Scrappers that will take a vehicle without title?

Geeto67

Here is the situation:

I took in a stray motorcycle from one of those junk hauler places. It's a 1996 Yamaha Tour deluxe. It has no title but CPD says it doesn't come up stolen in their system. On top of being crashed, it sat with the carbs off for some time so it really is junk. I got what I needed out of it and now it's time to pass it on.

It owes me no money, so I am not worried about getting something out of it, but I don't want to pay to have it hauled away. I can trailer it to a scrapper, but I have been told they won't touch vehicles without a title.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? Anybody know of a scapper who will take it?

Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace ad offering it for free. Someone will be there within the hour to grab it. Won't cost you a thing and it will be out of your way. Bikes are easier than cars (without titles), but I've used the same method for scrap vehicles without titles.

Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace ad offering it for free. Someone will be there within the hour to grab it. Won't cost you a thing and it will be out of your way. Bikes are easier than cars (without titles), but I've used the same method for scrap vehicles without titles.

This or take a sawzaw to it and then scrap it

That or depending where you live, drive-by scrappers will take it no problem.

One friend had his extra e30 engine....decided to try and throw it near his trash in his alley. They had that thing gone in an hour lol .

Sounds like a good, unsafe, starter bike that will go down the road crooked.

Is anything worth having or is even the frame FUBAR?

Frame is fine but at this point it's just a rolling chassis with an engine/trans/shaft drive of unknown condition. I used some of the parts for my buddies yamaha royal star, stole the brakes for my VW/BMW, took the bar controls and some electric bits for my ironhead, and the fenders for a future project. I never got the tank, seat, or the carbs with it so it's not worth saving, esp when a 90's nice one running is like a $2500 bike.

frame and engine are just heavy and bulky. It's a 1300cc version of the V-max V-four engine with a wide ratio 5 speed so if someone wanted to use the engine for something silly like a go-kart or to repower a small car they could with the shaft drive. I am sure it would need a going through but 90 ft/lbs torque out of an all aluminum engine isn't much to sneeze at, plus people used to turbo the old v-maxs back in the day- 6 psi boost would easily push it to 135ft/lbs and 115+ hp.

damnit....now you've given me idears

We did cut up a 94 Civic that was a body in white car (no VIN stamp) using a sawzaw. Cut it into 3'x3' sections and added the scrap to the scrap trailer over the course of a week or two. The Firewall was the only thing that went as one piece, but it was flat on the bottom of the trailer, so no issues.

After doing that, I'll use the online ad to have someone else come get it and make it their issue. :)

The scrappers in Clintonville are, if nothing else, efficient.

I don't imagine wherever you are now you can get away with leaving scrap at the curb. :)

The nicer the area, the longer scrap sits untouched on a curb.

When I worked on homes in the inner city we'd take a busted hot water tank after installing a new one out to the alley, go inside and clean up/gather tools, and it would be gone by the time we left.

Checks out.

I think there is also some function of proximity to not as nice areas. We are in a pretty nice area, but if you go across the tracks/highway there are some not so nice areas not so far from here. I assume the scrappers in our area mostly come from there. So, outside of 270 in the burbs is further from those kinds of areas. Probably wherever the scrappers are coming from is next door to the the car riflers.