Wheel repair/respray?

Howdy,

Been a while since I was active, but looking for a local recommendation. I had my stock Focus ST wheels painted 4-5 years back and they now look like absolute garbage. Tiny bits of curb rash but the paint is fucked all over all 4 wheels. Who is the best local shop to get them resprayed/repaired if needed?

Or should I just say fuck it and get some cheap aftermarket wheels, which is not my preferred method.

Jamie Nutter

J. Nutter Designs

102 Google reviews

Wheel store in Columbus, Ohio

Located in: The OLIVER BUILDING

Address: 4555 Groves Rd #37, Columbus, OH 43232

Hours:

Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Hours or services may differ

Phone: (614) 655-2230

Curbed a wheel in my tank and took it to Wheel Medic a few years ago. Cost a hundred bucks for them to sand it down and fill the gashes with resin and respray the wheel black. Then I curbed it again and used a sharpie, then I curbed it again. That rear passenger wheel has seen some shit.

Wheel Medic has done right by me and many that I've sent their way. I'll be a future customer as my wife's wheels have met many a curb thanks to her not using the fucking self-park feature it came with :mad:

If only powdercoating is needed, I would try a different venue. Wheel Medic didn't do it right by me, so I never came back. My company uses Tristate Wheel LLC, but I don't have a personal experience with Tristate.

Wheel Medic is great.

If the wheels are painted (not polished or machined/clear coat) I surprised myself by changing the wheels I put on my Odyssey from black to silver. Did sanding/filling of light curb rashes as well. Surprisingly easy.