Got a new DD - 2019 ZR2

caseyctsv

So about 3 years ago I bought a house on 5 acres. Since then I have “needed” a truck. I have used my wife’s Volvo XC90 to carry everything you can imagine. I had the perfect DD in my 15 S4 but it was not helping on the truck front. I don’t need a full size as I have a trailer for oversized items and I HATE driving a full size. For whatever reason I have had a soft spot for these since the day they came out. After driving one I was sold. Bonus was it fits in the 3rd bay of my garage which is good as my wife parks in bay 1 like a potato with the lawn machinery in bay 2. So this is the DD with a C6 Z06 to come in the spring.

(I could have done without the sport bar, but it was a great deal)

6386ca1289a296427e326e710adf5c2e.jpg6dbd95dffd86945b4a5aa6e9dcf87510.jpg016da85a48cef03c484b4de8fe7ce9d3.jpg9f05c4ddbd34b18ccc563a5f72c851f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hell yeah, nice choice! Awesome color too :cool:

Thanks! Yeah once I saw the “Kinetic Blue” I knew that was the color I wanted. It is very metallic and pops in the sunlight. This one has the “Dusk” package so everything is blacked out. It looks a little too “bro truck” to me but overall I was sold.

LOVE IT! Really looks great. I drove one a year or so ago while killing time in Marysville and would own one for sure. Glad you settled on something that you like and works great for you. Given we've stepped up our plans to move to some land by several years, I could see this in my garage.

That a super nice truck....congrats.

keep an eye on the side curtain airbags - earlier ones were deploying on even light trails. Should be fixed for yours, but it never hurts to keep it in the back of your mind.

https://jalopnik.com/chevrolet-colorado-side-curtain-airbags-keep-deploying-1828951213

Congrats! I'm sure it will be plenty capable for you! I hauled a LOADED trailer from OH to CO with my Z71, and get to do stuff like this on the weekend. I'm sure yours will be even more fun! Nice color ;)

i2FhvLC.jpg

efd1R2A.jpg

fnTl75a.jpg

gMBK1e8.jpg

t5j8TPs.jpg

Very nice! Yeah the color was a “must have” after seeing it. I was just amazed at how nice it drives. I like the “tidier” proportions versus a full size in driving it every day.