☆~Sleepy Joe 2021~☆

Mitch

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are. I happened to find it interesting. Was that not clear? Did I insinuate anywhere you weren't allowed to have an opinion?

Typically when folks make claims they are ready to back them up. Not fall back on, "well, that's just my opinion. I stated it as fact but now it's opinion."

Fascinating.

I believe it's illegal..but i'll let kerry weigh in..he'll know

You're old enough to remember Billy Beer. I'm not, but my understanding is that while Billy Carter was generally regarded as a punchline and an embarrassment, nobody suggested that his pathetic efforts to trade on his brother's name were illegal.

It would be different if Jimmy Carter had endorsed Billy Beer. That's against US code:

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity

Frankly I think Harris' niece using her picture on T-shirts is a stretch, but ethics lawyers are very much concerned about the appearance of impropriety. Regardless, Meena Harris is a 36 year old lawyer and isn't relying on T-shirt sales to make ends meet.

You are. I happened to find it interesting. Was that not clear? Did I insinuate anywhere you weren't allowed to have an opinion?

Typically when folks make claims they are ready to back them up. Not fall back on, "well, that's just my opinion. I stated it as fact but now it's opinion."

Fascinating.

I never stated a 'fact' ..I said I applaud the action..sounds like an opinion to me, and to me it is the right thing to do..again an opinion..there was no statement of fact

So I am unsure wtf you issue is.

Fall back is well I don't think it's the right thing to do.

You're old enough to remember Billy Beer. I'm not, but my understanding is that while Billy Carter was generally regarded as a punchline and an embarrassment, nobody suggested that his pathetic efforts to trade on his brother's name were illegal.

It would be different if Jimmy Carter had endorsed Billy Beer. That's against US code:

Frankly I think Harris' niece using her picture on T-shirts is a stretch, but ethics lawyers are very much concerned about the appearance of impropriety. Regardless, Meena Harris is a 36 year old lawyer and isn't relying on T-shirt sales to make ends meet.

Yes I remember billy beer... 99 cents a 6 pack and it was bad beer.

If she so successful, then why is/was she trying to ride her aunts coat tails.

Yes I remember billy beer... 99 cents a 6 pack and it was bad beer.

If she so successful, then why is/was she trying to ride her aunts coat tails.

Because she's the VP of the United States?

That's like saying my brother is the manager of Auto Zone. Pure. Fucking. Clout.

Somebody help me out here, I'm open to being educated. How is that Biden nixed the Keystone XL pipeline, but is brokering meetings between the taliban and Turkmenistan for a pipeline deal over there? On the surface it appears to be very hypocritical.

Article Here

I never stated a 'fact' ..I said I applaud the action..sounds like an opinion to me, and to me it is the right thing to do..again an opinion..there was no statement of fact

So I am unsure wtf you issue is.

Fall back is well I don't think it's the right thing to do.

:wtf: Oof.

Somebody help me out here, I'm open to being educated. How is that Biden nixed the Keystone XL pipeline, but is brokering meetings between the taliban and Turkmenistan for a pipeline deal over there? On the surface it appears to be very hypocritical.

Article Here

As far as I understand, the Keystone XL pipeline was a shit deal for the US. There are huge environmental risks both in construction and maintenance of the pipeline, it was going to transport Canadian oil to the gulf refineries for export (the oil in this pipeline would have no effect on US gas prices), and the construction jobs that were lost were temporary anyway.

The notion that killing the Keystone will drive Canada to cooperate with China is a huge stretch, given that all the oil was slated for export from the US anyway. Also, China has invested massively in clean energy technology and unless we start doing the same Biden is right that China will be eating our lunch (they already have a lead).

Also, the Canadian Tar Sands are in themselves an environmental disaster, and anything that can be done to shut those down is a win, IMO.

In contrast, the Turkmenistan pipeline is for natural gas that will supply the local region with energy and help broker peace deals between countries that aren't the best of friends.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So firstly, an opinion piece in the Washington Examiner is a rough place to start. For instance, they say:

The government has apparently brokered a meeting between the Turkmenistan government and the Taliban for a trans-Afghanistan pipeline to bring Turkmen gas across Afghanistan and Pakistan to India.

But if you follow the link in that very sentence, it says:

Signs point to the trip having been brokered by the U.S. government

and

In hindsight, it appears that clues of imminent dialogue between Turkmenistan and the Taliban were there to see. And it is highly probable that Washington has been serving as a go-between.

