☆~Sleepy Joe 2021~☆

Mitch

They don’t need to operate them…..they will just sell them to a country that can….

Think they'll list them on BaT?

Trump never took the blame for anything.

That's undeniable. I don't care who you are.

And now Trump advocating for us to go back in there, saying we should never have left is complete political BS. He's always playing both sides of the coin.

It's almost as if he's a *shocked gasp* politician!

Biden is putting out press releases almost exactly the way trump did, just with a different bravado. Basically saying everything he did is perfect and he’s done something no other president has ever done…

Trump was an idiot for doing it then and he was lambasted for it. But now everyone is totally cool with a lying, arrogant narcissist…at least be consistent guys…

It's almost as if he's a *shocked gasp* politician!

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump's big selling point is that he wasn't a politician. He was a straight-shootin' businessman who was going to "drain the swamp." Are you saying he's been deep state this whole time?

Trump is Hillary in drag confirmed. Has anyone seen them in the same place at the same time? Other than the debates which were clearly deepfaked.

Politicians gon' politicate.

Trump was an idiot for doing it then and he was lambasted for it. But now everyone is totally cool with a lying, arrogant narcissist…at least be consistent guys…

Who is cool with the way Biden is handling this shit?

I just posted, even John Oliver is ripping Biden…

Who is cool with the way Biden is handling this shit?

I just posted, even John Oliver is ripping Biden…

NPR has been airing pretty much nothing but critical coverage of this clusterfuck for the last 2 weeks. That's pretty much the only "mainstream media" I consume but the other stuff I pick up here and there has all been extremely negative about Biden's handling of this, his goddawful press conferences, etc.

Texas school system closes after 2 teachers die of COVID

Connally Independent School District officials closed its five suburban Waco schools for the rest of the week after the Saturday COVID-19 death of Natalia Chansler, 41, a sixth grade social studies teacher at Connally Junior High School, said Assistant Superintendent Jill Bottelberghe.

Chansler’s death came days after David McCormick, 59, a seventh grade social studies teacher at Connally Junior High, died of COVID-19, Bottelberghe said.

I hope you're all vaccinated by now. I just had a coworker miss 3 weeks of work because COVID was putting him in and out of the hospital for that long. 51, former college track star and avid outdoorsman. He's a Trump lovin', gun shootin', beer drinkin' self-described redneck so I thought for sure he did this to himself by being anti-vax, but to my surprise not only was he fully vaccinated, but he's now very vocal about his belief that the vaccine is the only reason he's not dead.

I know reddit is having a field day with the r/HermanCainAwards but it's absolutely tragic to see so many people throw common sense out the window and die of what's now a preventable death. And don't take horse de-wormer. Take this seriously; Delta is not discriminating.

Who is happy with anything Biden has done so far? He's been a total goat fuck the last 7-8 months.

Lots of people. Not you because I highly doubt you would be happy with anybody that isn't your "team".

From a personal standpoint, I've worked under 4 administrations in the regulatory space, and I have never seen it as much as a clusterfuck as I did under DT. Bush, Obama, Biden - they all appointed competent, knowledgeable, non-partisan people to head up and work in their regulatory and legislative implementation and enforcement agencies. Under Trump, even laws he managed to get passed were fucked from the jump on implementing because the incompetent politically motivated appointments he made didn't know how to manage projects of that scale and caliber.

All of my colleagues, regardless of political affiliation, are relieved that in most of the agencies we have to work with the incompetent people are gone and we don't have to deal with examiners writing their own exam manuals while performing the exams and having to file extension upon extension because whomever was in charge of writing the transition period guidelines didn't do it because they didn't know they were supposed to.

It's a part of any administration that most lay people don't get to see because most don't work in the compliance arms of heavily regulated industries. Most Americans don't understand that political jobs aren't all posturing and publicity, there are actual administrative and management functions to the job, and let's just face it, DT was fucking terrible at hiring, people management, strategy and organization, and setting policy, and it showed - mostly because his role in the private sector didn't require him to be good at any of those things.

I also think Biden happened to do a good job on:

- vaccine distribution

- getting the department of the interior sorted out

- not publicly arguing with the CDC with what mis-information fox news happened to whisper in his ear

- systemic racial equality (esp with voting)

but something tells me you don't really give a shit about those issues either.

Edited by Geeto67

Kerry..really non-partisan appointments ..c'mom man

Every politician hires are 95% "on their team" as you put it. The reason I said politician is anyone elected owes favors and those favors come from their team.

Biden put more than a few of obamas people back on the fed payroll and then more of 'his team'

The things you say biden has done well with well I really don't know.

Vaccine dist was only brought around because they were fast tracked and we don't know what the don had in mind to do as he was voted out.

I'm unsure what was wrong with the other 3 things you stated.

words

So your best selling point FOR Biden is that he's better than Trump? Got it. :lol:

Trump was garbage at a LOT of things. So is Biden. They're just different things and Biden doesn't know how to use Twitter so I don't get to LOL at what I imagine would be hilarious, incoherent, musings.

Note that I am not defending Trump or disagreeing. I just found it funny.

So your best selling point FOR Biden is that he's better than Trump? Got it. :lol:

I am not selling anything, that's their job. I am speaking to my experience as someone whose job is directly affected by political policy and law making. Yes my job is now easier and provides more value because there aren't inexperienced and incompetent people in key roles. Even the interim people handling some of the agencies are experienced people and I value experience.

The question wasn't to sell Biden either, it was, was "anybody happy with anything he did" and yes I was happy with a few things. I am unhappy with other things but that's the nature of any administration.

Trump was garbage at a LOT of things. So is Biden. They're just different things and Biden doesn't know how to use Twitter so I don't get to LOL at what I imagine would be hilarious, incoherent, musings.

Twitter was embarrassing but in the political sphere ultimately it had very little sway. It's not something I pay attention to professionally. I agree both are going to be good and bad at a lot of things, but the one thing that sets trump apart more than any other politician that held that office is that he was really bad at the administrative part of the job and putting people in roles they had no business holding. Plenty of republicans pointed out during his administration that he had no real strategy for policymaking, his literal goal was just to shove any warm GOP body into any open role that he could.

From a practical standpoint, Trump was bad at a lot more things than any preceding president, don't do that cynical thing where you say they are all the same because they all suck because it isn't true. Nuclear waste and household garbage are both things I wouldn't want to be covered in, but that doesn't mean nuclear waste is only as harmful as what's in your kitchen garbage pail

Biden could be worse in the end but we aren't even past the first year right now so not going to call it, but from what I have seen he's made my job easier.

Note that I am not defending Trump or disagreeing. I just found it funny.

I didn't think you were, I just not sure what you found funny? It's pretty well publicized that the last election was an anybody but Trump election.

Kerry..really non-partisan appointments ..c'mom man

Every politician hires are 95% "on their team" as you put it. The reason I said politician is anyone elected owes favors and those favors come from their team.

Biden put more than a few of obamas people back on the fed payroll and then more of 'his team'

The things you say biden has done well with well I really don't know.

Vaccine dist was only brought around because they were fast tracked and we don't know what the don had in mind to do as he was voted out.

I'm unsure what was wrong with the other 3 things you stated.

cross party appointments are real, and they do have value. They actually have been gaining traction since the 1960's esp in times where congress is pretty evenly split. Looking back across the past 4 presidents (excluding Biden), Trump had the fewest bipartisan appointments in modern times. Obama had the most followed closely by Geroge W. Bush, then Clinton.

I am not saying they don't have a preference for appointments in their own political party, they do, but competency of the job in agency roles is a huge factor in appointments made in previous administrations. Simply put, presidents like to look good and having competent people under them make them look good.

I am also not saying political appointments aren't done on a favor basis, but often those are the "inconsequential roles" like ambassadorships to friendly countries. consequential appointments are often based on political strategy for managing an issue. If you want to push consumer advocacy, then you want a consumer advocate to head the CFPB and the odds are greater that that person is a democrat.

It's exceedingly rare that someone gets appointed to be the head of the CFPB, Secretary of Energy, or the department of the interior because of how loyal they are to the political party while ignoring whether they are competent, but that is EXACTLY how it played out in the Trump Administration - all of those people, Mulvaney, Perry, and Zinkie, were incredibly incompetent in their roles and people who got their job because of their loyalty to Trump. Perry even admitted he was out of his depth and managed to fail upwards into a larger budget and growth in his department.

I find it funny that apparently I have a "team". :lol:

well when you make statements like this:

Who is happy with anything Biden has done so far? He's been a total goat fuck the last 7-8 months.

You can't say you are impartial or informed. yeah you havea team, it has an elephant for a mascot.

Generally speaking the GOP propaganda machine has been working overtime and from personal experience the only people thinking Biden hasn't done ANYTHING right since taking the office in January are not impartial or well informed but extremely right wing GOP supporters or suckers who buy into the propaganda (not sure if there is a difference there).

First of all I applaud your use of “Trumpish” for anything that seems like a President is making a bad decision. It kinda drives home the point that he really owns the brand of poor leadership.

What’s the fight really about, that the drug isn’t ready? No.

This is an interagency fight between the CDC and The FDA because the president took the advice of one over the other. That’s it, and it happens a lot more often with presidents than you would think.

Wanna know what the difference is with trump? He wouldn’t take the advice of either agency but instead would lean to the media and non experts who could have drawn their conclusions from any number of unverified sources including those from foreign actors. And that’s not speculation, that is exactly what happened with hydroxichloroquine. The FDA and CDC were issuing warnings not to take it as early as March 2020 and the President was on TV saying you can take it.

Do you see the difference? It is one thing to evaluate the plans proposed by two experts in their fields and pick one over the other, it’s another to piss on both experts legs and then ask Bob the janitor what he thinks and run with that.

Edited by Geeto67