Hazed headlamps ?

STEVE-O

Tim said he could do mine but I ended up selling the car before I worried about it. I can't remember what he said he would charge but I think it was $75...at least that's what's popping into my head and I can't recall if that was for the pair or each.

I tried fucking with some old car headlights that were hazed and pitted and it just wasn't working. I'm no expert but I wet-sanded and polished and they still looked ghetto so I just bought new ones. Just saying don't get your expectations up, but also Tim seems great at what he does so.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sanding and polishing (by hand) worked well when I tried on a Mazda. May depend on the housing plastic. You must use a UV protectant wax, and keep them waxed frequently afterward. Took about 2 hours of elbow grease.

$80 is pretty reasonable however for someone else to do it. Over $100 I'd do it myself again.

For future reference, Julius Poa does headlight lens reconditioning which involves wet-sanding, polishing, and application of clear bra film. The film protects in multiple ways including damage from UV and damage from stone chips.

I've used Blue Magic Headlight Lens Restorer a couple times. It worked really well for me to remove the hazing and yellowing.

I think all the big auto parts stores carry it.

I've done the sand an polish as well. It seemed to work better for really bad headlights, but it won't last unless you seal, clear, or clear bra.

http://www.bluemagicusa.com/repair-products/headlight-lens/

Dropping it with Tim and letting him work his magic on it

Good choice

Thanks x2 +

I'll fix them up and I 2k clear spray all mine. Just takes a bit more time as I mask off the entire vehicle under plastic to avoid any over spray whatsoever but it really is the best way to keep them from turning back over time.

Does anyone do lens replacement? I tried the wet-sand+polish+UV protectant and it just came back to shit after a year. I got a new set of lenses for our Cayenne but the housing adhesive isn’t “bakeable” so they need dremeled off. Would love to outsource this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the 3M system before, but it was a ton of work. It was for selling the car so I've not idea if it came back. It worked really well in the short term.

If I do it again, I might remove the headlights unless that was just too much work. I taped the shit out of the body but still hit one spot where it went through the tape. Even then I didn't get the edges of the lenses as well as the middles part.

I need to do this for my S2000 and will be keeping it for the foreseeable future so I'm also interested in solutions that work and stay that way.

The older the plastic the worse the results are in my experience. My 2007 Pilot lasted about a year the first time I had it done, and only maybe 3 months most recently. It doesn't help the car doesn't have a garage spot.

At this point aftermarket headlights probably cost as much as it would take to make the oem ones new again.

Tim will make yours look brand new.

The older the plastic the worse the results are in my experience. My 2007 Pilot lasted about a year the first time I had it done, and only maybe 3 months most recently. It doesn't help the car doesn't have a garage spot.

At this point aftermarket headlights probably cost as much as it would take to make the oem ones new again.

Tim will make yours look brand new.

And when we re-do your Pilot we will 2k clear them so they stay.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Fixed up a the 12yr old Subaru headlights tonight. I give them a 9/10 considering they done by someone previously who hit them with some pretty heavy grit paper and tried filling it with layers of clear.

Before and after example. 620587e2f0aacd1558179a087ecfb843.jpgeba7c0d0000a6a6c7d6d17bc60816963.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk