Has anyone read this thing about the gorilla glue

Mace1647545504

In your wildest dreams, could you imagine that putting glue anywhere on your body would cost $12,000 in medical bills? I can't and I have a pretty vivid imagination. $12,000 is the kind of expense that could bankrupt most folks. Is it your honest assertion that the only way she is accountable is if this mistake ruins her financially and drives her into poverty? She isn't costing you anything so where is the line?

If we were talking maybe $1200 or heck even $2400, maybe I could see a go fund me being an overkill. But still nobody is forcing anybody to donate. What's wrong with people wanting to help other people?

As far as the lawsuit is concerned, she hasn't filed suit yet, all they are reporting is that she talked to a lawyer. I don't see her as having a case, but I'm not a products liability lawyer, so who knows.

At this stage, a physician donated the $12,000 procedure so the go fund me has become moot. Let's see what she does with it before we condemn her.

Well her talking to a lawyer says it all to me.

The gofundme page SHE started has raised 20k so she has enough to pay the dr but doesn't have to since the work was donated.

Did you see the concoction he used.."medical-grade adhesive remover, aloe vera, olive oil and acetone"....12k seems like a lot of jack for just that.

Yes, let's see what she does with the money. If she donates it or does something good with the entire amount then I'll give her kudos if not then I back to attention whore moron.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're dumb enough to put glue on your head it's not the educational status of the region, you're just a stupid human that was raised by equally stupid people.

Have you ever actually looked at a bottle of Gorilla Glue? It says plain as day in big bold letters not to put it on your skin.

Honestly, I'm not shocked that people are doing everything but holding this mouth breathing fucktard accountable, it's America and it's what we do these days.

You ever put gasoline or wd-40 on your hands? You aren’t supposed to do that either. It’s all perspective really.

Well her talking to a lawyer says it all to me.

The gofundme page SHE started has raised 20k so she has enough to pay the dr but doesn't have to since the work was donated.

Did you see the concoction he used.."medical-grade adhesive remover, aloe vera, olive oil and acetone"....12k seems like a lot of jack for just that.

Yes, let's see what she does with the money. If she donates it or does something good with the entire amount then I'll give her kudos if not then I back to attention whore moron.

Perhaps, but did you read they had an anesthesiologist present? And there was a doctor involved. The procedure may have been “donated” but there might have been other costs. Like, for example, how did she get there? Airfare, transportation, lodging, meals. Did she make a buck? Maybe, was it worth it? You couldn’t pay me 20k to go through all that.

Chick put fucking gorilla glue in her hair and did a gofund me and raised what.. 20k? bitch. I had my house burned down and barely raised 3k from my niece and split it between two families. Guess I'm not famous enough (or dumb enough?)

Since this has morphed into another political thread among the same usual parties, I don't mind coming in here and adding some fuel to the fire. Let's talk, boys!

Nowadays, it is socially acceptable for a person to identify as the opposite gender. A guy can wear women's clothes, talk and act like a woman (whatever that means), call himself a woman, and society needs to respect that. OK, but isn't it sexist to identify as a gender based off of such stereotypical traits? How is that any different than a white guy dying his skin black and calling himself an African American? The former is acceptable, yet the latter clearly isn't. So identifying as a different gender is OK, but not a different race? What's the difference, really?

You are a male or female or black or white based off of your genetic makeup. Your DNA identifies who you are on paper. If a guy is more comfortable wearing a dress or a girl is more comfortable shaving her head and wearing blue jeans, why can't we just accept that without the need to identify as a different gender? You want to get your tallywacker chopped off and wear lipstick and call yourself Lilly, hey, go for it. I'm all for people doing whatever makes them happy. But guess what? Lily is still a dude. If a white guy wears a FUBU jersey and gets cornrows and listens to Dr. Dre, it doesn't make him black, does it?

Switching topics for a minute. For me, the "pussification of America" is evident in something as simple as modern cartoons. Back in the day, Tom and Jerry would smack each other and smoke cigars, Elmer Fudd would shoot Daffy Duck with a rifle, the Coyote would try and blow up the Roadrunner. Cookie Monster would eat COOKIES, not vegetables (with cookies as an occasional snack!) like today's version. Guns and "violence" are not acceptable in modern cartoons. Why? Because apparently we expect TV to parent our children? Hell, I'm sure someone would be "offended" by Foghorn Leghorn nowadays.

For all the good that social media provides, there's obviously a lot of bad that comes from it as well. You know that saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease? Well now every Karen knows they can "get their way" because society now caters to the complainers. Some white guy suddenly decides he is "offended" by the Cleveland Indians. Yeah, I'm sure he's losing sleep over the name and logo of a sports team that he doesn't even watch. But don't you worry, he'll keep complaining until he can force some billionaire to change the name of the team that he doesn't even follow. All so he can get his rocks off to being "woke" and all the other SJW's slobbing on his knob. 'Look what we did! We made some rich white guy change the name of his sports team! Power to the people!' :rolleyes: Fake outrage is the new fad.

Lots to unpack here, lettuce discuss :lol:

:wtf:

Come on Randy, you can do better than that! Don't you want to tell me my privilege is showing?

Let's be honest, I'm a straight white male from midwest America, so nobody cares what I have to say unless I'm yelling DEFUND THE POLICE or grilling the Aunt Jemima syrup folks on Twitter for being intolerant scumbags.

I just think it's funny how we preach equality, yet there are so many double standards and examples of reverse racism/sexism. There isn't much consistency and if you dare to question it, you're labeled a racist or a bigot or whatever. I'm just trying to keep up with the rules.

