2019 Civic Si Gets Made Back to Black

TTQ B4U

So a good friend of mine Greg Janikowski picked up a new Civic Si last year but has been too busy with his new significant other and his Personal Training business to really help keep it in tip-top condition. Greg is as fit as can be thus it only makes sense to keep his car in just as good of shape right?

The car was fine but lacked any level of wax or protection since it left the dealership nearly 28k miles ago. Dirt was embedded in the finish and water didn't bead or even sheet off it at all. It's a daily driver that sits outside due to limited space thus it needed some real love.

The great news is the Crystal Black color is gorgeous when cleaned up and Honda paint is among the easiest out there to correct. The plan was to approach it with the most cost effective package, my Basic Clean & Protect, then to layer on a 12 month Ceramic Coating as a source of gloss and protection from the elements. The perfect package for what this beauty needed.

Let's first take a look at a few before pics showing the car after a recent trip in the rain. Dirt just stuck to it like velcro and the contamination....was definitely in need of removal. This is especially important on Honda's and Japanese imports in general since they do have very soft and thin layers of finish.

Once embedded, the contaminants will eventually oxidize, break through the clear and cause a complete failure. This is one of the main reason so many older ones have peeling paint issues.

BEFORE:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Now let's take a look at a series of AFTER shots. Polished, primed for the ceramic and sealed up with a 12 month coating, his vehicle is now 99%+ corrected and looking better than brand new. Most importantly it will be much easier to clean, should stay that way until next spring and is looking great!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Looking awesome Tim.

I've only put about 10,000 miles on mine since the treatment. Always garaged. Anything in particular I should be thinking about? Still shines like crazy when clean.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Looking awesome Tim.

I've only put about 10,000 miles on mine since the treatment. Always garaged. Anything in particular I should be thinking about? Still shines like crazy when clean.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Think about driving it [emoji14] otherwise wash and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk