☆~Donald Trump 2020~☆

AWW$HEEET

thats understandable for an unfortunate situation to stand out. on the flip side, it isnt fair to the individual person of the opposing to political spectrum side either way to make the same conclusions. ie business owner who had there property torched during the summer via riots who now targets anyone wearing black skinny jeans without having any proof or saying a white persons decendants who legally immigrated to the us as a low skill worker in the 1900s from a poor farming area is now guilty of slavery in the us in the 1800s.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DISCLAIMER to anyone reading this: I am not "fighting" or "arguing" and maybe not even disagreeing with what has been said. I am merely trying to seek a better understanding, hear others opinions, and gain more knowledge on these issues. I think we could ALL benefit from having REAL in person convo's with those we might not agree with or folks we may not see eye to eye with and finding common ground.

What a strange thing to say as we all go into a holiday weekend where some of us choose to not see our families.

FTFY.

Can't wait to eat deep fried turkey with my fam that I've seen multiple times a week as I always have this entire time.

And there you have it. How are we supposed to find common ground when we're working from a different set of facts?

EvjKBYE

"...a different set of FACTS" is hands down one of the funniest things I've ever read on the line. :lol: No offense. That was just REALLY funny to me.

Yes, Pelosi was dumb for her Chinese New Year's comment. She was trying to combat Trump's xenophobic rhetoric about how this was all China's fault. I mean fuck, at my kid's school they were playing Corona tag and running away from the Chinese kids, making them cry. So yes, Pelosi fucked up. Cuomo fucked too, for that matter. Trump fucked up bigger.

You can't point to a handful of things that Democrats got wrong and expect me not to see the facts before me that say, clear as day, Trump's handling of the pandemic was a disaster.

But good on you for caring about our local healthcare workers.

So they're all dumb (per your own admission here) and your kids and their peers need better parenting. That's what I'm getting from your post. Sounds to me, more than anything that parents and citizens are fucking up. Get your house in order first. Then you can worry about others.

Yeah, as someone who is vehemently against Trump AND the two party system folks CAN point to a HANDFUL of things that Dems got wrong AND expect you to see those align with what Trump has done wrong. Do you read the shit you type? :lol: Wrong is wrong, no matter the side. Just...lol.

Good for you for admitting "your side is wrong" but still somehow believing that both wings don't belong to the same bird. Just....ironing man...again. :lolguy:

My great aunt was murdered and cousin injured by a shooter that repeated Trump's extremist language about immigrants.

Aside from the death of your father and a dear friend of mine and my fams to COVID that we've discussed elsewhere THIS (which I hadn't read before or at least don't remember reading before from you) stands out.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am so sorry if some lunatic claimed the name of some bozo politician/egomaniac while murdering your fam (and honestly I'm interested in more of the story but it's not my business) but did Trump himself call for that or was it just some whack job extremist being an extremist? PLEASE understand that I am NOT trying to be disrespectful but as someone who believes in Christ I have lived my entire life being ridiculed for the actions that crazed extremists do as they claim Christ has called them to do when the reality is they're just mentally unstable or have their own ideas and agendas.

I am NOT a Trump supporter and have not voted for him either time but I also am not sure how he is the cause of these issues. I'm merely seeking understanding and to be educated. PLEASE don't take my typed words as anything else.

The national debt is out of control under Trump. I don't care about his tax break, it was fiscally irresponsible. Yes, I always like more cash in my pocket, but I would also like the cash that I have saved to continue to be worth something in the future and not leave a steaming pile of shit for my kids.

What politician has the nat debt NOT been "out of control" under? I'm not questioning you or saying you're wrong. Again, I'm seeking understanding. My entire life all I've heard about is how bad the nat debt is. Reagan (don't remember much about him really), Bush, Clinton, George W., Obama, and now Trump...it's all the same ol' story.

I'm genuinely asking so that I may better understand.

That scares the shit out of me. My wife is of Taiwanese and Chinese descent and I have had to listen to all of her terrified relatives warn her about being alone in public, not being out too late or after dark, listening to people say shit like "Kung Flu", and having people avoid us - just us - in the store. I worry every night for our future kids.

Do you think this is something that we ALL as parents can work against? Like, teaching our kids (as we do) that all the racial BS doesn't matter, not to watch the media (which NONE of my fam do), etc? I'd like to think that my boys, who are "white" in appearance, DGAF about anyone based on their gender, beliefs, or nationality. That's how I'm trying my damndest to raise them anyway.

Forget the politicians, forget the media, is this an "at home grass roots" prob/resolve?

FTFY.

Can't wait to eat deep fried turkey with my fam that I've seen multiple times a week as I always have this entire time.

You're right, it IS a choice. I'm choosing to listen to CDC recommendation and the urging of public health experts who are concerned about ICU capacity in Ohio right now. You're, I guess, choosing not to listen to those warnings.

Even if you disagree with my decision not to see my family, please accept that it fucking sucks right now, that my choices are to either not enjoy the holiday or feel guilty for putting healthcare workers under greater strain.

"...a different set of FACTS" is hands down one of the funniest things I've ever read on the line. :lol: No offense. That was just REALLY funny to me.

I'm surprised that's new to you, it's been part of the national vocabulary since Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway suggested early in 2017 that a different set of facts might explain why it appeared that Trump and Sean Spicer were lying about his inauguration attendance.

Yeah, as someone who is vehemently against Trump AND the two party system folks CAN point to a HANDFUL of things that Dems got wrong AND expect you to see those align with what Trump has done wrong. Do you read the shit you type? :lol: Wrong is wrong, no matter the side. Just...lol.

Good for you for admitting "your side is wrong" but still somehow believing that both wings don't belong to the same bird. Just....ironing man...again. :lolguy:

There's a difference in scope and scale. Pelosi foolishly encouraging people to get together for Chinese New Year and Trump foolishly encouraging people to LIBERATE MICHIGAN are not the same thing. Like, not even the same sport.

Somewhere upthread someone said that saying "But Trump" was typical liberal deflection or something along those lines. So here we have a case of someone asking for a way that Trump made my life worse, and I answered -- his poor handling of the pandemic made my life worse. "But Pelosi" was the response. Is that a valid response, or is it typical liberal deflection?

Aside from the death of your father and a dear friend of mine and my fams to COVID that we've discussed elsewhere THIS (which I hadn't read before or at least don't remember reading before from you) stands out.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am so sorry if some lunatic claimed the name of some bozo politician/egomaniac while murdering your fam (and honestly I'm interested in more of the story but it's not my business) but did Trump himself call for that or was it just some whack job extremist being an extremist?

I never posted about it here before, but this was the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. The guy was an extremist that thought Trump wasn't far enough to the right, but that doesn't exonerate Trump from fueling this man's ideology. He used Trump's words of a migrant invasion, and subscribed to conspiracy theories (fueled by Trump, other Republicans, like Matt Gaetz, and right wing media) that the migrant caravan was organized by opposition groups to make Trump look bad before mid-term elections and was being paid for by George Soros, who is constantly used as an antisemitic trope.

The migrant caravan was portrayed by Trump and his allies as an existential threat to the American way of life, a plot to invade the country with immigrant minorities and give them voting rights. It played right into white supremacists replacement theory, then added Soros (aka the Jews) as the puppet master pulling the strings.

There has been a huge rise in white supremecy and antisemitism under Trump, and it's no coincidence. It's been fueled by his rhetoric. He spreads fear. He creates an enemy that motivates people to take sides; good vs evil. And some people take it as a call to arms.

My dad's death was 2 years (to the day) of my great aunt's funeral.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

You're right, it IS a choice. I'm choosing to listen to CDC recommendation and the urging of public health experts who are concerned about ICU capacity in Ohio right now. You're, I guess, choosing not to listen to those warnings.

Even if you disagree with my decision not to see my family, please accept that it fucking sucks right now, that my choices are to either not enjoy the holiday or feel guilty for putting healthcare workers under greater strain.

I respect whatever you choose to do and feel is in the best interest of you and yours. No qualms from me. To be condescending to anyone who disagrees with anything you feel or believe or have an opinion of, election, COVID, or otherwise, is unbecoming. I 100% agree with you and support your decision, personally. I am not one to disparage anyone for doing anything they feel is best for them and theirs so long as it doesn't harm or affect others.

Also, don't make assumptions. My "bubble" has stayed much smaller than usual during all of this and I have worn my mask when necessary. I'm not against distancing. Our large extended fam gathering has been cancelled. I'll still "celebrate" with my folks and immediate fam since they watch our kids and we interact on the reg regardless. I also won't totally let someone dictate what I do. I know that can be taken in a variety of ways on the line via text but that's the simplest way I can state it here.

I'm surprised that's new to you, it's been part of the national vocabulary since Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway suggested early in 2017 that a different set of facts might explain why it appeared that Trump and Sean Spicer were lying about his inauguration attendance.

I never stated it wasn't. "Alternative facts" and "a diff set of facts" I view in the same vein. I'm also not surprised that you are using something that you are also making fun of, but that's neither here nor there...I think.

Two wings, one bird, ironing man, and all that.

There's a difference in scope and scale. Pelosi foolishly encouraging people to get together for Chinese New Year and Trump foolishly encouraging people to LIBERATE MICHIGAN are not the same thing. Like, not even the same sport.

Somewhere upthread someone said that saying "But Trump" was typical liberal deflection or something along those lines. So here we have a case of someone asking for a way that Trump made my life worse, and I answered -- his poor handling of the pandemic made my life worse. "But Pelosi" was the response. Is that a valid response, or is it typical liberal deflection?

This seems awfully convenient...depending on who you are and what you believe.

I never posted about it here before, but this was the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. The guy was an extremist that thought Trump wasn't far enough to the right, but that doesn't exonerate Trump from fueling this man's ideology. He used Trump's words of a migrant invasion, and subscribed to conspiracy theories (fueled by Trump, other Republicans, like Matt Gaetz, and right wing media) that the migrant caravan was organized by opposition groups to make Trump look bad before mid-term elections and was being paid for by George Soros, who is constantly used as an antisemitic trope.

The migrant caravan was portrayed by Trump and his allies as an existential threat to the American way of life, a plot to invade the country with immigrant minorities and give them voting rights. It played right into white supremacists replacement theory, then added Soros (aka the Jews) as the puppet master pulling the strings.

There has been a huge rise in white supremecy and antisemitism under Trump, and it's no coincidence. It's been fueled by his rhetoric. He spreads fear. He creates an enemy that motivates people to take sides; good vs evil. And some people take it as a call to arms.

Once again I am so sorry for your loss. Truly. I am not going to disparage what you've gone through or try to negate your feelings. I'm not arguing FOR Trump or against anything. I'm just not sure, and this is my sole belief (again, as someone who hasn't supported Trump as a reality TV whatever, much less the POTUS), that I can say that those deaths are HIS fault.

He's a buffoon and I personally believe he's too ignorant to understand the "big picture". I more wonder about those "behind the throne" and the "powers that be", but I may be talking apples while you're talking oranges and obv I have not dealt with what you have so I digress and will try to be understanding of your experiences and what you've had to deal with. I just haven't seen that on a larger scale myself.

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Once again I am so sorry for your loss. Truly. I am not going to disparage what you've gone through or try to negate your feelings. I'm not arguing FOR Trump or against anything. I'm just not sure, and this is my sole belief (again, as someone who hasn't supported Trump as a reality TV whatever, much less the POTUS), that I can say that those deaths are HIS fault.

He's a buffoon and I personally believe he's too ignorant to understand the "big picture".

Most (if not all) of Trump's supporters will also say that he had no culpability in the shooting, citing the shooters disapproval of Trump as the sole reason (he was still too "globalist" for him). However, his ideology was completely fueled and validated by Trump and his allies words. He's not without blame.

I said my piece in the post above, but there have also been OpEd's in the media that say the same.

Here's one from the Atlantic. The Washington Post is behind a pay wall and there are others out there, but they all take similar positions.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/caravan-lie-sparked-massacre-american-jews/574213/

I know that can be taken in a variety of ways on the line via text but that's the simplest way I can state it here.

Sure. Please understand that saying "It's your choice" makes it seem like you don't think it's a difficult choice, and saying "I'm getting together with family anyway" makes it seem like many are sacrificing in vain. If your situation allows it just know that that makes you lucky, and maybe don't rub it in. I suspect if we were having this conversation face to face and I said I was bummed I couldn't get together with family, you wouldn't have said either of those things.

This seems awfully convenient...depending on who you are and what you believe.

If this tactic bothers you, why didn't you call out nurkvinny for bringing up Pelosi and Cuomo in response to criticism about Trump? You gave him a pass while writing a couple of essays towards me. Is it because you just don't like me?

Most (if not all) of Trump's supporters will also say that he had no culpability in the shooting, citing the shooters disapproval of Trump as the sole reason (he was still too "globalist" for him). However, his ideology was completely fueled and validated by Trump and his allies words. He's not without blame.

I said my piece in the post above, but there have also been OpEd's in the media that say the same.

Here's one from the Atlantic. The Washington Post is behind a pay wall and there are others out there, but they all take similar positions.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/caravan-lie-sparked-massacre-american-jews/574213/

I'm not discrediting what you're saying but I refuse to let any media/OpEd be my basis for an understanding of how an individual acts or has acted. I willfully and knowingly respect your piece and feelings and can sympathize with them but no media outlet can convince me of true motive They all have an agenda. Over the years I have seen too many stories and what not presented as "news" and "factual" but the reality is so much is based on what gets ratings and who can report it the fastest.

Basically, I respect you over them...or something...I guess. I hope I'm conveying my feelings clearly.

I don't think Trump is "without blame" because he is, as I have said several times over an egotistical buffoon, but I also feel it's SUPER easy to pass more blame than is due to any one leader, be it political or religious or whatever, than there is cause for. Maybe I'm wrong. That's happened twice before.

Sure. Please understand that saying "It's your choice" makes it seem like you don't think it's a difficult choice, and saying "I'm getting together with family anyway" makes it seem like many are sacrificing in vain. If your situation allows it just know that that makes you lucky, and maybe don't rub it in. I suspect if we were having this conversation face to face and I said I was bummed I couldn't get together with family, you wouldn't have said either of those things.

Perhaps, and I agree a LOT is lost in text be it on CR, FB, or text messages or whatever. I also could say the same about most of your comments here and what you have, at least seemingly so, condemned others of, so I will digress and agree that things are lost in context.

I would venture to say that in person you also wouldn't have said MANY of the things you have to myself, Panduh, or the others. Maybe you would have, and that's ok too. I don't know you in person so I can only go off of our convo here, and I understand that my perception from your typed words may not fully convey your intentions, but most of your posts have been very condescending on the surface as read. I've not been offended at all and have rarely replied but I have noticed a pattern.

If you took my post as "rubbing it in" consider all of your demeaning post-election posts toward the conservatives/Trump supporters. There has been a LOT of "rubbing it in" from you in this very thread. Mainly I've lol'd at both sides, but at least admit to being a pot while calling the kettle black. I surely will if I am. Maybe I have been. I dunno.

If my post came across as boasting or condescending my apologies. That wasn't my intentions. I do see how they could be perceived as such though. I was also trying to convey my disdain for having to cancel my extended fam holiday celebrations that we've NEVER missed, but maybe my typed words missed the mark. My bad.

If this tactic bothers you, why didn't you call out nurkvinny for bringing up Pelosi and Cuomo in response to criticism about Trump? You gave him a pass while writing a couple of essays towards me. Is it because you just don't like me?

Honestly I didn't see his reply...and as of this writing I still haven't but I'll go back and read it. I merely missed it apparently. Didn't even see a thing from him.

NONE of this is personal. I see a lot coming from BOTH sides and I am just trying to learn more from each and those that support both and stay as unbiased as possible. Pre-election I saw a LOT more crap flung from the right wing (while you slung your fair share). Post election it's been a lot more from you. Just an observation.

I hold no grudges against anyone, agree or disagree, especially if I don't know them personally. PLEASE understand that.

There has been a LOT of "rubbing it in" from you in this very thread.

If I've "rubbed in" the Biden victory anywhere in this thread, please point it out to me and I'll apologize. I have "rubbed in" Trump not being able to produce any evidence of election fraud. Is that condescending? Probably. But I think some things are worthy of derision. It's hard to point out when someone is wrong without being condescending, and especially hard for me to do it -- that's a personality flaw I've carried my whole life, and it certainly comes out much more on the internet than in person.

So... what tactics can we employ to get people to stop buying into obvious lies from conmen that aren't condescending? When we can't even get them to admit that they got conned? I guess "not even try" is an option, but then, like you, I only come back to this thread for entertainment. I don't think anyone here takes it seriously.

And, as they say, it takes two to tango, and I certainly haven't escaped any name calling or insults here. Or a lecture or two :)

It's hard to point out when someone is wrong without being condescending, and especially hard for me to do it -- that's a personality flaw I've carried my whole life, and it certainly comes out much more on the internet than in person.

I can relate with and respect that.

So... what tactics can we employ to get people to stop buying into obvious lies from conmen that aren't condescending? When we can't even get them to admit that they got conned? I guess "not even try" is an option, but then, like you, I only come back to this thread for entertainment. I don't think anyone here takes it seriously.

And, as they say, it takes two to tango, and I certainly haven't escaped any name calling or insults here. Or a lecture or two :)

Bruh, I'm not a smart enough man to have a "right" answer for this. :lol:

It does take 2 to tango. As I've taken to on social media and as you might have noticed throughout this thread vs me from years ago (if you recall me from years ago) I tend to abstain....most of the time.

I think all the media and the powers that be want is division. I think we're fools if we allow ourselves to be divided. Truth is most of us are quite similar with minute differences that are amplified by the talking heads. I've done my best to deter that...and have failed at times.

I'm choosing to listen to CDC recommendations

I'm not saying they're wrong, but certainly don't take everything they say as gospel. I can't speak for the COVID pandemic, but I can certainly tell you that those fuckers were just grasping at straws with what to do during the looming Ebola outbreak a few years back.

I've found that the general public feels that 'The Powers That Be' have all the answers and guidance. In reality, you'll find that a lot of them are human just like the rest of us and often times don't have a clue what to do. If they came out and just said "We don't know", can you imagine the panic? It's often times best, relatively educated, guess.

I realize its all we've got to work with, so do with it what you will.

I'm certainly sorry to hear about your situation; its awful. I'm also not condoning what Trump may or may not have said. He says a lot of stupid shit.

But, the fact that we put blame on the guy for what some whackjob did is reaching a bit and looking for a scapegoat, IMO. Did Trump tell him to go do that? No. Did he even suggest it? No. The guy was a nutcase whether Trump was president or not. He took what Trump said, and twisted it into his own perversion. I put this in line with blaming guns for mass shootings. Those fuckers were crazy before they got ahold of a gun. Quit trying to place blame on something or someone besides the individual that committed the heinous act.

there have also been OpEd's in the media that say the same.

OpEds? Seriously?

Every time I read that trump is anti-semitic..it make me laugh as it shows you are getting all your info from cnn/msnbc or the 3 major news outlets.

You do realize his son in law is jewish and his grandchildern (from this same man) are half jewish.

Also you realize he moved the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

Please fact check your stuff before posting.

Every time I read that trump is anti-semitic..it make me laugh as it shows you are getting all your info from cnn/msnbc or the 3 major news outlets.

You do realize his son in law is jewish and his grandchildern (from this same man) are half jewish.

Also you realize he moved the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

Please fact check your stuff before posting.

Are you fucking serious?

You do understand just because you are related to a jew by marriage that it doesn't automatically mean you are suddenly not antisemitic? Like that's not how this works, at all. It's not a goddamn hall pass.

Emil Maurice was Jew who founded the SS, an early Nazi party member, and was a personal close friend of Hitler going back to 1919, by your logic Hitler isn't antisemitic because he had a close personal Jewish friend that also worked for him. Stephen Miller, who works for Trump, is Jewish and also a White Nationalist (in case you forgot it's not speculation its in his own words: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/14/stephen-miller-leaked-emails-white-nationalism-trump ). This idea that jews, or friends of jews, or spouses, grandparents, can't be antisemitic is false. Again, no such thing as a hall pass.

I'm sorry dude, but this it literally the dumbest shit I have seen written here.

Also, do you think this guy gives a shit about his family? Dude once re-gifted a set of monogrammed towels back to the son that gave it to him without realizing it, and has made veiled suggestions he'd like to screw his daughter. I don't know what his private family home life is like, but his public one looks like he views kids as a tool to immortalize his legacy so again, just because he has Jewish grand kids doesn't grant him a hall pass.

Trump traffics in stereotypes, and that doesn't exclude the Jewish people. But don't take my word for it here is a good analysis of some of the antisemitic things he has said or done by an independent centrist source:

https://theweek.com/articles/835714/what-donald-trump-said-about-jews

too "lefty" for you?

how about the WSJ?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-comments-intensify-concerns-among-republican-donors-1468155601

I am just going to come out and say that you really don't understand antisemitism at fucking all. You aren't part of the tribe, you haven't been a victim of it, you have little to no experience with it and statements like the above clearly show you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. So please do us all a favor and sit down and shut the fuck up about it

Signed,

A jew.

P.S. I am done pretending to be nice to "conservatives" willing to overlook that their party got in bed with White Supremacy, Nazi's, and other overwhelmingly obvious racists just because y'all wanted some tax breaks. Its fucking stupid, you all are complicit in this. If you aren't smart enough to figure out that being on the same side as fucking ACTUAL NAZI's is bad, you aren't the decent human beings you think you are.

/rant.

Edited by Geeto67

A jew...when it's convenient.

Fuck you too Otis.

It's an ethnicity not just a religion. So yeah, not one when it is convenient is usually when some white supremacist piece of shit is looking at my hook nose and trying to figure out just how "jewy" am I. Do you want to guess how often that happens? or are you content with making racist jokes just because you find them funny? You wanna drop some N-word jokes in there too while you are at it?

One more question, serious this time. Do you guys really run into white supremacists on the regular? Am I just living in a bubble?? I mean, I understand that there are a lot of shitty people out there, but I like to believe that as a whole most people are genuinely good people. Manners, responsibility, and courtesy are another story, but decent at the core, I hope.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Fuck you too Otis.

It's an ethnicity not just a religion. So yeah, not one when it is convenient is usually when some white supremacist piece of shit is looking at my hook nose and trying to figure out just how "jewy" am I. Do you want to guess how often that happens? or are you content with making racist jokes just because you find them funny? You wanna drop some N-word jokes in there too while you are at it?

If you quoted me and saw the reply, which I disguised as a white text, you'd see "Issa joke". You didn't and that's ok. I hid it. My bad I suppose. I'll own that one.

Furthermore nobody here (that I have noticed) has ever made a joke about your nose or anything else. Literally nobody on CR, CB, FB, or in person (while I've been present anyway) from here has mentioned it. I don't even think you have a "hook nose". Honestly, and I mean this sincerely, this is the first time I've ever even read/heard the term "hook nose". Maybe I'm sheltered. I never noticed anything odd about your nose and find it odd you bring it up as if I or anyone else here has.

Apparently I have mistaken your past jests in CB on the subject and offended you. That was certainly not my intention. I was merely playing off of what you have lead me to think in the past and I apologize. You've made light of it before and therefore I thought the joke would be understood based on our (again) past interactions. Apparently I was wrong. I'll own it.

Honestly, if you want my opinion based on seeing you in person and in pics several times, I wouldn't think anyone would be trying to figure out how "jewy" you are (in your words, not mine) based on your appearance and guess it's happened literally zero times, but I also am not you and don't live your experiences so I will not make assumptions. Maybe it's happened a million times. I have no way of knowing that information. I just never noticed anything about your appearance that stood out that you would be chastised for but, again, I am not you and I will not just assume you've never had a neg experience based on your ethnicity.

I'm content with making jokes to an extent. I love the likes of Ralphie May, Dave Chappelle, Gabriel Iglesias, and several others, as they joke with and share stories with and about friends and what not and speak often on race, religion, politics, and many other topics most shy away from (BTW, if you haven't checked out "The Cabin" on NF with Bert Kreischer I HIGHLY recommend it. Hilarious).

To say, "You wanna drop some N-word jokes in there too while you are at it?" shows how unwarranted your offense is. I said nothing of your heritage, nothing racist at ALL (please show me where I used a slur against any ethnicity), and it's off base and asinine. I didn't call you a name, derogatory or otherwise, and this is reaching. Hard.

So, if my joke offended you I will apologize by saying that wasn't my intentions, AT ALL, but I also feel as though, based on some of your jokes and jabs at others, you're kinda being overly sensitive. I did not intend to offend you so I am sorry that you took offense to my reply.

..but...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3f/3fc6532ee77569a992a684051054f6baf6ee7b27bb47da47c27c85581c7ff9c6.jpg

Also, to drop in CB as I step away and say, and I quote:

Hey randy, I like you dude but you owe me an apology for your racist bullshit. In person. think about it. I'm out.

...is not appealing, nor do I have any interest in being demanded to do anything. Mainly because if an apology is demanded I don't feel it's genuine anyway. Also, if you're calling my joke with you, who I have joked back and forth with many times, "racist bullshit" and DEMANDING that I meet you in person just to apologize I am far less likely to do so.

I also like you, dude, but don't tell me I owe you anything over doing nothing more than you have done yourself to several others in the past and don't try to do it in CB of all places. You have my number, are on FB, and can PM. We can meet up. We can chat. That was silly though. I wasn't even at my PC.

Fuck you too Otis.

The reason Jews have big noses is because air is free.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f2hnnheyvuhpxhojp79qcduljobr3gzh0jqr9twl&rid=giphy.gif

Blah blah Blah too long of an explination as to how your racist joke is somehow not racist

Yes I know it was intended to be a joke. It wasn't funny. You know why? Because every person of a group that is discriminated against is a member when it is convenient and not a member when it is not (if they are able). It is the camouflage that is necessary to survival. Sometimes it can be isolating. So to use that fact to diminish ANY justified feelings directed at some ignorant clown who is speaking out of their depth isn't funny - It is the heart of racism in this country, and the ugliness that allows it to persist. I am somehow not "allowed" to be this thing that I can't escape just because I choose to hide it sometime out of necessity. It was funny to you, it was a big fuck you to me.

...is not appealing, nor do I have any interest in being demanded to do anything. Mainly because if an apology is demanded I don't feel it's genuine anyway. Also, if you're calling my joke with you, who I have joked back and forth with many times, "racist bullshit" and DEMANDING that I meet you in person just to apologize I am far less likely to do so.

I also like you, dude, but don't tell me I owe you anything over doing nothing more than you have done yourself to several others in the past and don't try to do it in CB of all places. You have my number, are on FB, and can PM. We can meet up. We can chat. That was silly though. I wasn't even at my PC.

I am not demanding anything Randy. I am telling you that you have wronged me and giving you the opportunity to act like a man and own the responsibility of your actions by making it right. I am telling you in clear and no uncertain terms what what you can do that would make me satisfied, and leaving it up to you to decide how to handle it. Right now, based on this "I don't want to be demanded" rant I would say that rating is poor. I am not expecting any "special trip", you can do it when you come to pick up your bike (when I finish putting it back together). But I am letting you know that I won't be satisfied by some half assed internet apology. I want to look into your eyes and have a conversation with you about it like men.

One more question, serious this time. Do you guys really run into white supremacists on the regular? Am I just living in a bubble?? I mean, I understand that there are a lot of shitty people out there, but I like to believe that as a whole most people are genuinely good people. Manners, responsibility, and courtesy are another story, but decent at the core, I hope.

For a simple question, this is has a complex answer...because, well, people are complex.

Do I run into people who self identify as white supremacists? very rarely, but that is kinda the point isn't it. I mean, a neo-nazi isn't going to come out and tell you they are a neo nazi. Andrew Anglin who does self identify as a neo-nazi and runs the daily stormer grew up and lives in Worthington, but if you met him on the street do you think he'd tell you that he was one? It's happened a few times, mostly where I will meet someone, have a great conversation about a common interest (cars, bikes, airplanes, guitars) and after a few conversations I'll friend them on FB, and see that...oh yeah...they repost a lot of openly neo-nazi stuff. It used to happen a lot more when I was younger and had friends in 1% clubs who had connections to those organizations, but most of the time those guys didn't want to associate with me because my name gave it away. Even if they weren't sure and ethnically Irish first name and an ethnically Italian last name were enough of a red flag that I was probably not one of them.

Do I meet people that don't think of themselves as "white supremacists" but say white supremacy things? All the time. Hell I caught my mother texting a white supremacist meme (the "you came from there to here, now go back") to people because she was mad at new developers in her town. From that point you have to gauge just how much of what they are saying they believe and how much is them mad at something else and misinterpreting it. I'd say maybe every 1 in 5 isn't trying to say something else and is aware of the ugly history behind some veiled remarks. But every so often you find that one who go a little further, doesn't think of themselves as racist but says things like "stereotypes exist for a reason" in response to something ugly and untrue. I find those same people use the term Jew'ed him down and N****r rigged like it's nothing and think it's the other person's problem when people get uncomfortable around them. there is no black and white test for it, it's on a spectrum.

That said I do want to take a pause for a second to acknowledge how effective white supremacy is at marketing, esp to a conservative audience. It's not hard to find people outraged about something, and its less hard to find a way to tap into that while making subtle references to white superiority that a person will ignore and adopt just because they want to be vocal about their anger but can't express it themselves. Conservatism has historically been a political position of mostly angry white men, and has always been in bed with white supremacy since long before this country was founded, for a while men like William F Buckley and Barry Goldwater tried to at least keep it at bay and out of the party, but they died without successors. If you are a conservative and have not come to terms with the massive historical racisim that persists in that political viewpoint and are not working to weed it out - then you are complicit in accepting that it is just a part of being a conservative.

Back to the original question. Lets take someone like Mace. Do I think he is personally antisemitic? no. Do I think he is a bad person? also no. Do I think he is ignorant, in every possible sense of the word, on antisemitism? yes. I am sure all his friends say he's a nice guy, and he even thinks of himself as that. However he has so little experience with it and such a strong desire to identify with a particular ideology that he is willing to be, as Greg put it, conned by a conned man into thinking that saying "I want my money counted by people wearing yarmulkes" and that "Jewish people aren't really Americans because of their loyalty to Israel" (both things the president actually said) are not antisemitic things.

Do I think Donald Trump is racist? I don't think he identifies as one or is working toward a clear white supremacist agenda but he says and does racist things all the time. I call it Boomer racist: resoundingly ignorant about anything but the white rich experience and has a lot of wrongly preconceived notions about people based on their race, ethnicity, background, et al, but chalks it up to being "old fashioned" and just using common sense. I do think he is an opportunist and sees value in exploiting the more extreme believers of white supremacy and hires people that support them and says things that gets supporters fired up.