Also, my comments wouldn't be so shocking if instead of this wall of text on the internet, you just imagined them coming from some drunk guy at a dive bar. Although I'm not at a bar, and I'm not drunk.....yet :lol:

:wtf:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everything about the old days were better. For instance, I always thought Pepe Le Pew was a creepy rape skunk. Never did like that French bastard. And I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy some Spongebob Squarepants!

So a quick look on google it appears she is going to donate the money she raised (all but about 1000 to pay for travel expenses and the original er visit), and her goal was originally only 1500. It also seems she isn't interested in suing Gorilla Glue for this ordeal. I'm glad she is donating the money and not just looking for a handout.

So a quick look on google it appears she is going to donate the money she raised (all but about 1000 to pay for travel expenses and the original er visit), and her goal was originally only 1500. It also seems she isn't interested in suing Gorilla Glue for this ordeal. I'm glad she is donating the money and not just looking for a handout.

From what I read, lawyers were pushing her to go for a lawsuit.

Why would you do something so stupid..jezzzus..just put a drop on a finger and press it to the other finger.

Funny story..back in the 70s when I was an computer operator, an stc ce came in to do maintenance on a tape drive.

He says hey mace, your a big strong kid..let's see how strong you are..sure i replied.

He takes a bottle of something out of his case , put a drop on my finger, tells me to press it to my thumb as hard as i can for a minute then pull it apart. Well I couldn't ..he's laughing his ass off and says wait a second, grabs something else puts a few drops on the glue and a few seconds later I was free.

I wonder if i can sue for ptsd...lol

Nowadays, it is socially acceptable for a person to identify as the opposite gender. A guy can wear women's clothes, talk and act like a woman (whatever that means), call himself a woman, and society needs to respect that. OK, but isn't it sexist to identify as a gender based off of such stereotypical traits? How is that any different than a white guy dying his skin black and calling himself an African American? The former is acceptable, yet the latter clearly il s n't. So identifying as a different gender is OK, but not a different race? What's the difference, really?

History and context. For a long time in this country white folks mimic'ed other races in mocking and dehumanizing ways as part and parcel of the oppression of those races. For members of that group it was so severe and pervasive It is something that is culturally ingrained as on it's face offensive. Still, even in the modern age there are times where it can kinda sorta be seen as acceptable (usually parody - seethe film tropic thunder for an instance where it is kinda, sorta tolerated).

You are a male or female or black or white based off of your genetic makeup. Your DNA identifies who you are on paper. If a guy is more comfortable wearing a dress or a girl is more comfortable shaving her head and wearing blue jeans, why can't we just accept that without the need to identify as a different gender? You want to get your tallywacker chopped off and wear lipstick and call yourself Lilly, hey, go for it. I'm all for people doing whatever makes them happy. But guess what? Lily is still a dude. If a white guy wears a FUBU jersey and gets cornrows and listens to Dr. Dre, it doesn't make him black, does it?

Let's stop right there - Genetic Sequence isn't as binary as people think, there are Quite a few genetic chromosome anomalies that create conditions like hermaphroditism or turner syndrome. Why this is important is that in America, because of both sexism and treating gender as binary, there are certain rights that are conferred to some and not others and very few clarification on how to deal with those in-between. Additionally there are no standard rules for private organizations on how to treat these situations (for example the Olympic committee excludes athletes that are generically male, even if the individual has only female sex organs and identifies as female)

Switching topics for a minute. For me, the "pussification of America" is evident in something as simple as modern cartoons. Back in the day, Tom and Jerry would smack each other and smoke cigars, Elmer Fudd would shoot Daffy Duck with a rifle, the Coyote would try and blow up the Roadrunner. Cookie Monster would eat COOKIES, not vegetables (with cookies as an occasional snack!) like today's version. Guns and "violence" are not acceptable in modern cartoons. Why? Because apparently we expect TV to parent our children? Hell, I'm sure someone would be "offended" by Foghorn Leghorn nowadays.

pussification of america is just a bullshit marketing term. It doesn't really exist as anything other than justification for one group to complain about progress. If anything my experience is that the violent cartoons are just as violent as they have been in the past if not more so (see teen titans for an example), there are just fewer violent cartoons over all as the medium has grown to embrace different storytelling techniques and become more specalized to age groups. You used to only have like a handful of cartoon shows in the 50's-70's, and then in the 80's there was an explosion of cartoon shows. Now you have 3 channels on cable that run cartoons 24 hours a day without a repeat. With volume came variety.

For all the good that social media provides, there's obviously a lot of bad that comes from it as well. You know that saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease? Well now every Karen knows they can "get their way" because society now caters to the complainers. Some white guy suddenly decides he is "offended" by the Cleveland Indians. Yeah, I'm sure he's losing sleep over the name and logo of a sports team that he doesn't even watch. But don't you worry, he'll keep complaining until he can force some billionaire to change the name of the team that he doesn't even follow. All so he can get his rocks off to being "woke" and all the other SJW's slobbing on his knob. 'Look what we did! We made some rich white guy change the name of his sports team! Power to the people!' :rolleyes: Fake outrage is the new fad.

Social Media did not create all the ills that face Society. It did turn up the volume on a lot of them which has made some things better and some things worse. The Cleveland Indians or Washington Redskins name was always offensive, don't think that these names weren't racist when they were first chosen, it's that the people that chose them didn't give a fuck then. One person complaining didn't change the name of the redskins, it took a concerted effort by a lot of people to affect the club's decision, mostly by costing the team money. Social Media allowed those people to better organize, communicate, and force the hand of the team. The down side is it's also helped a lot of marginalized local hate groups to also become more organized, find each other, and increase their effectiveness.