And another one! WWCRD?

coltboostin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say...R8 all the way.

The big issue for me is a young famiry that really makes a 2-seater unusable. I barely drive 3 of the 6 cars I have anyway and they all have back seats!

If not 911 Turbo...then I say R8. They are getting cheaper (esp. autos), and will always be cool and fun to drive. I'm sure they will become more scarce as time goes by.

Aston Martin V8 vantage would also fall into this category as well as an XKR jaguar.

Love the body lines. Hate the maintenance

That R8 is beautiful. Have always liked them myself and use to see one in the summer in our old neighborhood all the time. He had some type of exhaust that made it sound like an AMLS car. Sounded perfect.

The Exhaust on this white one has me sold that the v10 is not mandatory.

I gotta say...R8 all the way.

The big issue for me is a young famiry that really makes a 2-seater unusable. I barely drive 3 of the 6 cars I have anyway and they all have back seats!

I drove my Vette to work pretty much every day in summer, and a few time is a week in winter. Mom works and stays at home, so she does most fo the hauling. And if we need to "divide and conquer" with the kids, I'll take the Bimmer!

R8, 911 turbo, S/SL 63/65 - dont fuck around with all that other shit.

Man, that 2008-9 S63 AMG is about the most BAUCE car you can buy for 15k. WOW.

Random thought-

Will the C8 bring DOWN the value of the R8? On paper, they are very comparable. We will see if one really stands out on the street once they are out.

Is this a consideration? Or, will "R8 people" just never be "Vette people"?

Think different,but my old boss had both and he would always say I get all this performance for little $$$ with the Vette.

Think different,but my old boss had both and he would always say I get all this performance for little $$$ with the Vette.

True, but I wouldn't be buying this with "performance" as my primary goal. If it was, I would never have sold the Vette!

Are you sure you want an exotic?

No, Im not. Hence this thread. ;)

1) Auto-tragic

2) Felt Big /Heavy

3) Felt Slow

I also drove it after I drove a McLaren MP4-12C, a prototype NSX, and my own 996TT.

The R8 was my least favorite

Ah...I'd never consider a "performance vehicle" with an automatic, lap times don't mean enough to me to justify that trade. Was it a v8 model too?

1) Auto-tragic

2) Felt Big /Heavy

3) Felt Slow

I also drove it after I drove a McLaren MP4-12C, a prototype NSX, and my own 996TT.

The R8 was my least favorite

Sadly, for this purchase I *may* be ok with all of this. (And if I am not, I will sell, hence why I need the depreciation protection :)) This is more like buying a watch that a car. A Timex Expedition is indestructible and water-resistant down to 100M. Light, fast, looks good, It does everything you would want a watch to do.

A Rolex Datejust is heavy, hard to read, and finicky to adjust. But, when you put that fucker on your wrist, which is more satisfying?

Gtr—as much as I’ve considered selling this car, nothing I’ve driven is so completely easy to leave cars in the dust, stoplight to stoplight daily driving in any weather. I drive it all year long—run e85 all summer, 93 in the winter. It’s a bottom 10 car on the corn with full bolt ons. I haven’t had to do much maintenance in 30k miles of ownership. It’s a decent daily depending on your commute

S6–add rs7 turbos and you can have a mid 10 second ride with the dsg. My buddy had a heavily modded s6 he drove over 100k miles. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed dailying my rs7

Rs3—weirdly, you can get a brand new leftover ‘19 for bottom $50’s with an original msrp over $65k. These cars have some lag, but can easily make well north of 500whp on the stock turbo. They are light— around 3500lbs and feel about half the size of a Dodge Charger. On e85, you can get well into the 10’s with the stock turbo. Swap in a turbo and beef up the dsg, and this car will go 9’s all day. Not much sounds as unique as the inline 5 screaming wide open. I’m a huge fan of this car, and you just don’t see a ton of them