☆~Sleepy Joe 2021~☆

Mitch

The protests/riot in DC had nothing to do with Bills and directly stemmed from a disinformation campaign run by the president and those that work for him. These were people that had bad information or just wanted to believe something that was not true.

Yes people are dissatisfied by how government works or doesn't (and that pretty much runs in the background of all political conversations) but considering we've had 6 years of a senate that pretty much refused to pass legislation and basically limited their power to appointing judges and naming stuff, I think that has more to do with it than pork in bills (although that is an issue on its own and has been since 1870). Also a President for the last four years who stoked the fire of a divide in order to get what he wanted didn't hurt that dissatisfaction either.

I would say that the fact that the democrats were able to take all three branches in a single election is probably a sign that people are dissatisfied with the approach taken in the last 4-6 years.

How about instead of everyone we say a majority of reasonable people. You are right, there are some people who just won't compromise no matter what, but those people are a small majority. you are right, it was incorrect to say everyone when I meant most reasonable people.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The protests/riot in DC had nothing to do with Bills and directly stemmed from a disinformation campaign run by the president and those that work for him. These were people that had bad information or just wanted to believe something that was not true.

Yes people are dissatisfied by how government works or doesn't (and that pretty much runs in the background of all political conversations) but considering we've had 6 years of a senate that pretty much refused to pass legislation and basically limited their power to appointing judges and naming stuff, I think that has more to do with it than pork in bills (although that is an issue on its own and has been since 1870). Also a President for the last four years who stoked the fire of a divide in order to get what he wanted didn't hurt that dissatisfaction either.

I would say that the fact that the democrats were able to take all three branches in a single election is probably a sign that people are dissatisfied with the approach taken in the last 4-6 years.

How about instead of everyone we say a majority of reasonable people. You are right, there are some people who just won't compromise no matter what, but those people are a small majority. you are right, it was incorrect to say everyone when I meant most reasonable people.

Once again you don’t listen and only try to show why everyone else who doesn’t agree is wrong.

Here's the issue..it seems the left on here have a very hard time admitting their side isn't always correct. While many of the left have admitted the fact that some of the crap we see the left doing is wrong.

Until we can see the plank in out eye we can not see the splinter in the others' this isn't the correct quote but you get what I'm saying.

Kerry maybe the bills that didn't come up for consideration were worth looking at..I don't know. But let me ask this, doesn't congress have better things to do than impeaching the out-going president a 2nd time. Isn't this more dividing than just letting him get the f@*& out in 8 days? We all know the left in congress have a hard-on for him...let it go!

To me this will just piss his hard core followers to be more adamant in protecting him.

If he’s impeached he can never hold office again. If they let it go, he can run again. That seems simple to me.

Here's the issue..it seems the left on here have a very hard time admitting their side isn't always correct. While many of the left have admitted the fact that some of the crap we see the left doing is wrong.

That's not an issue at all. Democrat Politicians frequently oust their own, disavow those that break moral or societal expectations, undo their own work, change their minds, adjust their policies...etc. For it they get called everything from "flip floppers" to "the radical left" by their opponents. It's so predictable that it's an exploited marketing strategy by the GOP. Meanwhile, the GOP knows their voter base doesn't really care unless it's really something awful like being a pedophile, and so it doesn't capsize them.

If you are talking about just regular people in general, I think that's just nonsense. Both sides are full of team players who see no fault in their party in equal measure. If there wasn't in the GOP then the Access Hollywood tape would have ended Trumps run for president. There is a whole subset of political marketing that really just appeals to how people see themselves and not any real policy. The GOP markets their people as "tough, rugged, individualists, with a heavy layering of toxic masculinity, religious moral superiority, and casual misogyny (because boys will be boys)", and the Democrats market their people as "intellectual, fair minded, emotionally sensitive, with a high gloss of secular moral superiority". None of that garbage means anything when it comes to policy or track record, but it puts votes in the ballot box if Johnny GOP can think of himself as in league with fighter pilots and ranchers just because of how he votes, and if Jimmy democrat can cover up his mild casual racism by declaring he supports democrats.

Kerry maybe the bills that didn't come up for consideration were worth looking at..I don't know. But let me ask this, doesn't congress have better things to do than impeaching the out-going president a 2nd time. Isn't this more dividing than just letting him get the f@*& out in 8 days? We all know the left in congress have a hard-on for him...let it go!

To me this will just piss his hard core followers to be more adamant in protecting him.

Maybe the were and maybe they weren't, and that's kind of the point isn't it? Don't you think you would want the representative your state elected to represent you to make that call instead of someone else who you didn't elect? Even if it is a bill that isn't worth passing as written, don't you want your elected representative to at least take it back to their constituency and if they want it to try to find some way to turn it into something that is?

BTW, all these bills are a matter of public record, so you can go look them up and see for yourself. You may need a crash course in how to do congressional research and legal research, but it's out there. More than a few bills are just re-authorizing legislation that already passed and has been in place for decades. A great example is H.R. 4863, United States Export Finance Agency Act, which would reauthorize the federal Export-Import Bank for 10 years. Senate Republicans want an Ex-Im bank, they just don't like that democrats drafted the re-authorization and instead of working to change the language Mitch is just going to sit on it. Why? because passing legislation is like baseball stats - people running for congress use it as proof they are working for their constituency and if he can kill those numbers while boosting his own team, why wouldn't Mitch McConnell do this?

