CT4 V and CT5 V

brent1976

I'm confused, are these track-ready factory cars (gutted, caged, not 'road legal') or is that just the marketing and these will be full on road cars that are track-oriented?

These are Road Cars, I am not even sure they are "track oriented" road cars so much as they are competitors to the existing european performance cars.

The CT4 V blackwing is basically an ATS-V successor and is supposed to be slated against the RS3, BMW M2, and AMG CLA. Of those three, only the M2 and the caddy will offer a manual so it makes sense why they would resurrect the 6MT to grab some market share. It will also be RWD only and the engine is unknown at this point but it will probably be near the 464hp mark the ATS-V had.

The CT5 V Blackwing is the successor for the CTSV. As such it will have the same V8. There is a CT5V but that is no longer anything but a badge and body "upgrade" - Blackwing is the new "V". The car aims at the M3, Alfa Quadrafoligio and AMG C63. It's a completely new chassis and body, but the same CTSV drivetrain plus the manual people wanted the CTSV to have but didn't in it's 3rd gen. Since it is a carry over V8, it's 650hp.

Cadillac needs some halo cars. The ATS-V despite being a really good car didn't inspire sales like the first and 2nd gen CTS-Vs did, and they need to capture some of that magic to move the more pedestrian units. I think these cars will do it, although I am skeptical about the decision not to put a v8 in the CT4 V Blackwing. People want a bargain luxury car v8 from cadillac, its what they expect. There are some M2 buyers who buy the M2 because it still is powered by a BMW I6 and to them that delivers the pure experience. If you put a Chevy SS 6mt and an AST-V 6mt in front of me at the same price I'd pick the ls3 powered Chevy SS every time, because (insert musclecar noises here).

I'm sure it won't be the raw race car we'd like to see, but I'm in support of anything v8 and manual.

I'm sure they'll be $90k, but timing should be right to pay the Callaway off and pick one up a year or so old for $60-70k! Lol.

Always tough to choose between retail refinement and built quirkiness.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If Chevrolet can price the C8 Corvette at less than $60k, then come the fuck on Cadillac and price the CT4 Blackwing less than $50k, or you’ll simply not sell that many of these.

Major props to Caddy for coming out with two global heavy-hitter sedans with sticks in a marketplace bereft of the option. Will be really interesting to see what the take-rate is.

If Chevrolet can price the C8 Corvette at less than $60k, then come the fuck on Cadillac and price the CT4 Blackwing less than $50k, or you’ll simply not sell that many of these.

Major props to Caddy for coming out with two global heavy-hitter sedans with sticks in a marketplace bereft of the option. Will be really interesting to see what the take-rate is.

I agree, but it’ll be low because Cadillac and the price. Buyers in the “luxury fast sedan” market are looking for 0-60 times achieved by AWD forced induction and automatics.

That’s why I’m remaining skeptical.

Edit: GM has a habit of making a nice vehicle then slapping a tater price tag onto it then wondering why they won’t sell.

^^ spot-on. I think the new line is nice despite shortcomings many of the reviews have touched on. How the heavy power hitter versions will do just like their lessor counterparts will have a lot to do with how they are priced.

I loved the ATS-V until I sat down inside and saw the dash and that dang infotainment system. Pricing was a bit much too but it wasn't that far off.

The 2016 and up CTS-V is really nice and while I'm all for a bigger car, I'm not sure they carried over what previous V owners wanted and price wise, I don't care how good it was, it was out-there for the money. Sales Prove it. IMO once you cross that $65-70k mark you better be able to hang as at that point people who can afford it need to see the brand being worth it and I don't think overall most do. Again, overall sales figures show it.

We'll see. Caddy makes some great 3-4yr old used cars.

I shopped CTS-Vs for a while but for the money I’d rather go for a trackhawk or hellcat. They were nice, made power but the interior wasn’t up to the price tag. If they were smart, they need to make the value their priority. Then they will start to pull in buyers rather than going halo heavy profit.

Basically if they can undercut BMW M cars by 20k then they will absolutely shit on that market.

If they kill them on performance and price, these will absolutely dominate.

Wrong.

They won't get the 0-60 times out of a RWD front engined sedan to swing the old fat luxury sedan buyers away from the 0-60 times of the AWD monsters. They also won't sell well because straight RWD is scary and can't drive in winter (taters) and the awd cars have rwd drift mode for that one time to impress their friends...

I agree, but it’ll be low because Cadillac and the price. Buyers in the “luxury fast sedan” market are looking for 0-60 times achieved by AWD forced induction and automatics.

Sounds like a bunch of slack-jawed faggots. Just the kind of oxygen thiefs that loiter in the left lane, then you go to pass and OMG NOT TODAY put the hammer down for 3 seconds to swing their e-dick.

Sounds like a bunch of slack-jawed faggots. Just the kind of oxygen thiefs that loiter in the left lane, then you go to pass and OMG NOT TODAY put the hammer down for 3 seconds to swing their e-dick.

Driver engagement has been hijacked by magazine times (not just straight line but “ring” times also). You’re left with only a few small cars offering pure driving dynamics and they’re handicapped with 4 cylinders. Anything with any power is relegated to an auto, 4000lbs or an unobtainable price point. That’s why used car values are through the roof and will only get worse.

Sad

Driver engagement has been hijacked by magazine times (not just straight line but “ring” times also). You’re left with only a few small cars offering pure driving dynamics and they’re handicapped with 4 cylinders. Anything with any power is relegated to an auto, 4000lbs or an unobtainable price point. That’s why used car values are through the roof and will only get worse.

Sad

RFP was .7 seconds quicker in my funcar than your funcar, so I don't even need to bring it out of the garage to assert dominance. Maybe I'll bring the new Camry XSE to C&C instead- it handles like it's on rails!