion is real and he hates it. Same thing going on in Phoenix. As long as our shitty winter keeps those nutbags away from Columbus, I'm staying here... :lol:

One of my Air Force friends lives in Austin and he says the California invasion is real and he hates it. Same thing going on in Phoenix. As long as our shitty winter keeps those nutbags away from Columbus, I'm staying here... :lol:

I hope it works. Ohio seems far and away more 'Murica then Texas does right now

What winter? :confused: