Meyers Manx lives on!

zeitgeist57

looking at it more... there going electric. that will get a luke warm reception at best with the aircooled vw crowd. hopefully its not looked at as a super bettle.

California (all lib-bashing aside) is probably 1)One of the largest markets for Meyers Manx, and 2)One of the first and strongest state car markets that's going electric.

I think it's a smart move TBH...will still make bodies and parts for Manx builders and owners I'm sure.

looking at it more... there going electric. that will get a luke warm reception at best with the aircooled vw crowd. hopefully its not looked at as a super bettle.

If they do it decent, I'll sign up for an all electric dune buggy that's street legal. Hopefully it's better than all the golf carts running around.

yea well see. the only saving grace for them is the name and engine swaps have become more acceptable in the community some what. with several friends who have had photos or features in vw trends/hot vws, i know how picky they can be. kerry does bring up a good point in that they may price themselves out of the market. compared to what you can buy off thesamba.com today.

yea well see. the only saving grace for them is the name and engine swaps have become more acceptable in the community some what. with several friends who have had photos or features in vw trends/hot vws, i know how picky they can be. kerry does bring up a good point in that they may price themselves out of the market. compared to what you can buy off thesamba.com today.

I expect it to become "trendy" if they are targeting the electric space. My hope is that even if they do hit that target, the end goal will drive current platform retrofits into an affordable region but we will see.

another wrinkle is getting manx's/replica's road legal depending on the state and that can play a part in having trouble increasing there sales. i agree well see and i wish them the best.

If they continue to sell kits, then road legal becomes the builders issue and honestly it should be fine. Kit cars are still a non-issue even in california, and esp if you use a donor vehicle for the chassis.

If they do turnkey, there still might be an exemption for limited production manufacturers, they might fall into but it gets increasingly harder.