☆~Sleepy Joe 2021~☆

Mitch

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Trump had won in November and ANTIFA had stormed the capital building to stop the electoral college count, I have a hard time thinking that anyone here would find any silver linings. This really doesn't seem like the way anything ought to be accomplished.

I agree this isn’t the way many things should be accomplished, but here we are. When the other side won’t concede or compromise AT ALL, we end up here. Kind of ironic isn’t it?

Also, I’d say you’d be wrong. I’d feel the same if this were reversed. I don’t support either corrupt party.

Lindsay Graham said multiple times in his speech things along the lines of, "One of them could have had a bomb." I honestly hadn't really though about that before he said it.

The first thing that was on my mind when this was talked about before it started was “I hope they don’t go in strapped with guns or even worse”. I don’t want to see anyone get hurt.

Also, I’d say you’d be wrong. I’d feel the same if this were reversed. I don’t support either corrupt party.

The first thing that was on my mind when this was talked about before it started was “I hope they don’t go in strapped with guns or even worse”. I don’t want to see anyone get hurt.

+1

Now where's my Old Fashioned?

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/washington-dc-election-riots/h_f809c023931544c5374bdc8c646e9353

Capital police officer died of injuries from yesterday's violence.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

He had a stroke and is on life support. Most likely had a personal medical event. Whether that’s true and if it was tied to the protest, we shall see. Sad for his family though

He had a stroke and is on life support. Most likely had a personal medical event. Whether that’s true and if it was tied to the protest, we shall see. Sad for his family though
Ah, seeing updates of that now. Early reports had no details.

Capital Police issued a statement that says he died from injuries sustained while on duty.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-electoral-college-tally-live-updates/2021/01/07/954333542/police-confirm-death-of-officer-injured-during-attack-on-capitol

"At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty," a^statement^from the U.S. Capitol Police said.

"Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters. He returned to his division office and collapsed," the statement said.

Completely insane that he was denied approval, and an hour and a half was lost trying to get approval.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/01/07/maryland-governor-says-pentagon-repeatedly-denied-approval-to-send-national-guard-to-capitol/

Hogan said during a press conference that he convened an emergency meeting of his “unified command team” when he was informed of a mob of Trump supporters descending on the Capitol as lawmakers attempted to certify President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

Hogan says he mobilized 200 “specially trained” state troopers and instructed Maj. Gen. Timothy Gowen, the general of the Maryland National Guard, to mobilize his troops.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer called Hogan from an “undisclosed bunker” and were “pleading” with him for assistance from his state and national forces, the governor said.

However, Hogan, who requires the Department of Defense’s authority to mobilize his National Guard troops, said he was “repeatedly denied” approval to do so from the Pentagon despite being “ready, willing and able” to assist.

Hogan said he had a “back and forth trying to get that authorization” and that, about an hour and a half later, Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy gave approval to send his troops to Washington, D.C.

Wife read he was struck in the head with a fire extinguisher.

All I can say is I hope Joe does well as president.

RiP to tall that were killed..it didn't have to happen

No, it should NOT have happened. Anytime someone says peaceful protest in this country, this is inevitably what happens. Too many bad apples out there.

Completely insane that he was denied approval, and an hour and a half was lost trying to get approval.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/01/07/maryland-governor-says-pentagon-repeatedly-denied-approval-to-send-national-guard-to-capitol/

Strange, this flies directly in the face of recorded statements from the president claiming he "immediately" called in the national guard himself. I'm torn with who to believe here... a quandary indeed.

Strange, this flies directly in the face of recorded statements from the president claiming he "immediately" called in the national guard himself. I'm torn with who to believe here... a quandary indeed.

:confused::confused::confused:

You mean the guy who has yet to produce ANY proof for most of his claims. The guy who takes credit for everything despite seemingly doing nothing?

I'm going to say it's because he can't presently be trusted to function in public. The same reason Sleepy 'Ol Joe has managed to put out 2 very coherent live statements compared to Donnie's pre-recorded teleprompter read with half a dozen visible editing cuts.

ErOO2u_XYAMmvCz?format=jpg&name=900x900

I can't think of a legitimate reason why he has to miss the inauguration, aside from what Cincinnati is showing off above. [emoji38]

It had already come out last week that he was planning to fly in AF1 to his golf course in Ireland on the 19th (but sounds like Ireland is denying him access). No way he was ever planning on attending Biden’s inauguration.

Capital Police issued a statement that says he died from injuries sustained while on duty.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-electoral-college-tally-live-updates/2021/01/07/954333542/police-confirm-death-of-officer-injured-during-attack-on-capitol

I see that now - if he was mashed in the head by protesters, thats homicide. find them, charge them.