Anyone know anything about treadmills?

jerrodh

Had a big old heavy one that worked great before we moved. Sold it because I didn't want to move it. Wife wants another one thats smaller/easier to move/etc. One she could hopefully move and fold up/etc.

So coming to CR for their infinite wisdom.

- Smaller profile would be best for the space.

- Lighter weight so it can be folded up/easier to move.

- Cheaper the better as always.

Could buy new but if anyone knows of some specific models I could maybe start searching the marketplace for too would be great.

I'm in Cleveland too so if someone happens to have one here that probably wont be much help. Thanks though. :)

Long time ago I bought a Sole treadmill. I found it on Ebay as a local pickup only. I guess the big question is whether you are going to just walk on it, jog, or run. Also if you're my size then you probably want a heavier duty version. If you're a bigger guy and you want to run and are going to use it, then I would say bite the bullet and get a bigger, heavier, more permanent unit. If it's going to be a glorified coat rack, then get smaller and cheaper, or not get one at all. I know that goes against what you asked for, but cheaper, smaller, lighter only really works for when you're not using it.

/\/\

What he said. Smaller, lighter, cheaper = not as steady a platform, belt can slip occasionally, button adjustment sucks.

If looking to save a few bucks, recommend checking out some good quality brands and then just scanning local venues to get one used. They will be much harder to find right now due to the pandemic.

Went through this a year ago, and for new models it holds true that you get what you pay for.

We ended up with a NordicTrack Commercial 1750 (just a higher-end residential unit) during a good sale. It is a rather large and heavy unit, however, so may not fit your needs (it does fold and roll). With lighter/smaller units you're most certainly sacrificing in components and durability. We've had cheaper models and wanted something that would last this time around.

You mean obnoxious coat rack? I bought a top of the line one because the wife had to have it. Years later and a couple moves, it’s still a coat rack she won’t get rid of because it was so expensive.

I got a cheap-o exercise bike off Craigslist and the whole family used it more than the treadmill ever got used.

tons of stuff is sold out, inventory can be tough to locate.

I've had a pro form for 15ish years, been great.

I have a commercial grade ProForm that I've had for like 5 years. I just recently had to replace the motor on it... was just under 400 dollars for the motor but took like 5 weeks to come in. Other than that, it's been great. One thing that I hate is the fan is so low it's like it's airing my balls instead of blowing air on my face when I'm working out.

I have a commercial grade ProForm that I've had for like 5 years. I just recently had to replace the motor on it... was just under 400 dollars for the motor but took like 5 weeks to come in. Other than that, it's been great. One thing that I hate is the fan is so low it's like it's airing my balls instead of blowing air on my face when I'm working out.
I see no problem here ....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Have a Proform 680 treadmill for 8-10 years and good for a brisk walk or a fast run. Padded belt, fan, predefined workouts and adjustable pitch.. Folds up, but a little heavy. Can't imagine you could not find one similar on FaceTrash marketplace if you looked a bit..