Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 12yo daughter has a head cold. I have it too. Runny nose and morning post-nasal drip cough. No fever. Feeling fine.

Just had to go to middle school, where head and assistant nurse walk my daughter out to meet me. A teacher ratted her out when she coughed. She’s quarantined until December.

I’m respectful of the process...but it’s going to be a LOOOONG winter.

It's a tough call on both sides of that coin. I had to report one of my students for evaluation about a week ago. He had a nasty cough and a runny nose. Symptoms that started a couple days before. The school nurse sent him home.

Part of what makes me nervous about simple cold symptoms goes about a month back. We had some people to the house for dinner. It was still warm enough we all stayed outside around a couple of fires. A few days later one of them let the rest of us know she had tested positive. A few days later her husband tested positive. I had to quarantine for about 10 days. Over those 10 days I had the majority of my administration covering for my class because we cannot get subs. I taught remotely from home. I felt bad, I knew they would send him home, but I have to think of the rest of the class too. If one of them gets it and takes it home, I'll feel responsible I didn't do anything.

Clay did they say they wanted you to get a test for her? It’s a tricky situation for sure.

Olentangy announced they’ll be virtual Monday and Tuesday next week then we’re out till Dec 1st anyway.

If it's the same for us, then a test can maybe clear her to return to school. I know that if you are a confirmed exposure case, then you MUST quarantine for the remainder of the 14 days since exposure (test or no test).

It's quarantine, or come back with a negative COVID test. I agree with the logic.

Wifey is with her getting swabbed in line at Ohio Expo Center parking lot...

Not where i'm at, negative COVID test doesn't clear you unless you've had two at least 10-14 days apart.

She tested negative, and wife had her back at school by 4pm for cheerleading practice. Brandished the negative-COVID paper like an arrest warrant. School welcomed her back in.

*shrug*

Good to hear Clay. We just got a few updates on positives in Dublin. Thankfully our school board and their advisors are against closing in-person and instead just take the sick kids out.

Enjoy the upcoming holiday week.

We’ll see. I think the ADA option is more feasible with the time we have left. With her service connected rating it shouldn’t be an issue either. Both ideas are excellent though. Thank you!
What'd you find out?? Hopefully you are in the delivery room today!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

what was the magic word to let you in? Just smile real big?

Something the OB said on Thursday got me approval to be in there. The staff we discussed the situation with seemed surprised that they wouldn’t let me in initially.

Either way, I’m stoked to have our first boy. Three girls worth of hatchimals that can be purged sooner.

Something the OB said on Thursday got me approval to be in there. The staff we discussed the situation with seemed surprised that they wouldn’t let me in initially.

Either way, I’m stoked to have our first boy. Three girls worth of hatchimals that can be purged sooner.

Congratulations man! Some good things are still happening in 2020 for sure.

That's awesome!

Awesome to hear. Congrats man.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

congrats! glad they let you in!

• 1 month later...
My wife is gung-ho about getting kids back to school, so she passed the FBI background check and got vaccinated to become a substitute teacher for UA Schools. I'm proud of her, but it's sad that many schools don't have enough teachers for hybrid/in-person classes.

My wife is gung-ho about getting kids back to school, so she passed the FBI background check and got vaccinated to become a substitute teacher for UA Schools. I'm proud of her, but it's sad that many schools don't have enough teachers for hybrid/in-person classes.

Could be worse. Most places can't find enough nurses to hire. We are starting to pull any office staff with credentials out onto the floor.