☆~Sleepy Joe 2021~☆

Mitch

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that all the words stir the pot, it's that the soup has been served.

Im not defending Trump in any way; he's an idiot. But, they've ALL been stirring the pot in their own way for years now. Trump just turned up the burner and it finally boiled over.

It's not that he "might do something". He done did something.

They suspended his account Wednesday and said it would be locked for 12 hours. If he did it again, they would permaban him.

So the suspension was due to inciting the protest, the termination of the account was not attributed to another action. That’s the way it read / their reasoning.

I suspect they got a ton of pressure from the left/inside the building and had to change course with a ban instead of a suspension.

Yes I understand he did do something, which resulted in a suspension. My understanding is they are terminating his account now because he might do something else. Does that make sense?

Im not defending Trump in any way; he's an idiot. But, they've ALL been stirring the pot in their own way for years now. Trump just turned up the burner and it finally boiled over.

Your not allowed to cast blame on anyone but trump in here! It is not possible for Trump to be wrong and for the anyone on the left to be equally wrong for the same thing. You would rip a hole in the universe and Kerry would get sucked in and come out as Donald Trump on the other end.

Yes I understand he did do something, which resulted in a suspension. My understanding is they are terminating his account now because he might do something else. Does that make sense?

He tweeted twice after his suspension was lifted (not including his hostage video), and Twitter decided that both of those tweets might continue to incite to violence.

He tweeted twice after his suspension was lifted (not including his hostage video), and Twitter decided that both of those tweets might continue to incite to violence.

I don't tweeter and didn't see those. What did those 2 say? His vid seemed to tell them to stand down and go home.

Pretty amazing that they put this all down and explained the reasoning.

I can appreciate that, but also say it’s kinda bullshit. They were looking for any reason to ban him. Also, IMO, this dedicated group of his supporters are going to do shit either way. It’s not going to be sparked by him at this point. I fear that what Twitter has actually done is created more division and more reason for any level of conservative voice to stay away from that platform. Twitter will become the world biggest orgy-fest of liberal buffoonery we will ever see. The funny part about them banning him is in 2016 Twitter was TANKING in users. When he announced his candidacy, it had a massive spike and has grown so large that people literally have jobs just to respond to him on Twitter lol. So by banning him they are effectively removing a MASSIVE amount of content for the platform. There are some in the entertainment/social marketing space im close with that analyze this kind is data, they think it spells a slow death of Twitter. Wouldn’t that be ironic lol.

I can appreciate that, but also say it’s kinda bullshit. They were looking for any reason to ban him. Also, IMO, this dedicated group of his supporters are going to do shit either way. It’s not going to be sparked by him at this point. I fear that what Twitter has actually done is created more division and more reason for any level of conservative voice to stay away from that platform. Twitter will become the world biggest orgy-fest of liberal buffoonery we will ever see. The funny part about them banning him is in 2016 Twitter was TANKING in users. When he announced his candidacy, it had a massive spike and has grown so large that people literally have jobs just to respond to him on Twitter lol. So by banning him they are effectively removing a MASSIVE amount of content for the platform. There are some in the entertainment/social marketing space im close with that analyze this kind is data, they think it spells a slow death of Twitter. Wouldn’t that be ironic lol.

At the end of the day who cares, its a private company/platform and they can decide what direction they want to go. If it spells a slow death to them then its probably for the best. Social medial platforms are continue to the be toxic burden on society IMO.

I'm going to go ahead and be an asshole and say that it's pretty amazing that you wrote a 4 paragraph reply "correcting" Richard Cranium without doing a basic amount of research to inform your position.

Twitter is making a lot of enemies on "both sides" right now. While I believe you're factually incorrect about twitter tanking in 2016, they've certainly profited from algorithms that promote bullshit conspiracy theories and blatant misinformation. E.g., they certainly have profited immensely from Trump and the controversies he fans. Trump shouldn't be banned in 2021, he should be reduced to a nobody in 2012 because Twitter doesn't promote his lies. At this point all of these algorithms that have only cared about bringing in the most ad revenue have created a monster in the form of a massively uninformed and misinformed population who follow and believe in the nonsense spewing forth from idiotic demagogues. The companies that created them don't know what else to do except hit the ban button and hope that people forget how complicit they were in all of this.

Fuck Twitter. Fuck Facebook. Fuck Trump.

I'm going to go ahead and be an asshole and say that it's pretty amazing that you wrote a 4 paragraph reply "correcting" Richard Cranium without doing a basic amount of research to inform your position.

I still stand by my position that I think it’s bullshit, but like it’s been mentioned already, they are a private company, so they can decide what they want.

In fairness to myself, this shit moved pretty quick. I like to think of myself as someone that stays pretty informed, but with a 4 month old going through a growth spurt I’m in a blur right now. So, my understanding was correct, but they changed that position based on the 2 tweets that they explained.

I really don’t understand how the main tech companies can conspire shut down a competitor and everyone is okay with it. It’s such a slippery slope when you start censoring opinions and voices. You arent targeting just the extremists with these moves. This is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

No, I don’t have a parler account. It doesn’t feel like a free market when the big 3 decide they don’t like you and don’t want you to operate any longer.

I saw someone post this - it’s like your phone company cutting off your service because they don’t like what you talk about with your friends.