And then as evidence to support their assertion that it's "highly probable" that the US is involved, they cite a tour by a US ambassador that began on January 3rd. Who was president on January 3rd?

I have no idea what's going on in Central Asia, but this all feels like recreational outrage. Biden was most certainly not involved given the timeline.

If you're more curious than I am about the US foreign policy goals in Turkmenistan and how a natural gas pipeline might fit in, you can start with the United States Strategy for Central Asia 2019-2025: Advancing Sovereignty and Economic Prosperity.

I usually agree with Kerry politically but he's such an offensive person to me that I have placed him on 'ignore' here on CR so I don't see his posts. Once again, I feel that engaging with him is ignorant and pointless. He adds nothing to any discussion that I've seen. Your posts at least have clarity and intelligence, he gets emotional and goes off on tangents. I've engaged him in the past for the same thing. I believe he is incapable of learning. And yes, he absolutely is a troll for using the tactics he uses.

Well I guess there goes that uneasy truce.

Yes I am a troll. I own that. I've made it clear several times that my point has not been to change anybody's mind but literally to feed the opposing viewpoint back to a lot of the regular trolls with the same rhetoric and communication technique they push forward and in an equally as obnoxious and offensive way as possible. The point was to cause disruption and noise. It isn't empty noise however, I wanted to make sure there was an actual point and plausible argument behind the trollish behavior to give it credibility and on the off chance someone would look past it. What I had hoped was that the extra noise would cause the moderators to actually start to enforce some of their own rules and push the tone of the board back toward being a community about cars and racing, what I didn't expect is that the moderators would basically just fuck with my profile, post text, and tell me the rules to protect members didn't apply to me.

Your statement to me is funny because you specifically were one of the people that pushed me toward this style of interaction here. You were such a gigantic troll to me when I was a newbie here that In my mind you are literally a Bully (confirmed to me by the few real life interactions we have had). Honestly I don't think I will see you any other way, and I don't really feel like trying to change that. Just the way it is, no matter what we agree on we just will never see eye to eye.

Edited by Geeto67

Because she's the VP of the United States?

That's like saying my brother is the manager of Auto Zone. Pure. Fucking. Clout.

You're wrong, having political clout is a major win..I have an example.

As a teen a buddy and I got in trouble with the law.

We had to appear in front of a judge. My buddy tell me to just be cool it's been taken care of.

In the end we were fined $20, no jail, no probation.

Why you ask??

My buddy's uncle was asst. to the governor and the judge was told not to touch us.

I don't think your bro at az would have the clout..sorry you are wrong

You're wrong, having political clout is a major win..I have an example.

As a teen a buddy and I got in trouble with the law.

We had to appear in front of a judge. My buddy tell me to just be cool it's been taken care of.

In the end we were fined $20, no jail, no probation.

Why you ask??

My buddy's uncle was asst. to the governor and the judge was told not to touch us.

I don't think your bro at az would have the clout..sorry you are wrong

:lolguy:

Well I guess there goes that uneasy truce.

Yes I am a troll. I own that. I've made it clear several times that my point has not been to change anybody's mind but literally to feed the opposing viewpoint back to a lot of the regular trolls with the same rhetoric and communication technique they push forward and in an equally as obnoxious and offensive way as possible. The point was to cause disruption and noise. It isn't empty noise however, I wanted to make sure there was an actual point and plausible argument behind the trollish behavior to give it credibility and on the off chance someone would look past it. What I had hoped was that the extra noise would cause the moderators to actually start to enforce some of their own rules and push the tone of the board back toward being a community about cars and racing, what I didn't expect is that the moderators would basically just fuck with my profile, post text, and tell me the rules to protect members didn't apply to me.

Your statement to me is funny because you specifically were one of the people that pushed me toward this style of interaction here. You were such a gigantic troll to me when I was a newbie here that In my mind you are literally a Bully (confirmed to me by the few real life interactions we have had). Honestly I don't think I will see you any other way, and I don't really feel like trying to change that. Just the way it is, no matter what we agree on we just will never see eye to eye.

Columbus Racing doesn't give a shit either way about politics.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

My challenge to you, Otis -- how do you differentiate between someone who acknowledges that they know very little, and therefore seeks answers in academia, scholarship, and learned expertise, and someone who acknowledges that they know very little, and seeks answers in cultish conspiracy theories?

What is the difference between two people who admit their ignorance about, say, how vaccines work, and per your quote, "open themselves to new and important information," only for one to come out the other side trusting in science and the other to come out as an anti-vaxxer?