WTB: Truck/Fun car

SRTurbo04

Been rummaging throughout FB market place an craigslist(what a joke now days) Looking for a new toy running driving 3k and under, show me what you got, at this point I am open to suggestions. I under stand at this price point it might have some rust.

Some things I have been looking for is a 99+ Silverado/sierra 4.8/5.3 2wd regular cab

70’s F100/F150/F250 I have found a few good deals but missed out on some good non rusty deals.

Mustangs

70/80s Chevy pickups

So me what you got!

Coming from GM squarebodies and an F100, I can tell you it is way easier to wrench on GMT400/GMT800 chassis trucks. Parts are cheap and plentiful and they ride/drive/stop way better than the older stuff. Sure, it doesn't look as cool as the old metal but stuff like OBDII, airbags, EFI, maybe even working A/C at your price point is well worth it.

Throw a $300 lowering kit and some FB Marketplace wheels/tires and it's ready to go.

It won't be as fun to drive as something sportier with a stick, doe...

Coming from GM squarebodies and an F100, I can tell you it is way easier to wrench on GMT400/GMT800 chassis trucks. Parts are cheap and plentiful and they ride/drive/stop way better than the older stuff. Sure, it doesn't look as cool as the old metal but stuff like OBDII, airbags, EFI, maybe even working A/C at your price point is well worth it.

Throw a $300 lowering kit and some FB Marketplace wheels/tires and it's ready to go.

It won't be as fun to drive as something sportier with a stick, doe...

Makes sense, you know me im a odd one who makes dumb decesions though :lol:

:gay: ok i guess im not open to everything

That Nissan hardbody posted above!!!

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/columbus-96-acura-integra-gs/7089588937.html

^^^this is a guy on here...high miles but note the parts that’s been thrown at this and the owner is legit. Could be a fun car to throw a cheap paint job on and rip around.

I would seriously be interested especially at this price, but I’ve got 3 rolling projects going on right now :lol:

I saw a bugeye wrx wagon on facebook the other day in about your price range, I think it needed work though. There was a Legacy gt on there a couple weeks ago that needed a turbo for a reasonable price, probably gone by now though, I would imagine.

Neon SRT4 :D
there was a silver one that i saw, couldnt pull the trigger though.

For 3k you're probably better getting a motorcycle. Cant get an atv or dirt bike due to land to ride or towing. 3k isn't going to get you a decent truck or car to fix up.

Be surprised missed a few good deals due to timing.

No motorcycles

Any one know how i can register a vehicle with the bmv being closed for who knows how long?

For 3k you're probably better getting a motorcycle. Cant get an atv or dirt bike due to land to ride or towing. 3k isn't going to get you a decent truck or car to fix up.

I paid $800 for my turd :fa:

Any thoughts on adding some performance mods to the Grand Marquis to make it a bit more fun? Summer wheels/tires? Suspension? Shift kit for the trans?

Its my daily i learned from the srt to not mod your daily lol

Plus car is just too dam heavy to make fast without dumpin a ton of money into it.