Guy saves a strangers car from flood

iwashmycar

When I lived in Naples from '05-'08, I was proud of my '95 Corvette. I was working for Fifth Third at the time and we had a 5-story parking garage on the back of our 8-story office building. It was HUGE because the sun didn't beat down on your prized ride all day, errrday, and protected it from frequent afternoon storms in the spring/summer.

Because the drainage is so terrible in FL due to the water table being so high, every Tropical Storm or Hurricane hit (and there were many during those 3 years), there would be a bunch of cars that parked on the 2nd floor by the building side as a wind/rain/debris shield. My wife followed me to the garage in her Passat, I'd park/lock the Vette and we'd drive home to sit out the storm. We only evacuated once or twice, with the worst storm being Wilma in 2005, where we had no power all the way through Halloween.

I wish I took more pictures because it was like a car show; every Corvette/Porsche/classic/etc that employees loved was parked where we didn't have the garage space, or were fearful of flooding. We'd talk about it before and after storms. I only had my home garage flood once, but that was all it took for me to park the C4 at work.

tl;dr = the struggle is real for car guys when tropical storms hit low-lying areas.