As for impeachment, well there is a value to it. Impeaching a second time and getting it to stick will make Trump ineligible to hold any federal political office (even appointed ones). Considering he has already dropped the hint he would run in 2024 (he will try - if anything is consistent it's that trump telegraphs his plays well in advance). Yes it has the secondary effect of making the GOP look bad and that is partisan and kinda taints the whole thing to the casual observer, but what should they do? Let this transgression go unpunished?

As for better things to do? what better things? they aren't considering the bills sitting on Mitch's desk, and they pretty much considered every judicial appointment that was put up by the executive branch so the answer is No, they don't have anything better to do.

Kerry, God forbid I attempt to go through the mess called bills..e.g. the stimulus bill almost 5600 pages...I don't have the patience for that anymore. I never had to go through those but I would go through pages of a dump from a computer..lol.

But you didn't reply to what i feel is the most important question. Isn't impeachment more divisive?

Extreme Biden supporters should also be squashed. Where to draw the line? While we’re at it let’s just start squashing all supporters. No athletic supporters either. Free dem boobs.

LOL at extreme Sleepy Joe supporters. Never seen the Biden train rolling down the freeway with giant Biden flags, are they all driving Priuses?

Once again you don’t listen and only try to show why everyone else who doesn’t agree is wrong.

I listened, I don't agree, and I provided the information that led me to disagree. You want to change my mind, show me how you drew a different conclusion and provide the information that got you there. There are millions who feel pork barrel politics suck, but we don't have massive riots every election because of it.

Kerry, God forbid I attempt to go through the mess called bills..e.g. the stimulus bill almost 5600 pages...I don't have the patience for that anymore. I never had to go through those but I would go through pages of a dump from a computer..lol.[/Quote]

I get paid to go through some of them (the financial industry impacting ones anyway) so I know your pain.

But you didn't reply to what i feel is the most important question. Isn't impeachment more divisive?

At this point it's as Divisive as the Republicans want it to be. Is it the kind of action that will calm the same people that stormed the capitol and welcome them back into the fold of society? no. It won't. Those people won't accept anything other than overturning the results of the election.

However, most Americans seem to be in favor of impeachment.

This is basically the GOP's hill to die on in a manner of speaking. They can continue to underplay Trump's actions as a way to save their own image and not lose the support of Trump's less extreme supporters but continue to fall out of favor with moderate independents, or they can cut ties, disavow Trump, vote all the way to impeach, and lose that support they may need in the 2024 election but maybe redeem themselves in the eyes of more moderate republicans that have slowly walked away from the GOP in the trump era.

So no matter what it is going to be divisive to some group. That doesn't mean it shouldn't happen though. There are many of us who want to see that misdeeds in government still has consequences after 4 years of an alleged rapist and associate of a suspected pedophile basically play merry hob with our government for his own enrichment. It would be nice to know there is at least some line that should not be crossed without penalty. To that end it could be uniting in that it restores some faith in the government to look past it's own self interest.

LOL at extreme Sleepy Joe supporters. Never seen the Biden train rolling down the freeway with giant Biden flags, are they all driving Priuses?
they aren’t there, they are in this thread :gabe:

They may not be out there like you think they should be, but they are out there o-plenty. I’ll refrain from finger pointing but we all know who they are. If you don’t, you are either uninformed or one of them.

I listened, I don't agree, and I provided the information that led me to disagree. You want to change my mind, show me how you drew a different conclusion and provide the information that got you there. There are millions who feel pork barrel politics suck, but we don't have massive riots every election because of it.

But I’m not trying to change your mind. I am open minded enough to give creepy joe a fair chance. You are the one in here spouting walls of text and premium word salads (thanks wags) showing why those who don’t agree with you are wrong.

Oh man, gillbot's gonna tear you a new one for resorting to finger pointing at the other side.

Go easy on him gillbot, he's old.

Nah, don’t need to. I’m just some stupid uninformed person who won’t pick a side because I don’t subscribe to either flavor koolaide.

Trumpism is a cult. It needs to be squashed.

You are, or at least coming off as, a hypocritical, authoritarian asshole.

This is fine:

Only thing that needs squashed are the criminals in the streets and in office. We need another Abscam but fat fucking chance now. The person that wanted to drain the swamp has been impeached twice now.

"Trump incited the violence" but also "the attack on the capitol was planned weeks in advanced". Well which one is it? Doesn't matter, impeached within hours without any hearings.

"Trump incited the violence" but also "the attack on the capitol was planned weeks in advanced". Well which one is it? Doesn't matter, impeached within hours without any hearings.

I found this entertaining. They wanted their little show, they got it, now they'll have to live with the future consequences this will bring.

Additional humorous outrage: People getting big mad over the troops sleeping in the capital building. Tim Kennedy had a great post about this, and he knows a thing or two about how soldiers live, and have been treated by some of the nutty left/progressives.