IROC-Z LS Swap - Shop Needed

indy82z

Over the past year and a half I have been collecting all the parts that I need to complete an LS swap in my 87 IROC-Z. I had a buddy who was going to take care of it for me as I have been planning this for years, but never seem to have the time to get it done. I just about have all the parts but due to personal issues, he is no longer going to be able to do the swap. Wondering if anyone knows any good places that I could take the car and parts to get the work done? While I am sure there are some little pieces that I may have missed, I have all the major components included a rebuilt motor, trans, Holley Terminator, all mounts, etc. While I would love to do this swap myself, I simply do not have the space or time to get it done in any realistic timeframe. Normally I would just let it sit on the shelf and wait for my buddy to get his situation sorted out but he is not sure how long that will take plus I have a warranty running out on the motor and trans that I bought. If I can find someone who will reasonably do the work, I also have all the brake and suspension parts to upgrade the car so it would be safe with the new powerplant. Car has a lot of sentimental value to me and really want to make sure whoever does it is trustworthy and does a really good job as I have plans to drive the wheels off of this car and reliability is the #1 priority. Appreciate any leads on a good place to get the work done.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to check out Moorespeed since they are local and check out their shop. As you mentioned, sounds like from talking with them that they have done this swap before.

That's just gosh darn beautiful. Why not swap the hard top one instead? It'll already have the pedals and like.. hardtop bro. Racecar.

I really prefer the T-Tops for cruising. The two hardtop cars are pretty rare so am keeping those mostly stock. The T-Top was an LG4 car so it REALLY needed a motor swap. Truth be told that at some point I will part with one or two of them as it really is hard to really enjoy them as much as I would like to. They are garage queens and it is all I can do to get a tank of gas run out of them each year.