2003 Quicksilver Z06 Corvette - 50k mi - unmodified

hpfiend

It is with hesitation that I post this excellent condition Corvette Z06 for sale. I have owned it since 2008 and enjoyed every minute of it. I am the second owner and the first was a GM executive. I have yet to find a car as well engineered and versatile as this one. The c6 and c7 were basic updates on this generation of corvette which elevated the breed to near super car status with its front engine and rear transaxle balance. The z06 is the most powerful, best handling, braking, lightest and rare of them all. There were less than 650 cars in this color and options combination ever built.

This version is almost completely unmodified and unmolested with “upgrades” of column lock bypass, HID headlight bulbs (original bulbs included), and reengineered 2004 GM valve springs.

With just over 50k miles, fresh tires, functional HVAC display and both working windows, it is sure to deliver many more s-miles.

$20,000.00 OBO

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk547aad1e12ffece03b751e0226199049.jpg

fb5361d9a972b4c3cada5419fdce9ab5.jpg

6a70d068c4759fd45a62ff30712f3edf.jpg

fa0f675d0c185ac15f55c60ab90ef950.jpg

419e780be6cf39a2e1f63a7d878f542d.jpg

c0e2e2528aafdbc9db98425bb2ce170c.jpg

1517ae1026b0a1c8700c6ccc28fdda07.jpg7cbf2c1baef2e6d648300bda445b043d.jpg

Edited by hpfiend

You weren't in Thornville last week by chance? Saw one of these in my new neighbor's drive. GLWS. love, love the C5Zs

That was likely "DQ Driver" in Thornville as well as my wife and I, but we were parked down the driveway haha.

Beautiful car, but you are bit far from fair market value of C5Z's. Nonetheless, glws.

Thanks, pm’d - I have it listed everywhere and have received little feedback but a few oohs and aahs. I know a c6z or c7z aren’t as good for me as I have had or driven both and would have one still if so. A c8 is 100k by the time you actually get one and the reviews are mixed so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, pm’d - I have it listed everywhere and have received little feedback but a few oohs and aahs. I know a c6z or c7z aren’t as good for me as I have had or driven both and would have one still if so. A c8 is 100k by the time you actually get one and the reviews are mixed so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replied, the c5z is still by far my favorite, but your buyer is going to have to have the same desire for nostalgia. With the release of the c8 it made the c6/c7 more and more affordable for people. I am seeing prices for 06/07 C6Z's for 27k now.

I'd benchmark against some comps on corvetteforum and FB marketplace if you want to be more realistic with getting it sold.

this should be one to watch to give a idea on market, not a exact match but close

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-chevrolet-corvette-z06-19/

it's had an accident and there are several little things wrong with it..I'm surprised it's at 15.5 now! The thing about bidding is people get stupid

A 2k si with 5k miles just sold for 50k..wtf

Remember a older gentleman turning up to Nelson Ledges road course in one of these and doing a great job of running away from me in the FD,always appreciated them after that.

Be interested to see what happens to this one.

And it was prob near stock. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-chevrolet-corvette-z06-26/

That one has lower mileage but more owners. Everything works on mine including both door locks and no windshield chips but those seats do have less wrinkles. I also include an INSTALLED column lock bypass for free.

I am going to see what it costs to put it on there. I have had more no shows, tire kickers, and drama on this car than anything I have ever sold before. I had 3 people just yesterday flake out. I drove to meet someone the day previously and they let me know a minute before our meeting time that they had something come up all of a sudden. Covid issue? I am leaning that way as I am getting similar with my 01 subaru outback H6.

TTT

Edited by hpfiend

That one has lower mileage but more owners. Everything works on mine including both door locks and no windshield chips but those seats do have less wrinkles. I also include an INSTALLED column lock bypass for free.

I am going to see what it costs to put it on there. I have had more no shows, tire kickers, and drama on this car than anything I have ever sold before. I had 3 people just yesterday flake out. I drove to meet someone the day previously and they let me know a minute before our meeting time that they had something come up all of a sudden. Covid issue? I am leaning that way as I am getting similar with my 01 subaru outback H6.

TTT

Listing on bat is $99, but you’ll probably have to wait 4-8 weeks before your listing go live. If you decided to go with “no reserve” it’ll get list quicker.

TTT

You should also check out Doug Demuro’s site, http://www.carsandbids.com

Has anyone have experience selling with BAT?

Read a review that they set the reserve price to secure a sale ? true or just a salty comment ?

(I,m considering putting my FD up there)

Yes. The reserve you request is negotiated by them. I battled back and forth. I have talked to several high volume people selling through them and they guided me on how to handle it.

Their approach seems to be to balance securing a sale but also stepping down the reserve on NEW sellers like me. I vet. with more sales can secure a higher reserve. I didn't budge much and was prepared to go elsewhere but then they caved a bit.

They also reserve first right of purchase at the reserve if you're sale isn't met. THAT to me kinda pissed me off as they tried to really set me up for a low reserve and if for some reason the vehicle didn't sell they would have then swooped in to buy it at that price.

In the end look into both Hemmings and BaT.