RIP Hollywood

wagner

Well, looks like the movie industry is taking it in the shorts with no lube. COVID was the tipping event that has finally pushed them over the edge.

What this guy has to say is pretty spot on and in line with some of the stuff I've heard from others. I don't know a single person who has an HBOMax subscription or talks about it. The only thing I know of on there is the Raised By Wolves show which looks good, but I'm not paying for another streaming service for one show, or a bunch of shit movies.

I feel bad for the people who make the movie industry work on the labor side, not the people running it.

I honestly haven't followed it much, but I think we will still see movies. Actually I think we will see better more original movies on lower budgets instead of the endless stream of mega block buster hero movie garbage that's coming out of there now. The big budgets will be gone but I think that mostly means less money for the ultra rich and mega stars. Movies, and as I note below the amazing volume of high quality TV will still feed the industry, especially the workers there.

And they made a Matrix 4... dear god why? At least it still has Keanue and one of the Wachowskis involved. I assumed it wouldn't since that is what typically happens, due to time and difficult with puling something like that together after so long.

Titans is pretty sweet and some of the movies are good.

I had forgotten about that, the first few episodes are really good but that's as far as I had gotten in it. I can't remember where I was watching it through, but I don't think it was HBO. I think it was available either on Hulu or Prime in Canada or Japan, via using a VPN.

I would argue that many of the good mini-series/series like this are long form movies, and much better than many of the for theater movies that have come out lately. This is the direction I think the industry has been going anyway, due to customer demand; enabled due to streaming technology and much better audio and video at home. COVID is just blowing out the already slowly extinguishing flame of mega theaters more quickly.

The theater experience has been so bad the few times I've gone in the past 5-7 years they can all close and I will not miss them a bit.

The industry has had a decade to figure out a new business model and they spent most of it filing lawsuits against kids in their parents basements.

I honestly haven't followed it much, but I think we will still see movies. Actually I think we will see better more original movies on lower budgets instead of the endless stream of mega block buster hero movie garbage that's coming out of there now. The big budgets will be gone but I think that mostly means less money for the ultra rich and mega stars. Movies, and as I note below the amazing volume of high quality TV will still feed the industry, especially the workers there.

And they made a Matrix 4... dear god why? At least it still has Keanue and one of the Wachowskis involved. I assumed it wouldn't since that is what typically happens, due to time and difficult with puling something like that together after so long.

I had forgotten about that, the first few episodes are really good but that's as far as I had gotten in it. I can't remember where I was watching it through, but I don't think it was HBO. I think it was available either on Hulu or Prime in Canada or Japan, via using a VPN.

I would argue that many of the good mini-series/series like this are long form movies, and much better than many of the for theater movies that have come out lately. This is the direction I think the industry has been going anyway, due to customer demand; enabled due to streaming technology and much better audio and video at home. COVID is just blowing out the already slowly extinguishing flame of mega theaters more quickly.

I agree about some of the higher quality tv shows lately. Vikings has been a favorite of mine since it first aired. My family recently went through the show The Crown on Netflix. I don't care about the royal family at all, but that show was very well done, especially the cinematography.

As a life long Star Wars fan that didn't like most of the new Disney Star Wars movies (The Force Awakens and Rogue One were ok), The Mandalorian has gotten things back on track, IMHO.

No cares here. We have NetFlix, Prime and I use my Roku for many of the rentals, etc. but even there, I'm not spending $12-20 on "new release" just to rent it at my home. $4 to $6 sure but not more. Especially given this crap on the list of what's coming out.

Give me the new Top Gun Movie, and I'll probably just buy-it to have both and call it a day. Until then, there's plenty of streaming stuff that's good.

In the end, once 2021 and more normalcy comes about the last thing anyone is going to want to do is stay plopped down on the couch watching TV. Get out and do shit. I'm not going through another summer like this one next year.

We have Disney +, Netflix, Amazon, and HBO Max. Haven't had cable in years. We stayed in a hotel recently and got a reminder of just how much cable and commercials suck. Don't miss it.

We cut cable earlier this year and have Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+, there are also YouTube videos as well that we watch plus FloRacing. We really didn't go to the movies much before COVID because there was nothing worth spending a minimum of $20-$30 to watch in the theater.

One of the hosts we use has worked in TV and Hollywood for a while, the stories he tells about that industry are scary. The pedo rings are real and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

My company has a video production arm and the downward spiral of Hollywood is helping our business. People are now realizing that spending the big money on projects really isn't needed anymore with so many smaller companies out there that have better talent for an affordable rate.

FYI, You get free hbo max if you have an Amazon prime account.

Oh NICE! Do you just sign into HBO Max with your Prime login or what?

Edit: "You can add HBO on Prime Video Channels to your Prime membership for $14.99/month. To do this, go to amazon.com/HBO and start your free trial (an eligible Prime membership is required)." So it's an extra $14.99/mo on top of Prime?

0 fucks given.

I am one who actually liked watching movies in theaters, however, I certainly would prefer they just be direct to digital. In today's age, there's really no reason to push them into theaters first, that I am aware of. Let's just skip that nonsense and bring them straight to my living room. I feel like this has been a long time coming and the pandemic just forced it to happen sooner.

Hollywood has been a steaming pile of shit for years now. Hopefully this gets them back on track of putting out some quality content instead of billion dollar blockbusters which are all the same. Oh, and maybe Michael Bay will get COVID and die. That would help.

Its pretty good. I really appreciate how its just superheros and villains. It's not trying to make a political statement or push some agenda, its literally just awesome fighting and superheros.

OMG COME BACK AND TELL US HOW?!?!?!? :D
Hahaha. Get/go to the app on your tv, it'll go to an activation code and site to log into.

Go to that site and choose "Prime video channels" as your provider. ( This is the part that was throwing me, I was looking for "Amazon".)

Worked right away.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Oh NICE! Do you just sign into HBO Max with your Prime login or what?

Edit: "You can add HBO on Prime Video Channels to your Prime membership for $14.99/month. To do this, go to amazon.com/HBO and start your free trial (an eligible Prime membership is required)." So it's an extra $14.99/mo on top of Prime?

It wasn't for me. I guess maybe I should verify, but I wasn't asked for any charge approval or free trial nonsense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk