WTB: Carroll Shelby/Cobra toys, models, memorabilia

zeitgeist57

My 8-yo son is doing a "Famous Americans" presentation at the end of February and he chose Carroll Shelby. Yes, I'm proud of him. :) He's been a Cobra fan since "Ford v Ferrari".

Instead of buying die-cast models or stuff I don't have, does anyone have Shelby stuff I can borrow for literally a couple of days so he can have some props for his school presentation? GT40, Cobra models...GLH-S stuff...baseball caps, clothes...anything would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have a buddy who's dad had a couple Shelby's, I'll text my buddy and see if there is anything you can borrow. At the very least I may be able to send you some pics of the cars (07 gt500 SS and a 2015 gt350 that did the Shelby cruise in europe, there are pics with the decals and the car was signed by a couple Shelby guys).

I have a bunch of cobra models in various sizes you are welcome to borrow.

I have to look for it, but I attended the Shelby Series I launch in the late 90's and CS himself gave me a hat with the series 1 eye logo. It was signed, but I think my mom washed it and the signature came off. If I can find it you are welcome to it, but I am going to want it back.

Thanks a ton, guys. I'll talk to my son and see what all he needs. We do have a couple of HotWheels and I have a Cobra hat from Frank Kress. Will reach out to you guys soon.

if you want to borrow my n/a dodge 8 valve head as a demo you welcome too. i use to have a glhs and got it off a retired chrysler engineer because it has bigger ports. no valves installed and never ran since the 80s

So...son is going to get some feedback but a couple of models/toys and a getup like Carroll Shelby (Cobra hat and jacket my MiL is actually making) will likely win the day. This is a 2nd-grade class presentation, I'm reminded. :lol:

Will reach out to guys next week if we need more props!

My 8-yo son is doing a "Famous Americans" presentation at the end of February and he chose Carroll Shelby. Yes, I'm proud of him. :) He's been a Cobra fan since "Ford v Ferrari".

Instead of buying die-cast models or stuff I don't have, does anyone have Shelby stuff I can borrow for literally a couple of days so he can have some props for his school presentation? GT40, Cobra models...GLH-S stuff...baseball caps, clothes...anything would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You need to find a nice related car to drive him to school in that day ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: THANKS for all of you that offered help. I ended up overestimating how much stuff he needed, really just a costume and a few visuals (he already had some HotWheels, that was all that he needed.) I had a Kress Cobra hat from 20 years ago and my MiL killed it with making a Shelby American jacket.

R5Su04Ml.jpg

KIDS THESE DAYS and their fancy iPad presentations at school!

oXa4gPgl.jpg

Perfect likeness of Carroll Shelby. Like looking at a photograph.

ztf4jVwl.jpg

In a sea of Hamilton’s, Einsteins, and sports figures...we needed a true American hero and my son delivered :lol: He loved doing it. Thanks again, CR!