WTB: 87-89 GTA Trans Am

STEVE-O

I know it might be a long shot but thought I would see if maybe CR had a lead

My dad had 1 of 40 I believe 87 dark red GTA that did pace laps to introduce the car . Bought new and drove it almost 200k before someone hit him in the quarter and totaled the car .

He is close to retirement age now and that car was my childhood

I would love to find one to have for the family sake for him again

I am not looking for a crazy low mileage 15k+ garage queen here

Anyone have a lead on a 5k or less GTA that fits this bill?? Bonus if it is the darker ruby red or even white ( he bought a 89 white one after the 87 was totaled but only had it a couple of years )

Any color for the right price will fit the bill but also don’t wanted a junker

TIA

Last one would be what I am looking for almost to the T but way to far away sadly and I’m not buying it without seeing it

PA cars are as bad - if not worse - than CLE cars in terms of rust. However, that dark red over gold basketweave wheels looks sikk. The car has a great bite to the exhaust note from his crappy YT video.

I'm surprised people are still using CL for car ads, with so much shift to FBM. I will start looking back there for cars as well.

Last one would be what I am looking for almost to the T but way to far away sadly and I’m not buying it without seeing it

you may have to travel for something as specific as a ruby red 30+year old GTA. It's only 7 hours and its well below your budget, why not take the 7 hour ride?

you may have to travel for something as specific as a ruby red 30+year old GTA. It's only 7 hours and its well below your budget, why not take the 7 hour ride?

it becomes a 7 hour drive there, Hope the car is not a bucket, Get a trailer, load up and haul back becomes a entire day easy adding to the cost and that is if the whole deal goes smooth. ill travel 2 hours for a view and roll the dice but not wasting a 14 hour plus road trip on a hope its not that important to me honestly or some SUPER rare car

My Firehawk was east of Pittsburgh and I couldn’t believe how well it was taken care of. I kept asking for pictures including having him put it on a rack for underneath. If you’re a serious buyer ask for a shit load of picks or do a FaceTime or zoom call with him going around it. Good luck!

My Firehawk was east of Pittsburgh and I couldn’t believe how well it was taken care of. I kept asking for pictures including having him put it on a rack for underneath. If you’re a serious buyer ask for a shit load of picks or do a FaceTime or zoom call with him going around it. Good luck!

I completely agree if they are a serious seller they should have no issues with this

I’ve face timed people on multiple occasions when selling my vehicles even to people Just down in cincy

• 3 weeks later...
Willing to entertain it for the right one

Let me see what he's working on and if he's got one, I'll try to put you to in contact with each other.

Does he happen to do that with IROCs too?

He's more of a Firebird guy, but I will ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Any color for the right price will fit the bill but also don’t wanted a junker

TIA

I was messaging this guy about the transmission and he offered me the whole car for $500. Hmmmm

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/281201986559212/

Looks haggard but may be worth parting out.

For sure with awesome pics and a even better description of the vehicle

but thanks for the effort of tagging the link