☆~Sleepy Joe 2021~☆

Mitch

My company set up a intranet site to report your vacc card...keeping track of employees who got the jab. Got the J&J single-shot two Wednesdays ago. Feelsgoodman.jpg

Anyone that wants to complain about government overreach and privacy violations needs to GTFO. If you (or your spouse/partner) has posted on FB e_v_e_r your data is pretty much dark-web accessible now.

Get over it and move on. :gabe:

There is a difference in spewing data out there and controlling what data gets out to the best of your ability though. I don't have a FB account. I also don't think the .gov should be steering every aspect of my life either.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference in spewing data out there and controlling what data gets out to the best of your ability though. I don't have a FB account. I also don't think the .gov should be steering every aspect of my life either.

Agreed 100%. Managing a pandemic puts the government and us as free citizens in a difficult position.

We'll see if the government vaccine passports go anywhere. I don't think they will, given the logistical and constitutional quagmire, plus the aforementioned discriminatory nature, AND on top of that I've already had one shot and all I have for proof is a 3x5 index card that they had me fill out myself. While my shot record is tracked in my provider's database, a lot of people don't have much more than this easily forgeable card. At this point the ship has sailed (pun in ten did) on tracking vaccinations as far as I'm concerned.

Now I can certainly see cruise ships et al require "proof" of vaccination, which should be pretty easy to fake, but cruise ships are not the government so their decision to require them is a business one and nothing more. I can see the average (re: elderly) cruise ship passenger not wanting to rub elbows with a bunch of anti-vax wankers.

We'll see if the government vaccine passports go anywhere. I don't think they will, given the logistical and constitutional quagmire, plus the aforementioned discriminatory nature, AND on top of that I've already had one shot and all I have for proof is a 3x5 index card that they had me fill out myself. While my shot record is tracked in my provider's database, a lot of people don't have much more than this easily forgeable card. At this point the ship has sailed (pun in ten did) on tracking vaccinations as far as I'm concerned.

Now I can certainly see cruise ships et al require "proof" of vaccination, which should be pretty easy to fake, but cruise ships are not the government so their decision to require them is a business one and nothing more. I can see the average (re: elderly) cruise ship passenger not wanting to rub elbows with a bunch of anti-vax wankers.

I think it's more of a liability thing. They are trying to get .gov to open ports and allow cruise ships to resume but .gov is keeping them basically shutdown. If you present your "proof" then later you spread covid all over a boat, they have deniability in that it is their responsibility.

My company set up a intranet site to report your vacc card...keeping track of employees who got the jab

I got an email just today indicating the same. I work for a giant corporation, so not surprised. I haven't fully read through it all, but it doesn't appear to be mandatory. The spin is that it will help "safely support inviting employees back into the office"... As though everyone wants to be there.

I got the Pfizer shot, via OSU. I've got a flimsy cardboard card written in pen as well.

The Biden administration has specifically said they are not setting up a vaccine passport system, but want to provide rules and guidelines for any private enterprise that decides to develop one.

Also, during smallpox people had to provide proof of recovery or vaccination in order to go places, but the public was largely supportive of this atvthe time. Also, if you recovered from it you had visible scars so it wasn't easy to fake it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

More unconstitutional bullshit coming from Biden tomorrow on guns.

Goodie.

Oh yeah...so unconstitutional...

Direct the Justice Department to propose a rule within 30 days to help stop the proliferation of ghost guns – firearms assembled from kits that often lack serial numbers and are difficult to trace.

Direct the DOJ to craft a rule within 60 days that clarifies the point at which a stabilizing arm brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle, subjecting that firearm to additional regulations.

Direct the DOJ to publish, within 60 days, model red-flag legislation, which lets law enforcement officers or family members ask a court to temporarily bar someone from accessing guns under certain circumstances. The White House says the model legislation will make it easier for states to pass their own versions of that law.

Direct the DOJ to issue a comprehensive report on gun trafficking.

Oh yeah...so unconstitutional...

“Ghost guns” are a non issue - not used in major events or in any notable event. It’s a hobbyist market.

Pistol braces - also not a real issue. The Colorado shooter had no advantage when using the gun in a 10” barrel instead of a 16” barrel. He got out of his car and started shooting. There was not a concealable advantage. In fact, it probably made it harder being less accurate.

Also, SBR’s should be removed from the NFA. There are millions of braces in existence, it is a common use weapon. Making millions of upstanding citizens felons overnight is a mistake and will only hurt the heat up even more on a very, very sweaty situation.

Edited by Panduh

“Ghost guns” are a non issue - not used in major events or in any notable event. It’s a hobbyist market.

Pistol braces - also not a real issue. The Colorado shooter had no advantage when using the gun in a 10” barrel instead of a 16” barrel. He got out of his car and started shooting. There was not a concealable advantage. In fact, it probably made it harder being less accurate.

Also, SBR’s should be removed from the NFA. There are millions of braces in existence, it is a common use weapon. Making millions of upstanding citizens felons overnight is a mistake and will only hurt the heat up even more on a very, very sweaty situation.

Sounds like a whole lot of non-issues that are...still...non-issues. If you can give Biden a "win" that doesn't affect you, maybe just move on.

I'm running a few cars without catalytic converters...is Biden coming for my cars and my drivers' license?

I'm just more focused than ever on CONTROLLING WHAT I CAN CONTROL. All I hear from Trumpets is a lot of noise about stuff that will not concern them, unless you're a drug/gun runner that's already doing illegal stuff before new regulations were proposed. Believe me, I GET that someone should be able to own a Bushmaster 50cal and fire it on private land...but there's a greater good I'm willing to give some ground to without infringing on 2A.

...unless you're a drug/gun runner that's already doing illegal stuff before new regulations were proposed. Believe me, I GET that someone should be able to own a Bushmaster 50cal and fire it on private land...but there's a greater good I'm willing to give some ground to without infringing on 2A.

It's a good thing new laws will change the minds of said criminals and they'll be good boys and girls from now on. It's also nice that they won't affect law abiding citizens.

While I agree that the announcements on ghost guns and pistol braces may not fix a problem that contributed to recent shootings, my point was you were in a fit of rage about Biden doing things that are unconstitutional, but the reality is not even close to that.

I'm running a few cars without catalytic converters...is Biden coming for my cars and my drivers' license?.

Was on my mobular device earlier and didn't want to mess with quoting a bunch of things at once on it. Not that I'm on my PC I have a question for this part. A genuine question. No sarcasm, no agenda, just seeking understanding (although I'm sure greg will try to project something anyway).

If you lived in a state where that was illegal and they had inspections annually or whatever they do (I've only ever lived in Ohio) what would be the consequences? I genuinely don't know. If it involves you not being able to drive said vehicle until it's corrected this is a piss poor analogy to use in attempt to solidify your point. :lol:

...I'm willing to give some ground to without infringing on 2A.

Triple nipple post.

You're willing to. Others aren't. Another genuine question with no agenda behind it, just trying to understand your stance better: at what point is 2A infringed upon? At what point is one persons willingness to give up (any) rights or freedoms infringing on another's desire to keep them?

raises hand... lived in state that police can pull you over for minor car mods without breaking speed limit and car being legally registered/insured.... endless harassment. i thought reducing police interation and control was the cool thing during the summer?

Was on my mobular device earlier and didn't want to mess with quoting a bunch of things at once on it. Not that I'm on my PC I have a question for this part. A genuine question. No sarcasm, no agenda, just seeking understanding (although I'm sure greg will try to project something anyway).

If you lived in a state where that was illegal and they had inspections annually or whatever they do (I've only ever lived in Ohio) what would be the consequences? I genuinely don't know. If it involves you not being able to drive said vehicle until it's corrected this is a piss poor analogy to use in attempt to solidify your point. :lol:

You just can't get your registration renewed until you got it fixed. That's all.