Reasonable Winter Storage Rates?

Franchi

I am looking at buying a nice property in a few months potentially, 5 acres of land with 2 houses on it, plus large detached garage and a barn.

The detached garage could hold probably about 8 cars or so and the barn currently is being used for boat storage for a few folks but also could hold 8-12 cars if boats were gone.

My question to CR is, what would be considered a reasonable monthly rate to store other people's cars at my property? Both have electric so could hook up trickle chargers and are insulated but not actively heated. Location is off Cherry bottom rd so 5 mins from Morse and 8 mins from Easton.

Eventually I would be building my own home there and using the space for my own cars and a giant woodshop but that wouldn't be for 3-4 years and thinking of ways to utilize the space somehow vs it just sitting there.

I've always stored my own fun cars at my house but is renting space like that out still a thing that people do? It would likely only be to CR or various car buddies, not an open invite to the general public as not about to have any potential drama introduced to my life over a couple bucks a month.

I do not know the details of how insurance would work, but that would be worth looking into as well. Would hate to have one person's vehicle catch on fire and burn down the entire building and then try to figure out the liability thing.

And to answer your question: To me, $50/mo. for inside (open) storage with trickle charger plug seems like a good/great deal!

• 2 weeks later...
Valid point. I have a decent umbrella but I doubt it would cover something like that. I'd have to look into that as well.

The person would still need to have the vehicle insured for fire/thief.

The person would still need to have the vehicle insured for fire/thief.

But if I only had liability on my car and someone else’s accident caused my vehicle to be damaged while in storage I would imagine without the right home owners Insurnace you would be looking at a pretty ugly civil suit

• 3 weeks later...
I pay $200 for a solid 5 months or so of storage on one of my cars. Basically whenever I want to drop it off and pick it up. It's in a locked pole barn, with a couple other cars, nothing special, but it's out of the way for the winter.