Wanted: LS swap car

Forrest Gump 9

I would love to swap a Chrysler Conquest. I dont know much about them other than I love the look and have seen a few conventional V8 swapped ones. They seem hard to find in decent condition though.

There's a red one sitting in a storage lot across from the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard that's been sitting there for 20 years. No idea what kind of condition it's in, probably not great at this point, but I've always wanted to know the story with that car.

It must have been the drugs for the knee as I thought I responded this before but,

while on rennlist I saw a lot of talk and 1 guy doing it swaping an lsx into a 996. I guess there is a lot of info on it

There is is you have a 20k+ budget for the swap

The problem with the RX7 is I only want the FD, and the FD $$$

The FD is a great car to swap, and yes they are expensive for a 25-30 year old sports car. If you can find a shell they can be had for around 5k if you're patient. To make a really nice FD though, it'll still cost you 12-15k all in most likely.

A $5k FD shell these days is gonna need a good amount of additional work like paint or interior both of which are expensive. Better off finding a $10k roller with everything but a motor, but these days that’s becoming rare to find too. FD prices are high and likely not coming back down.