Big Black Chevy Gets the Business Inside & Out

TTQ B4U

So a friend of mine who is a broker for private planes had me work on his loaner vehicle that customers use. Very cool set up as he's a former military guy who purchased this Chevy Tahoe from the Secret Service after only 7,000 miles of use. Still has the Kevlar lined doors and 3 layer bullet proof windshield along with some nicely done mounts for guns and radio equipment in the console area. Anyway, it's a vehicle he lets prospective and current customers use as they land at the airport and being it's a 2014 with now close to mid 60's on the Odometer it was time for an inside and out spruce up.

Good news is he's pretty meticulous with keeping the vehicle clean. No trash or dirt at all inside. In fact it was pretty dust free too. However, years of dirt and grime turned the carpet to a dirty grey and the seats were layered with grime too. Goal here was to fully clean the interior from top to bottom as in a full Elite Level Cleaning covering carpet, seats, and headliner along with the all the interior panels, console, dash, doors, etc. Basically a nice steam extraction and leather cleaning and treatment plus some other goodies that together make the interior look brand new.

Exterior wise it goes through car washes all the time to keep the dirt off it which means swirl city but that's okay as at least he keeps it clean. Goal here was to remove all the layers of car wash waxes and embedded grime and while not worrying so much about swirl, but rather give it a good polish to shine it up and make the paint smooth as glass and ready to be the limo it is set out to be.

Overall it turned out great and even the exterior saw a huge 75% plus reduction in swirls and outside a few stone chips up front, the vehicle is like brand new. Wheels are all perfect and even the underside came out like new.

Let's look at the interior shots first. Note, I've definitely seen worse but the good news is while the leather in Tahoe's isn't he most supple and it definitely holds onto dirt, it also does come clean pretty well and stands up to wear and tear far better than a lot of interiors I see.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Thankfully mother nature held off on rain this morning but unfortunately she didn't pop any sunshine out to help with the lighting.

No fancy ceramic coating on this one. Just a great cleaner wax and sealant All in One Product along with a machine polisher.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Brad?

Awesome turnout, even with the low mileage. It's amazing how torn up these not-too-old Tahoe's look these days.

Yep. He's a great guy and keeps care of his vehicles like no ones business. I'm bugging him to sell me his latest Lexus. Next year possibly. Says I have first-dibs. Should have bought his last one. I will continue to prod him to buy that Audi Q7 or Q8. LOL.